ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tuberclosis (TB) test - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nabeel.chohan
Newly Registered

Tuberclosis (TB) test - Pakistan

Post by nabeel.chohan » Tue May 04, 2021 2:05 pm

Hi folks,

Does anyone know how long does it take for IOM to respond to the email for booking a TB test? I emailed them on Thursday 29th April and tried calling them numerous times, but no luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Muhammad jabbar 1993
Pakistan

Re: Tuberclosis (TB) test - Pakistan

Post by Muhammad jabbar 1993 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:29 am

nabeel.chohan wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:05 pm
Hi folks,

Does anyone know how long does it take for IOM to respond to the email for booking a TB test? I emailed them on Thursday 29th April and tried calling them numerous times, but no luck.

Thanks
Hi
Did you got any reply from them?

Muhammad jabbar 1993
Pakistan

Post by Muhammad jabbar 1993 » Wed May 19, 2021 8:21 pm

nabeel.chohan wrote:
Hi folks,

Thanks
Hi
I was also trying to call them but it says their office is closed. Anyone knows anything about it?
I also sent them email on uktbappointments@iom.int on May 17 and still waiting for reply.
If anyone can suggest something please post to help. Thank you

nabeel.chohan
Newly Registered

Post by nabeel.chohan » Thu May 20, 2021 11:23 am

All-

Please email them again. All emails sent during last 3-4 weeks were affected due to the reduced workforce during lockdown.

Thanks

Nabeel

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Thu May 20, 2021 2:20 pm

nabeel.chohan wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:23 am
All-

Please email them again. All emails sent during last 3-4 weeks were affected due to the reduced workforce during lockdown.

Thanks

Nabeel
How long until you received a reply nabeel? Thanks

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Fri May 21, 2021 7:18 am

Muhammad jabbar 1993 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:21 pm
nabeel.chohan wrote:
Hi folks,

Thanks
Hi
I was also trying to call them but it says their office is closed. Anyone knows anything about it?
I also sent them email on uktbappointments@iom.int on May 17 and still waiting for reply.
Did you get a reply bro? Any help is appreciated

Muhammad jabbar 1993
Pakistan

Post by Muhammad jabbar 1993 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:11 pm

Theunknownusername wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 7:18 am
nabeel.chohan wrote:
Hi folks,

Thanks
Hi
Hi
No still no reply sent email on may 17th still waiting. When did you sent them email?
I am trying email them every day now. Actually I submitted application from Qatar for spouse Visa and had appeal that we won and got visa now but I'm in Pakistan at the moment. Just need submit passport to get vintage but this tb test now taking forever.
Please if you get any information share with us. Thank you

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri May 21, 2021 1:57 pm

You don't need a new TB test.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Fri May 21, 2021 2:31 pm

Fri May 21, 2021 12:11 pm
nabeel.chohan wrote:
Hi folks,

Thanks
Hi
Hi
No still no reply sent email on may 17th still waiting. When did you sent them email?
I am trying email them every day now. Actually I submitted application from Qatar for spouse Visa and had appeal that we won and got visa now but I'm in Pakistan at the moment. Just need submit passport to get vintage but this tb test now taking forever.
Hi

I am in the same position as you. Emailed on 17/05 and visited the centre today 21/05/. They said to just keep sending them an email every 2 days until you get a reply... such a TERRIBLE system. This the last document required for my wife visa and its so frustrating that we don't even have more than one option to get the test done!

Please let me know if they reply to you and when they book your date for the TB test :) Thanks

Muhammad jabbar 1993
Pakistan

Post by Muhammad jabbar 1993 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:13 pm

Fri May 21, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi
Hi
Hi

I am in the same position as you. Emailed on 17/05 and visited the centre today 21/05/. They said to just keep sending them an email every 2 days until you get a reply... such a TERRIBLE system. This the last document required for my wife visa and its so frustrating that we don't even have more than one option to get the test done!

Please let me know if they reply to you and when they book your date for the TB test :) Thanks
Sure I will update whenever we got any reply from them. You too please let us know if any news.thanks

Muhammad jabbar 1993
Pakistan

Post by Muhammad jabbar 1993 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:19 pm

Hi
In which centre you went today?
IOM have office in Islamabad Maroof hospital 2nd floor. I am not sure if can get appointment from their main office.
I sent email today also trying to book in Mirpur but still no luck.

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Fri May 21, 2021 7:49 pm

Fri May 21, 2021 5:19 pm

Hi
In which centre you went today?
IOM have office in Islamabad Maroof hospital 2nd floor. I am not sure if can get appointment from their main office.
I sent email today also trying to book in Mirpur but still no luck.
Hi
My wife went to lahore. They said only available through email :/

Muhammad jabbar 1993
Pakistan

Post by Muhammad jabbar 1993 » Fri May 21, 2021 10:42 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:57 pm
Hi
TODMATT thank you for your response.
Actually I submitted application from Qatar and tb test was not required from that country. Currently I'm in Pakistan as my mom passed away so I came back home. My lawyer told me as I'm In Pakistan now so me should get tb test also to submit passport. That's why I'm just stuck and waiting for appointment.

We had appeal that we won and now they said to submit passport but idk if I can submit without tb test?
Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you

VeryNiceName
Newly Registered

Post by VeryNiceName » Sat May 22, 2021 5:34 am

Make sure that when you're emailing them, you are including the format required which gives them all of the information that they require for the applicant. You can find the format on their website.

