ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to apply ILR Based on 10 years continuous residence. Which category?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Want to apply ILR Based on 10 years continuous residence. Which category?

Post by Djsuccess » Thu May 20, 2021 10:17 pm

Divu wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 3:50 pm
Hi Friends. Anyone have an idea on UKVCAS next day application status?
You might need to look for other cities in case you can't find a next day appointment where you are.
And just to add to your earlier question, although you can apply for ILR Long residence later, you must be in possession of a valid visa at all times and at the time of application. In short, your visa must not expire before you apply for ILR otherwise, you risk losing all ten years. And as you have been told, you cannot apply for ILR outside UK and you cannot travel until you have received your ILR approval. if you travel while your ILR application is been consider, the application will be nullified.

Your option is to apply for ILR with Super Priority and then try to get UKVCAS appointment quickly. You can consider Glasgow, I remember they used to have slots (pre covid). Otherwise, look at other UKVCAS centres and be ready to travel to the next available centre.
All the best
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Divu

Post by Divu » Fri May 21, 2021 6:54 am

Djsuccess wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:17 pm
Divu wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 3:50 pm
Hi Friends. Anyone have an idea on UKVCAS next day application status?
You might need to look for other cities in case you can't find a next day appointment where you are.
And just to add to your earlier question, although you can apply for ILR Long residence later, you must be in possession of a valid visa at all times and at the time of application. In short, your visa must not expire before you apply for ILR otherwise, you risk losing all ten years. And as you have been told, you cannot apply for ILR outside UK and you cannot travel until you have received your ILR approval. if you travel while your ILR application is been consider, the application will be nullified.

Your option is to apply for ILR with Super Priority and then try to get UKVCAS appointment quickly. You can consider Glasgow, I remember they used to have slots (pre covid). Otherwise, look at other UKVCAS centres and be ready to travel to the next available centre.
All the best
I cannot thank you enough for this response! Thank you so much! With this situation being really bad at home, it's such an odd situation to be in. But I hope I can get through it quickly before any emergency strikes.

Divu

Post by Divu » Fri May 21, 2021 6:55 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:25 pm
If that is what you are relying on to fulfil the English Requirements, obviously you need to scan and submit a copy with the documentary evidence.
Thank You @CULLINAN

Divu

Post by Divu » Sun May 23, 2021 6:02 pm

Hello Friends! I just managed to finish my SET(LR) application but I cannot see the super-priority option appear even though this page says so. https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk

Am I right in thinking, I just need to try at midnight and hope for the slots to open?

I read on some other thread that only eligible visas can get it. Just a bit concerned if I have understood this right. Any reassurance will be greatly appreciated!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 23, 2021 6:30 pm

Am I right in thinking, I just need to try at midnight and hope for the slots to open?
Yes keep trying after 1AM BST (or 12AM GMT).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Divu

Post by Divu » Sun May 23, 2021 7:09 pm

@ CULLINAN!! Thank You, will do.

Divu

Post by Divu » Mon May 24, 2021 9:22 am

Hello, forum friends! You are all amazing. I don't think I would have done this if it wasn't for this forum. I got my super-priority booked and I also got a Biometrics in the next couple of days :D :D Can't thank you all enough.

Just one more question for reassurance, the document list is asking for my husband's passport, marriage certificate and 2 yrs of cohabitation evidence. Reading from other thread, I am understanding this might not be necessary for SET LR, but I am still super nervous. There was this one line, which does says, "if you need more clarification on documents then check your relevant guidance".

And UKVCAS, says you have to upload your mandatory documents if not your application will be rejected. But the mandatory section is actually empty. :!:

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 24, 2021 11:46 am

Forget about the mandatory section. Just upload documents in the optional categories. This is how the website is designed.
You do not need relationship documents for SET(LR).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

vizlax1
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by vizlax1 » Mon May 24, 2021 5:33 pm

Hi Divu, May I check what time you were able to book the super priority? I have been trying for the last 10 days after 1am UK time with no luck, refreshing every couple of minutes. Am trying to apply for my partners ILR SET (O).

