ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to UK for PSW visa application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eonu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Returning to UK for PSW visa application

Post by eonu » Sat May 29, 2021 7:32 pm

Hi,

I'm currently doing my masters studies (started Sept 2020, ends at the end of August 2021), and I'm looking into applying for the new post-study work visa.

I finished my undergraduate studies at the same university in May 2020, and applied for a new Tier 4 visa within the UK to begin my masters studies. I received my BRP just fine, and did most of the first semester in the UK, but the travelled to my home country in November and have since been studying remotely from there.

The problem is that for the new post-study work visa, we are required to return to the UK by a certain date in order to apply. That date depends on a few things, but I believe I fall under the following category according to the guidance:

I don't know if I'm reading too much into the wording, but could it be a problem that I never technically travelled to the UK with my new BRP (since I obtained it within UK, and have not yet 'entered' the country with it)?

I'm just a bit worried because if I don't fit into this category, it means that I need to travel to the UK by June 21st (very soon), which might not be possible because of travel restrictions.

I have already asked my university's immigration advisor, and they seem quite confident that UKVI wouldn't deliberately want to exclude someone who was in my position, but anyway, they contacted UKVI on my behalf and I'm currently waiting for a response. I'm just wondering if anyone had a second opinion.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Returning to UK for PSW visa application

Post by sah10406 » Sun May 30, 2021 9:25 am

eonu wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:32 pm
I don't know if I'm reading too much into the wording, but could it be a problem that I never technically travelled to the UK with my new BRP (since I obtained it within UK, and have not yet 'entered' the country with it)?
No. You are indeed reading too much into the wording.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

eonu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Re: Returning to UK for PSW visa application

Post by eonu » Mon May 31, 2021 10:39 am

sah10406 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 9:25 am
eonu wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:32 pm
No. You are indeed reading too much into the wording.
Thanks, I thought so. Just always feel like UKVI can be overly strict with these kinds of things.