ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Status of Dependent on T1 once Main applicant gets ILR

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shrikantK
India

Status of Dependent on T1 once Main applicant gets ILR

Post by shrikantK » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:53 pm

Hello there,

I've T1 - Exceptional Talent visa until June 2023. Due to change in rules about mandatory stay period (from 5 years to 3 years), I became eligible to apply for ILR in Dec 2020 and have already submitted my ILR application. My wife is dependent on me and she will complete her 5 years of mandatory stay in June 2023. So I have following questions -

1. Is there any effect on wife's work rights and stay here in UK, once I switch to ILR? (as she's dependent on my T1 Visa)

2. Can I get refund of IHS fees for remaining & un-used period of T1 visa (i.e.Jan2021-June2023 about 2.5 years)?

I am grateful to the Immigration Board and Experts for their guidance at various stages during last 3 years.

Kind regards,
SK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Status of Dependent on T1 once Main applicant gets ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:24 pm

1. No.

2. You can try, no guarantee, as the IHS website stars clearly that you do not get a refund if you apply for ilr
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue May 11, 2021 2:13 pm

shrikantK wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:53 pm
Hello there,

I've T1 - Exceptional Talent visa until June 2023. Due to change in rules about mandatory stay period (from 5 years to 3 years), I became eligible to apply for ILR in Dec 2020 and have already submitted my ILR application. My wife is dependent on me and she will complete her 5 years of mandatory stay in June 2023. So I have following questions -

1. Is there any effect on wife's work rights and stay here in UK, once I switch to ILR? (as she's dependent on my T1 Visa)

2. Can I get refund of IHS fees for remaining & un-used period of T1 visa (i.e.Jan2021-June2023 about 2.5 years)?

I am grateful to the Immigration Board and Experts for their guidance at various stages during last 3 years.

Kind regards,
SK
Did you get your ILR? What was your GTV endorsing body, and what was your field of expertise?

shrikantK
India

Post by shrikantK » Sun May 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Hi Krishnakumarg,

Sorry I just saw your message here. Anyway I got the ILR!.

I had the endorsement for Tier 1 -Exceptional Talent Visa (this visa existed earlier, which converted into GTV with some changes) from Royal Society of Chemistry.

My specialization is in Chemistry/Materials Science (PhD+Postdocs)

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
ShrikantK