ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - Request For Documents Already Sent

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

da_dublin
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship - Request For Documents Already Sent

Post by da_dublin » Thu May 27, 2021 7:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Very frustrated with this and hope you all can provide some insight.

I applied for citizenship (5+ years residence, non-EU) in February.

Including work travel I have been away 6+ weeks a few years, so I answered 'yes' to question 5.6. I also attached a cover letter with summary of days traveled, employer letter verifying work travel, and a complete spreadsheet itemizing every day spent outside Ireland.

Yet, 3 months later in May, I received a letter asking for the attachments that I had already sent. These attachments were physically attached to the form so this is quite frustrating.

What do you all advise beyond simply re-mailing the attachments? Anyone else have experience with this or the general issue of being asked for documents already sent?

Thanks!

iceice304
Ireland

Re: Citizenship - Request For Documents Already Sent

Post by iceice304 » Fri May 28, 2021 6:05 am

This is not unusual thing from them. They can ask the same document and once you provide them after few months they can again ask the same thing. I can’t get the sense behind this but have seen this with many applicants. In this case if they are My suggestion is that you need to provide same explanation/document you sent with your application. Write a cover letter with it. You can’t do much more than this. Later on they may ask you to provide evidence for a particular year. So then the provide the same evidence for that particular year. Don’t forget to send all these by registered post.
We will never get the thought process behind the working nature of this department. They are slow, most of the times unreasonable and times not realistic.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri May 28, 2021 7:54 am

@da_dublin Tell me about it. Its so annoying to be asked the same document when we already promptly sent it.

I was asked for my original passport this month again though I enclosed it when I submitted my application December last year. Took 3 months for them to return it. I was concerned when I would get my Passport when they requested it again this month. Luckily I got it back within a week.

Not sure if they misplaced the photocopy of Passport Biometrics page I sent originally. Anyways no clue what their workflow is but unfortunately we don't have a choice than to resend them.

Lets hope they don't ask for the same documents again but I won't be surprised if they ask again.

da_dublin
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by da_dublin » Fri May 28, 2021 9:08 am

Thanks guys! That is a relief to know that it is common and that I just need to resend the same documents.

Has anyone tried emailing or calling them?

I will send an email with a scan of my registered post and documents this time. Now that I think about it, I should have done that the first time.