ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship delays: FOI and an application for an Order for Mandamus via the High Courts

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Re: Citizenship delays: FOI and an application for an Order for Mandamus via the High Courts

Post by fuzzbizz » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:45 am

Mine came from CMU 2

Smilemee wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:34 am
fuzzbizz wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:50 pm
SamH wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:46 pm
@fuzzbizz

I see from the "2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only" thread that you've included "Garda e-vetting form: 17/05/2021" on your timeline.

Is this a form you received? I was under the impression that this is a new step that would only apply to more recent applications.

Would be very interesting to get your thoughts on this.

Cheers,
S
Yes, it's a simple 2 page form they sent me in the post. It just asked for a few details and my signature. I applied April 2019.
Hi I have also applied in April 2019 and got the same e vetting form by CMU 6.. can you all guys quote what's update after sending e vetting form and from which CMU did you receive letter for e vetting ?

Smilemee
Ireland

Re: Citizenship delays: FOI and an application for an Order for Mandamus via the High Courts

Post by Smilemee » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:15 pm

fuzzbizz wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:45 am
Mine came from CMU 2

Smilemee wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:34 am
fuzzbizz wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:50 pm
SamH wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:46 pm
@fuzzbizz

I see from the "2019 Citizenship Applications Timelines Only" thread that you've included "Garda e-vetting form: 17/05/2021" on your timeline.

Is this a form you received? I was under the impression that this is a new step that would only apply to more recent applications.

Would be very interesting to get your thoughts on this.

Cheers,
S
Yes, it's a simple 2 page form they sent me in the post. It just asked for a few details and my signature. I applied April 2019.
Hi I have also applied in April 2019 and got the same e vetting form by CMU 6.. can you all guys quote what's update after sending e vetting form and from which CMU did you receive letter for e vetting ?
What happened then. I sent out mine yesterday with signed form for vetting and today I got an email for vetting request online. That's just done and sent back to them by evening.
I got letter requesting vetting yesterday and saying the application is being prepared for Submission and the minister has requested an up to date garda report.

Has somebody got anything like me ? And when you guys have submitted your e vetting? Was it online ? And any news after that ?

KateProk
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by KateProk » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:48 pm

My experience. The entire process from receiving the form by post till INIS accessed the disclosure took 8 working days. The progress can be tracked online. As far as I know there were no new approvals sent recently. But my understanding is that there should be another round of approvals in June.

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Do you think they ate going to give us decision when asked for an up to date garda report?

KateProk
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by KateProk » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:07 pm

Smilemee wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:04 pm
Do you think they ate going to give us decision when asked for an up to date garda report?
I hope so (what else can I do? :)) Additionally, user Chap1122 mentioned in some other thread on this forum that she or he was approved two weeks after the evetting request.

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:00 am

KateProk wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:07 pm
Smilemee wrote:
I hope so (what else can I do? :)) Additionally, user Chap1122 mentioned in some other thread on this forum that she or he was approved two weeks after the evetting request.
That's not true my friend. I know many guys mostly delayed cases are being approved and approval are being given in recent days .. mostly in bulk. Hope we are in queue nor far exceeding June 😁

KateProk
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by KateProk » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:18 am

Smilemee wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:00 am
KateProk wrote:
Smilemee wrote:
That's not true my friend. I know many guys mostly delayed cases are being approved and approval are being given in recent days .. mostly in bulk. Hope we are in queue nor far exceeding June 😁
I just expressed my opinion -- what I think or, better to say, hope for. Obviously I don't know what will actually happen. I prefer to stay on the optimistic side. Hopefully it makes sense.

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:35 pm

KateProk wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:18 am
Smilemee wrote:
KateProk wrote:
Smilemee wrote:
I just expressed my opinion -- what I think or, better to say, hope for. Obviously I don't know what will actually happen. I prefer to stay on the optimistic side. Hopefully it makes sense.
Oh yea I understand but what I had some info I thought to share .. all we can do here to benefit from others opinions and experiences. Good luck .. BTW how long had it been when you sent your e vetting . ?

KateProk
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by KateProk » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:14 am

Smilemee wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:35 pm
KateProk wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:18 am
Smilemee wrote:
KateProk wrote:
Smilemee wrote:
Oh yea I understand but what I had some info I thought to share .. all we can do here to benefit from others opinions and experiences. Good luck .. BTW how long had it been when you sent your e vetting . ?
Yes, I understand, it makes sense. Thank you. We may want to move this discussion to the other thread about evetting. I applied for evetting on May 20.

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:38 pm

Yeah that's great we can more it on .. let me know if you have switched.

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:54 pm

hi

anyone applied to JR has received their final decision ? :roll:
Just wondering if anybody has received their final decision in end of May or June ? :roll:

the Minister said in May.
we will communicate with 1,500 people by the end of June. :shock:

Smilemee
Ireland

Post by Smilemee » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:46 pm

ailA2019 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:54 pm
hi

anyone applied to JR has received their final decision ? :roll:
Just wondering if anybody has received their final decision in end of May or June ? :roll:

the Minister said in May.
we will communicate with 1,500 people by the end of June. :shock:
By communicating she may mean she will grant 1500 applications.

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

Post by Chap1122 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:25 pm

KateProk wrote:
Smilemee wrote:
That's true

Dodi412
Ireland

Post by Dodi412 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 pm

Chap1122 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:25 pm
KateProk wrote:
Smilemee wrote:
That's true
Congratulations Chap1122
Can i ask did you get an email or anything after signing up the e vetting form? Or you got an approval straight away?

cobh_18
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by cobh_18 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:23 pm

Has anybody went to a solicitor to proceed with a Judicial Review and received the response of waiting for 12 weeks?
Share your story below, as it looks like they are giving the same response to everybody these days:

ireland/judicial-review-letter-response-t317768.html

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:44 pm

I received FOI decision yesterday. The last time Garda vetting done was in June 2020. Nothing else done since then. Hopefully they will do something after this FOI decision I got yesterday.