I wonder if some slots open for Certain categories and not others. Thanks!

Divu

Post by Divu » Mon May 24, 2021 6:50 pm

Hi vizlax1. I tried exactly at 1 am and the option appeared. Hopefully, admins might be able to help you.

Divu

Post by Divu » Tue May 25, 2021 3:59 pm

Hello friends! A really minor detail and I would really appreciate your help. Just uploading my docs on UKVCAS portal. For Consent forms, only part 1 is applicable for me so I have signed it. Part 2 and 3, can I write 'not applicable' and still upload them anyway?

Just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 25, 2021 4:03 pm

Only use part one and ignore part 2 and 3
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Divu

Post by Divu » Tue May 25, 2021 4:12 pm

Thanks, Zimba! Feels so odd that we have minimal document upload for this compared to my past visas where my entire room is filled with papers :lol: Offcourse thankful nevertheless

This is all I am uploading. Hope I haven't missed anything obvious!

1.Home office Declaration form
2.Current Passport
3.Old passport
4.Biometric
5.UK Degree certificate for English knowledge

Divu

Post by Divu » Wed May 26, 2021 9:25 am

Just coming back from my biometric and they did ask me to submit all the cohabitation evidence, marriage certificate, husband's passport. I told them that I was under the assumption it wasn't required for SET LR. But the lady insisted to submit them as they are on the document list. So we are doing a delayed submission giving me time to upload these docs. Anyone had a similar experience?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 26, 2021 10:00 am

None of them are required.

The ukcvas staff are NOT ukvi caseworkers and are poorly trained.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 26, 2021 11:09 am

Divu wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 9:25 am
Just coming back from my biometric and they did ask me to submit all the cohabitation evidence, marriage certificate, husband's passport. I told them that I was under the assumption it wasn't required for SET LR. But the lady insisted to submit them as they are on the document list. So we are doing a delayed submission giving me time to upload these docs. Anyone had a similar experience?
This has been repeated numerous times that SET(LR) document list is inaccurate and UKVCAS staff are not trained on immigration matters. They simply follow a list. You should have asked for your application to be submitted. This delays your ILR further
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Divu

Post by Divu » Thu May 27, 2021 2:21 pm

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU IN THIS FORUM!!!

I just got my ILR approved! I wouldn't have known to do most of the things, if it wasn't for you guys! I am super grateful. Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to respond to me.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu May 27, 2021 2:52 pm

Divu wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:21 pm
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU IN THIS FORUM!!!

I just got my ILR approved! I wouldn't have known to do most of the things, if it wasn't for you guys! I am super grateful. Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to respond to me.
congratulations!
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Divu

Post by Divu » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:51 pm

Hi Friends. I have just had my nightmare come true. There is an emergency and I need to travel back home for my mum, but I haven't got my BRP yet! Its only been 3 working days, as I got my result on Thursday.

What are my options? Anyone who has any idea would really appreciate it.

Divu

Post by Divu » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:43 pm

I am on call with homeoffice on 35 min waiting :-( still no response.

Does this below option work?

Leave the UK
If you need to leave and re-enter the UK before you get your BRP, apply for a ‘replacement BRP visa’. This will let you re-enter the UK once only. It costs £154.

When you apply, you’ll need to:

choose the country you’re going to provide your fingerprints and photo in
confirm that you can travel to a visa application centre
Apply for a replacement BRP visa.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:40 pm

Divu wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:51 pm
Hi Friends. I have just had my nightmare come true. There is an emergency and I need to travel back home for my mum, but I haven't got my BRP yet! Its only been 3 working days, as I got my result on Thursday.

What are my options? Anyone who has any idea would really appreciate it.
You can apply for a BRP replacement visa from outside the UK

Divu

Post by Divu » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:49 pm

Thanks Zimba!