ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Visa travel restriction

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rahulsrivastv
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Visa travel restriction

Post by rahulsrivastv » Sun May 30, 2021 7:33 pm

Hello,

Can anyone please guide me for my queries under Tier 2 General Visa?
(I understand this Visa got replaced with Skilled Worker visa however I assume my old Visa rule will still be applicable)
1) How may days I am allowed to stay outside UK
2) I have read somewhere its 180 days in a year is it a calendar year from Jan -Dec or is it from the date my Visa got approved / Visa Start Date.
3) Does this rule have any exception in current Covid 19 period and delay because of lockdown from different nation. (UK travel restriction)

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 General Visa travel restriction

Post by zimba » Mon May 31, 2021 12:46 am

The skilled worker rules do not impose any travel or absence restrictions on you at all. The 180 days absence limit is simply one of the requirements for getting ILR under this route. You aren't forced to stay in the UK. You must only maintain residence if you want to be eligible to settle in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... led-worker
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rahulsrivastv
Newly Registered

Post by rahulsrivastv » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:45 pm

thanks Zimba!

Can you also please clarify the 180 days in a year, is it a calendar year or Visa start date year.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:08 pm

None. The absence limit is 180 days in any 365 days period (rolling basis)
The rolling basis calculation means: No more than 180 days’ absences are allowed in ANY consecutive 12-month period
So in theory, if you choose any RANDOM date within the 5 year period and add 12 months to that date, that is your 12-month consecutive period and you should not have more than 180 days of absence in that period.

e.g. Let's choose a date: 02/07/2020.
Your consecutive period will be from that date to 01/07/2021. In this period you cannot have more than 180 days of absence. and so on ..
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice