ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice of Marriage given more than 3 months but no approval or any communications received from Home office

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PLANDID
Newly Registered
Mood:

Notice of Marriage given more than 3 months but no approval or any communications received from Home office

Post by PLANDID » Wed May 12, 2021 10:23 am

My friend gave notice of marriage 10th February in Luton Register Office. She is Bangladeshi on student visa. Partner is British. The interview went all fine.

However since then no approval letter neither any communications received from Home Office.

Is there any email, phone or contact address where they can contact for an update.

Would very much appreciate for help.

kamoe

Re: Notice of Marriage given more than 3 months but no approval or any communications received from Home office

Post by kamoe » Wed May 12, 2021 2:34 pm

PLANDID wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:23 am
The interview went all fine.
What interview are you referring to? Do you mean the notice appointment? If so, there is no "went well" or "went wrong" as that is really just for the couple to declare their intention to marry and provide their personal details, it's not a test. All couples have to do this, foreign or not.
However since then no approval letter neither any communications received from Home Office.
As far as I understand, if the Home Office has no objection to the wedding going ahead, then that's it. The applicant never receives a letter or notice of "approval".

If, on the other hand, the Home Office has an objection, then the couple gets summoned for a real interview (a test to see if the couple is genuine).

If 70 days have passed after the notice appointment, and no objection/summon from the Home Office has been received, then that means there is no problem and the wedding can go ahead.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

PLANDID
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Notice of Marriage given more than 3 months but no approval or any communications received from Home office

Post by PLANDID » Thu May 20, 2021 3:17 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:34 pm
PLANDID wrote:
What interview are you referring to? Do you mean the notice appointment? If so, there is no "went well" or "went wrong" as that is really just for the couple to declare their intention to marry and provide their personal details, it's not a test. All couples have to do this, foreign or not.
As far as I understand, if the Home Office has no objection to the wedding going ahead, then that's it. The applicant never receives a letter or notice of "approval".

If, on the other hand, the Home Office has an objection, then the couple gets summoned for a real interview (a test to see if the couple is genuine).

If 70 days have passed after the notice appointment, and no objection/summon from the Home Office has been received, then that means there is no problem and the wedding can go ahead.
Thanks. I have seen previously people getting a letter which says 'Home office decided not to investigate'.

But thanks for your reply, they will go to register office to book registration now. Let see.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu May 20, 2021 3:30 pm

PLANDID wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:17 pm
kamoe wrote:
PLANDID wrote:

Thanks. I have seen previously people getting a letter which says 'Home office decided not to investigate'.

But thanks for your reply, they will go to register office to book registration now. Let see.
All I can say is I never received any letter. Our ceremony went ahead without issues.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu May 20, 2021 10:03 pm

PLANDID wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:17 pm
kamoe wrote:
PLANDID wrote:

You can do SAR to the Home Office.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.