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Sat May 22, 2021 8:36 am

VeryNiceName wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 5:34 am
Make sure that when you're emailing them, you are including the format required which gives them all of the information that they require for the applicant. You can find the format on their website.
I have done everything as stated on their website :/ Even tried their 'mymedical' online portal but there is not a single appointment available all the next year at any of the IOM sites in Pakistan... So clearly that system is broken as well! I just don't understand how this is meant to be an internationally recognised health centre.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat May 22, 2021 8:52 am

Fri May 21, 2021 10:42 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Hi
Actually I submitted application from Qatar and tb test was not required from that country. Currently I'm in Pakistan as my mom passed away so I came back home. My lawyer told me as I'm In Pakistan now so me should get tb test also to submit passport. That's why I'm just stuck and waiting for appointment.

We had appeal that we won and now they said to submit passport but idk if I can submit without tb test?
TB wasn't required at the date of the application since you have applied from a country which the TB wasn't required? Has your solicitor contacted the decision making centre with regards to you being in Pakistan? since your application will be linked Qatar?

Muhammad jabbar 1993
Pakistan

Post by Muhammad jabbar 1993 » Sat May 22, 2021 10:36 am

TODMATT wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 8:52 am
TODMATT wrote:
Hi

TB wasn't required at the date of the application since you have applied from a country which the TB wasn't required? Has your solicitor contacted the decision making centre with regards to you being in Pakistan? since your application will be linked Qatar?
Hi
No my lawyer didn't contacted them. He just said as you will be travelling from Pakistan now you should get tb test.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat May 22, 2021 10:47 am

Sat May 22, 2021 10:36 am
TODMATT wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
Hi

Hi
No my lawyer didn't contacted them. He just said as you will be travelling from Pakistan now you should get tb test.
I do not believe you need one and also if you arrived in the UK. You are highly unlikely going to be ask and if it is required then there's a X ray machine at the airport but those people who came from abroad was never asked about it and this include my wife whose TB test was expired 12 months later.

Muhammad jabbar 1993
Pakistan

Post by Muhammad jabbar 1993 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:40 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 10:47 am
TODMATT wrote:

Hi

Hi
I do not believe you need one and also if you arrived in the UK. You are highly unlikely going to be ask and if it is required then there's a X ray machine at the airport but those people who came from abroad was never asked about it and this include my wife whose TB test was expired 12 months later.
Hi
Thank you so much for your information.
As I need to submit passport and get stamp on it, iwas thinking maybe they will ask for tb test as I will submit passport here now in Pakistan.
Can I go visa application centre to ask them?
Or where I can email to confirm?
If anyone can give any information will be appreciated. It's been over a year struggling with this visa. It never ends😑

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat May 22, 2021 4:50 pm

Sat May 22, 2021 4:40 pm
TODMATT wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
Hi
Hi
As I need to submit passport and get stamp on it, iwas thinking maybe they will ask for tb test as I will submit passport here now in Pakistan.
If anyone can give any information will be appreciated. It's been over a year struggling with this visa. It never ends😑
You are NOT required to submit a TB test at the centre. Once an appeal has been allowed and you have been emailed to pay for IHS, the email usually contains information relating to submitting your passport only with the receipt of the IHS fee paid. Have you received the topup email?

Muhammad jabbar 1993
Pakistan

Post by Muhammad jabbar 1993 » Sat May 22, 2021 11:44 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 4:50 pm
TODMATT wrote:

Hi
Hi
You are NOT required to submit a TB test at the centre. Once an appeal has been allowed and you have been emailed to pay for IHS, the email usually contains information relating to submitting your passport only with the receipt of the IHS fee paid. Have you received the topup email?
Hey
Yeah we received email from home office to submit passport.
Tb test was not mentioned in that email only was IHS fee that we already submitted on the time of application and they didn't made any refund as we lodged appeal.
The issue is in the whole appeal process time my resident address was Qatar then suddenly my mom died and I came Pakistan, mean time our decision was overturned.
When we received email to submit passport our lawyer wrote them my address to update and advised me to sort tb test then submit passport. But home office it was not written in email. It's just because I'm going to submit my passport in Pakistan that's why he said should submit tb test also so they stamp on my passport.
But this tb test appointment is taking forever.

NaeemAbbas
Pakistan

Post by NaeemAbbas » Sun May 23, 2021 12:16 am

Yes I am also waiting response from tb test center. They are not responding at all. i sent them email on 13th may.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun May 23, 2021 2:20 pm

Sat May 22, 2021 11:44 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 4:50 pm
TODMATT wrote:

Hi
Hey
Yeah we received email from home office to submit passport.
Tb test was not mentioned in that email only was IHS fee that we already submitted on the time of application and they didn't made any refund as we lodged appeal.
The issue is in the whole appeal process time my resident address was Qatar then suddenly my mom died and I came Pakistan, mean time our decision was overturned.
When we received email to submit passport our lawyer wrote them my address to update and advised me to sort tb test then submit passport. But home office it was not written in email. It's just because I'm going to submit my passport in Pakistan that's why he said should submit tb test also so they stamp on my passport.
But this tb test appointment is taking forever.
You don't need a TB test.

Theunknownusername
Wales

Post by Theunknownusername » Sun May 23, 2021 3:23 pm

NaeemAbbas wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:16 am
Yes I am also waiting response from tb test center. They are not responding at all. i sent them email on 13th may.
How often have you been emailing them? Hope they come through with a reply soon for you man

Muhammad jabbar 1993
Pakistan

Post by Muhammad jabbar 1993 » Sun May 23, 2021 5:12 pm

You don't need a TB test.
[/quote]

Hi
Thank you so much for your reply.
I will try go Visa application centre will ask them if they will say it's mandatory to get tb test to submit passport then will wait for appointment otherwise will submit passport.
Thank you so much for being so helpful.
IOM taking forever for appointments too many people are waiting, their call centre even not working. Due to covid everything is slow and horrible.
Hope IOM will sort some solution to speed up.