ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working for 2 jobs while in ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

moal11

Working for 2 jobs while in ILR

Post by moal11 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:58 pm

Dear All,
Just a question to raise, I am currently on ILR. However, I am working currently on a full-time job and was looking for a part-time role in-addition to that (as I am the only source of income for the family). Does that will affect my application when applying to citizenship? Also, do I need to inform the HMRC if I got the part-time role? Do I need to inform the UKVI when applying to citizenship by that as well?

P.S. Each of these jobs salary are over 24k.

Regards,
Moal

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Working for 2 jobs while in ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:15 pm

moal11 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:58 pm
Dear All,
Just a question to raise, I am currently on ILR. However, I am working currently on a full-time job and was looking for a part-time role in-addition to that (as I am the only source of income for the family). Does that will affect my application when applying to citizenship? Also, do I need to inform the HMRC if I got the part-time role? Do I need to inform the UKVI when applying to citizenship by that as well?

P.S. Each of these jobs salary are over 24k.

Regards,
Moal
Employment has nothing to do with Nationality application.
Number of jobs does not matter. Even if you are unemployed, does not matter.

What matters is that your tax issues are accurate and you pay the required tax to HMRC.

You will have to notify HMRC about the second job and your tax will go up if you have already exhausted your free allowance etc/depending on tax brackets etc.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

moal11

Post by moal11 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:24 pm

Thanks for quick response Cullinan. The second employer by default should/will contact them. Do you recommend me to notify them as well?

Regards,
Moal

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:32 pm

Usually the new employer asks you to submit a P46 form so they can use the correct tax code. You should notify them. They will notify HMRC. But in the end it is your own responsibility to pay the right amount of tax to HMRC.

The new employer will use your NI number anyways. If HMRC detects any tax discrepancies, they will write to you.

As long you notify your new employer and they use the correct tax code and notify HMRC, no issues. You can do as many jobs you like.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

moal11

Post by moal11 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:48 pm

Thanks for that king Cullinan.

Regards,
Moal

moal11

Post by moal11 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:28 am

Hi All,
Just a question, As I am on ILR (after tier 2) and I will apply for the BC after 4 months. If I setup now a limited company beside my full time employment. Is there any document I need to submit for UKVI when I apply for BC regarding the company I set it up?

Many thanks...

Regards,
Moal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:42 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.