ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GETTING MARRIED

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

topsnet36
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

GETTING MARRIED

Post by topsnet36 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:00 am

Hi guys,

How are you doing ? I would need your assistance regarding this situation.

I and my fiancée booked for a notice to get married and after that, we have to get a registry and this would take us nothing less than 6 months in total in Dublin. The problem is my visa is due to be expired on the 5th of December 2021. However, my girlfriend and I would want to travel outside the country, Zimbabwe specifically, to get married. I do not have a Schengen or a UK visa, else Denmark or Belfast would have been the preferred option. My problem is, when we get married in Zimbabwe (cause that's her origin) and return, how would I be able to apply to the immigration officer for a change of visa(from stamp1G to stamp 4), and also, would it be accepted.

I was discussing with her earlier on, that we would need to book an application to the GNIB office, submit the EU3 form, alongside with our marriage certificate and be available at the immigration office to acknowledge the marriage.

If there any other information that is not mentioned here, I would like for your help to make it know to me.

Best regards...

seekingadvice87

Re: GETTING MARRIED

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sat May 22, 2021 2:15 pm

Hi,

What nationality does your fiance hold?

Since you'll still have a valid visa to return to Ireland from Zimbabwe, you'll be able to return but your application once in Ireland will depend on the nationality of your spouse.

topsnet36
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by topsnet36 » Mon May 24, 2021 2:00 pm

Hi,
Many thanks for your response, she's Dutch but her origin is from Zimbabwe

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Tue May 25, 2021 12:05 am

On your return to Ireland with your valid visa, you should state your intentions to reside with your EU spouse