ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what issues one might face after getting Skilled Worker Visa and later deciding not to join that organization?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mmssaa
India

what issues one might face after getting Skilled Worker Visa and later deciding not to join that organization?

Post by mmssaa » Sat May 29, 2021 5:10 pm

Hi there,

What would happen where someone accepts a job offer in the UK, receives a skilled worker visa, and later decides not to join that organization?

I would like to know what issues one might face in this situation? Should the employee be forced to return the COS + Visa fees? Will there be any legal issues the employee might face?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by mmssaa on Sat May 29, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: what issues the employee might face after getting Skilled Worker Visa and later deciding not to join that organizati

Post by CR001 » Sat May 29, 2021 5:13 pm

What has to be repaid to a sponsor is entirely based on what the employment terms are. This has nothing to do with the immigration rules.

If you don't take up employment, the visa will be cancelled and you could be left with no legal status in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmssaa
India

Re: what issues the employee might face after getting Skilled Worker Visa and later deciding not to join that organizati

Post by mmssaa » Sat May 29, 2021 5:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 5:13 pm
If you don't take up employment, the visa will be cancelled and you could be left with no legal status in the UK.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Since the visa would be cancelled, will it have any impact when applying for the skilled worker visa in the future through another employer?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: what issues one might face after getting Skilled Worker Visa and later deciding not to join that organization?

Post by CR001 » Sat May 29, 2021 5:41 pm

No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.