ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Tier 2 VISA - Change of employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Salz12
Newly Registered
Philippines

General Tier 2 VISA - Change of employer

Post by Salz12 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:20 pm

Hi,

I'm just anxious that i might qualify for the cooling period before starting to work for my new employer. Here are the facts:
1. I'm already working here in UK under general tier 2 VISA
2. My last day of work is June 2, 2021 with my current employer and start date to my next employer is August 16, 2021 (more than 2 months).
3. I already received CoS from my new employer
4. I already finished applying for updated BRP and waiting for decision (I was informed within 8 weeks waiting time).

I read in the UK gov site that i can only stay here in UK for 60 days upon receiving curtailment letter (tho i have not yet received any letter yet). I am just thinking that it might affect the decision? or if i received a curtailment letter i might qualify for a cooling period.

Should i be worried?
Appreciate the insight.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Tier 2 VISA - Change of employer

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:29 pm

You are overthinking and misunderstanding things completely.

1. There is NO cooling off period anymore.

2. You won't receive such a letter if you are still working for your tier 2 sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Salz12
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: General Tier 2 VISA - Change of employer

Post by Salz12 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:29 pm
You are overthinking and misunderstanding things completely.

1. There is NO cooling off period anymore.

2. You won't receive such a letter if you are still working for your tier 2 sponsor.
Thank you for the fast response.

Just want to add a question. What are the considerations of the head office on decision with my application for change in employer VISA? I'm just worried since im thinking if this will have a negative decision, i might have a big problem.

Hoping you will provide an insight on this too.