ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements must be on headed paper - internet printouts will not be accepted

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mmssaa
India

Queries regarding Employment Visa

Post by mmssaa » Mon May 24, 2021 11:54 am

Hi there,

Regarding: Employment Visa to enter Ireland

My Critical Skills Employment Permit is valid from April 2020 to April 2022. Due to covid issues last year, my employer lost a few major clients and told me not to apply for the Employment Visa. I have informed the Employment Permit team about the delay in my start date.

Now, after a year, my employer asked me to apply for an Employment Visa. But, as you might have noticed, my Employment Permit is valid only till April 2022, which is like 10 months from now.

Can you please tell me if it is a good idea to apply for the Employment Visa with the Employment Permit issued in April 2020 and has a validity of just 10 months from now?
or
Should I ask my employer to apply for a new Critical Skills Employment Permit?

Thanks a ton in advance for the help.

mmssaa
India

Is it required that I need to apply Employment Visa from my Home Country?

Post by mmssaa » Mon May 24, 2021 11:57 am

Hi there,

I am an Indian citizen, currently working in the UK.

Can I apply for the Irish Employment Visa from the UK or do I have to apply from India? (I thought I can from the UK but some sources say that I need to apply from India)

Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

mmssaa
India

Re: Is it required that I need to apply Employment Visa from my Home Country?

Post by mmssaa » Mon May 24, 2021 9:48 pm

Hi there,

I got the answer to my second question that I can apply for the Employment Visa from any country where I am a legal resident.

Can anyone please respond to my 1st/below question, please?

Can you please tell me if it is a good idea to apply for the Employment Visa with the Employment Permit issued in April 2020 and has a validity of just 10 months from now?
or
Should I ask my employer to apply for a new Critical Skills Employment Permit?

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Mon May 24, 2021 11:27 pm

Hi,

If you will use the existing permit there is no issue for the period of permit validity. The new permit is actually not for free and obtain it just by wish is probably not a really good idea for employer.
Unfortunately you will not be qualified for stamp 4 at the end of this permit, as 21 month rule will not be meet. Your employer should apply for another permit at the end of this one to extend your stay in Ireland.

mmssaa
India

Post by mmssaa » Tue May 25, 2021 3:00 am

Hi @avta

Thanks for your reply. Clearly understood.

One last question:
Within how many days I must travel to Ireland once an employment visa is granted?

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Tue May 25, 2021 10:11 am

Hi,
They will normally issue the single entry visa D, valid for 30 days. It means that you will have 30 days window for the first entry. The GNIB officer at the
port of entry will normally give you the entry stamp "for purpose of registration" for another 30 days from entry date. You will have than to register yourself in INIS or garda to receive the IRP card.

mmssaa
India

Post by mmssaa » Tue May 25, 2021 10:47 am

Hi @avta,

I have a situation that I can't start working with my Irish Employer until mid-August, but I can apply for Irish Employment Visa now.

Can I do something like this?
Travel to Ireland immediately after getting Employment Visa by mid-june ⮕ Stay there for a month and get the IRP card (note: I am not starting employment with my Irish Employer at this time) ⮕ Come back to the UK and stay for a month ⮕ Travel back to Ireland and then start working with my new employer

Basically, I wanted to know if I can get the IRP card without starting employment with my Irish Employer?

Much appreciated for answering all my queries. Thank you so much.

mmssaa
India

Bank statements must be on headed paper - internet printouts will not be accepted

Post by mmssaa » Thu May 27, 2021 7:49 pm

Hi there,

On http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Em ... mits%20etc.), I see the following - "Bank statements must be on headed paper - internet printouts will not be accepted."

I am a bit confused with the terms "headed paper & internet printouts".

Usually, I log in to internet banking and download my bank statement and take printouts. Isn't that sufficient?

Can anyone please help me with this? Much appreciated.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Bank statements must be on headed paper - internet printouts will not be accepted

Post by littlerr » Thu May 27, 2021 9:21 pm

Your link is invalid.

But yes, if you *download* your bank statements from your internet banking and print them off, they are valid.

'Internet printouts' mean that you just print off a list of transaction details from your recent transaction history. Many banks allow you to export your transaction details to a spreadsheet.