ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jay7991
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Dependant Visa Tier 4

Post by Jay7991 » Thu May 27, 2021 12:01 am

I apologize to the moderators if this has already been answered before and I am posting in the wrong thread.
I am a Level 7 student with my visa expiring in Jan 2022. I want to invite my wife. Currently, I have decided that we will get out Nikkah done online and she will get her documents (passport, tb test etc) ready. Then when I apply and get the visa I will go and bring her here. Now I have following questions;
1) is there any ruling regarding online Nikkah in tier 4 dependant visa?

2) my plan is to bring her in September that means i would have 4 months of visa left, i hope the timeline of expiry would have no concern, please advise.

3) my plan is to get psw which is why im inviting her while im on student visa, would it be okay to declare in the cover letter that i plan on availing psw while applying for her application?

4) any other points you guys think need my attention, please advise.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Dependant Visa Tier 4

Post by sah10406 » Thu May 27, 2021 8:20 am

Jay7991 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:01 am
1) is there any ruling regarding online Nikkah in tier 4 dependant visa?
Nothing specific, only that they must be your spouse.
Jay7991 wrote:
2) my plan is to bring her in September that means i would have 4 months of visa left, i hope the timeline of expiry would have no concern, please advise.
Whether you can bring a dependant depends on the length and level of your course, not on what time you have left on your Student permission. See https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... Dependants
Jay7991 wrote:
3) my plan is to get psw which is why im inviting her while im on student visa, would it be okay to declare in the cover letter that i plan on availing psw while applying for her application?
A UK visa does not have a cover letter, so it is irrelevant.

For individual advice, I advise speaking to the international student adviser at your university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Jay7991
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Dependant Visa Tier 4

Post by Jay7991 » Thu May 27, 2021 10:54 am

Thank you for your reply.
My course started in 8 Feb 2021 and is dur to complete on 2 November 2021.