ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does sponsor certifying maintenance apply to dependents even if they are travelling separately?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilbass2309
Newly Registered
India

Does sponsor certifying maintenance apply to dependents even if they are travelling separately?

Post by ilbass2309 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:01 pm

I moved to the UK on a PBS Skilled worker visa two months ago, and my wife will be joining me very shortly. Today, when we were going through my CoS, I noticed that it mentioned a "Y" in front of "Tick to certify maintenance for migrant (and dependents if applicable). I knew that they had certified my maintenance, but I wasn't aware that it applied to my wife too. However, does this stay valid if my wife is applying over 3 months after my application? If not, would I need to provide bank statements - and do they need to be UK banks or can be submit statements from her local bank in our home country. Thanks :)

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Does sponsor certifying maintenance apply to dependents even if they are travelling separately?

Post by manci » Sun May 30, 2021 3:49 pm

The sponsor's certification of maintenance in the CoS covers both you and your dependants irrespective of when the dependants travel to the UK. No further documents needed for your dependants.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice