ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Visa Switching Questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Raym
Newly Registered
United States of America

Skilled Worker Visa Switching Questions

Post by Raym » Mon May 24, 2021 10:39 am

Hi all,

I'm currently sponsored on a Tier 2 visa at my company and live in the UK. I've recently signed an offer of employment and I have a few questions.

1. My dependents visa are valid until 01-Mar-2022. Do they need to apply again or only myself because their visa will still be valid until the expiry date?

2. When is the best time time resign? Do I need to wait until the new visa approval or can apply after submit the application?

3.What will happen to the IHS already payed?

Thanks in Advance

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Skilled Worker Visa Switching Questions

Post by lolo2 » Mon May 24, 2021 4:40 pm

Raym wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:39 am
Hi all,

I'm currently sponsored on a Tier 2 visa at my company and live in the UK. I've recently signed an offer of employment and I have a few questions.

1. My dependents visa are valid until 01-Mar-2022. Do they need to apply again or only myself because their visa will still be valid until the expiry date?

2. When is the best time time resign? Do I need to wait until the new visa approval or can apply after submit the application?

3.What will happen to the IHS already payed?

Thanks in Advance
1. From the official website: Skilled Worker visa, it can be read:

"If you cannot apply at the same time, your partner or child can apply to extend or switch their visas at a later date. This must be before their current visa expires".

2. This seems to be a personal decision. Some people have resigned even before applying for the new visa without too much worry. I would hand over a resignation after receipt of the email from the HO confirming that my application has been successful, for peace of mind.

3. You need to pay for IHS again. However, a pro rata refund will be given to you for the time remaining in your current leave.

Raym
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Skilled Worker Visa Switching Questions

Post by Raym » Tue May 25, 2021 7:51 pm

Thank you