ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

european family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aydayodeji
Newly Registered
Nigeria

european family permit

Post by aydayodeji » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:18 pm

I recently did my biometrics in lagos on 20th of may and I got an acknowledgement mail on saturday, the mail also state that the visa wont be valid after 30th. pls what should i do if my visa isn't ready before the said date

manci
Respected Guru

Re: european family permit

Post by manci » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:46 pm

Could you not have applied for a EUSS Family Permit rather than an EEA Family Permit?

You may be able to apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit to come to the UK after 30 June 2021. (processing time given by the HO as 15 working days)

Check eligibility here:
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

aydayodeji
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: european family permit

Post by aydayodeji » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:00 am

that was the instruction from the site '' If you’re not from the EU, EEA or Switzerland, you can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme from outside the UK if you hold a relevant UK document, for example:

a residence card
a permanent residence card
a derivative residence card
Otherwise, you will need to apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit to come to the UK. Once you’re in the UK you can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.''