Joogoduniya
Pakistan

Post by Joogoduniya » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:23 am

cobh_18 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:23 pm
Has anybody went to a solicitor to proceed with a Judicial Review and received the response of waiting for 12 weeks?
Share your story below, as it looks like they are giving the same response to everybody these days:

ireland/judicial-review-letter-response-t317768.html
Yes, I sent JR warning letter through my solicitor 6 weeks ago and got the same reply about 12 weeks time requested by Citizenship team. My solicitor advised me to wait for 12 weeks. I've entered in 5th week time but no news yet.

Saab313
Ireland

Post by Saab313 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:37 am

Hi
Very Close friend applied Judicial Review through his solicitor after 14 days Notice no reply for Citizenship,
Now last week they apply Judicial Review and Court said to department give them response in six week.

So my question is did Citizenship department can asked more time even Court gave them 6 week to decide?
Or Citizenship department are bound to make decisions in six week.
Any idea ??

Shell90
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Shell90 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:45 am

Hi I threatened department with JR and I got this reply

Please note that your application for naturalisation has been submitted to
the Minister for a decision. If further documentation and/or clarification
of any matter related to your application is required from you, we will
write to you requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a letter in due
course informing you of the Minister’s decision on your application.
Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4

Any idea guys Should I wait or should I go head with JR ....

Joogoduniya
Pakistan

Post by Joogoduniya » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:32 am

Hi there,

It is better to wait as department already mentioned that your application has been submitted for decision. Probably, Minister will approve the applications in batches rather than individually.

Joogoduniya
Pakistan

Post by Joogoduniya » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:34 am

Shell90 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:45 am

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4

Hi there,

It is better to wait as department already mentioned that your application has been submitted for decision. Probably, Minister will approve the applications in batches rather than individually.

polarcub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by polarcub » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:39 am

This is a standard response. Some people received this and a year later still didn't get an approval. If you want an approval you need to push a bit harder.

If it was the first threat, your lawyer should now send a second threat to show you are very serious. (I would 100% have a lawyer send these threats not yourself - if you need advice on finding a lawyer I wrote a post in this thread a while back on how to go about that).

The first response I received from the department following the first threat my lawyer had sent was pretty much what you had below - standard copy and paste. After the second threat, the response was a bit more substantial, and shortly after I got an approval in the mail.

Having spoken to a few reputable lawyers about this - The department is receiving quite a lot of threats for a JR right now, they don't have the manpower to deal with it so they send these standard responses (not unusual at all). Lawyers are receiving a lot more requests for JRs as well - they do these routine now. The High Court is overwhelmed by JR cases (almost half are just JR cases and the judge is really annoyed that the Department has allowed this to happen, so that's favourable for you). So you need to show you are serious. Also definitely receive an FOI before making these threats, if you already haven't done so.
Shell90 wrote:

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4

Shell90
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Shell90 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:37 am

polarcub wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:39 am
This is a standard response. Some people received this and a year later still didn't get an approval. If you want an approval you need to push a bit harder.

If it was the first threat, your lawyer should now send a second threat to show you are very serious. (I would 100% have a lawyer send these threats not yourself - if you need advice on finding a lawyer I wrote a post in this thread a while back on how to go about that).

The first response I received from the department following the first threat my lawyer had sent was pretty much what you had below - standard copy and paste. After the second threat, the response was a bit more substantial, and shortly after I got an approval in the mail.

Having spoken to a few reputable lawyers about this - The department is receiving quite a lot of threats for a JR right now, they don't have the manpower to deal with it so they send these standard responses (not unusual at all). Lawyers are receiving a lot more requests for JRs as well - they do these routine now. The High Court is overwhelmed by JR cases (almost half are just JR cases and the judge is really annoyed that the Department has allowed this to happen, so that's favourable for you). So you need to show you are serious. Also definitely receive an FOI before making these threats, if you already haven't done so.
Shell90 wrote:

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4

thanks polarcub .. I already got FOI records .. no issues ..last thing the did with my Application is garda vetting in Jan 2021 that's it ...

Janidushman47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Janidushman47 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:36 pm

Hello Everyone.
I have been waiting my Citizenship approval more than 30 month ,
I only received Acknowledgement letter no further Correspondence most of time got response by email

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible
So I decided to go for Judicial Review .
So my Solicitor send intial Notice for 14 Days if didn't hear so we will go for Judicial Review.
So NO response from Department just copy paste answer your acknowledgement is forwarded to revelent department.
My Solicitor Applied JR in High court which was accepted and Court gave time by End July .

So did Department will make decisions by the end of July or they will asked more time

Any idea ?

Thanks

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:11 am

Janidushman47 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:36 pm
Hello Everyone.
I have been waiting my Citizenship approval more than 30 month ,
I only received Acknowledgement letter no further Correspondence most of time got response by email

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible
So I decided to go for Judicial Review .
So my Solicitor send intial Notice for 14 Days if didn't hear so we will go for Judicial Review.
So NO response from Department just copy paste answer your acknowledgement is forwarded to revelent department.
My Solicitor Applied JR in High court which was accepted and Court gave time by End July .

So did Department will make decisions by the end of July or they will asked more time

Any idea ?

Thanks
How much did you pay solicitor for judicial review?