ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing Documents for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaman246
Newly Registered

Missing Documents for Spouse Visa

Post by zaman246 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:58 pm

Hi,

My wife applied for a spouse visa from Islamabad, Pakistan and I am her sponsor. My wife received a call from VFS in Islamabad advising that the UKVI cannot see the documents that were uploaded.

All documents were definitely uploaded onto the VFS Global Portal and this was confirmed at my wife’s biometrics appointment in Islamabad. So this has really got me confused as to why the documents were not forwarded to UKVI.

I also received an email on the same day from ‘visa info.shefo@fcdo.gov.uk’ advising that the online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. This all occurred on 23rd May 2021.

I then wanted to clarify with UKVI if the documents are with them or not and if they aren’t then how do I reupload or submit the documents in person within the UK. I contacted them via the paid telephone service and the advisor was of no help, she just explained that on the system it just shows the application is submitted and that she can’t access the application to see if documents are present or not. I then used the paid email service hoping that someone with more information might pick up the enquiry. However again I was just getting sent around in circles without them confirming for sure if the documents were uploaded or not.

Eventually, on 1st June I got a final reply from the agent working on my email enquiry. They advised that my case has been escalated and that it can take up to 15 working days for me to receive a reply.

On 2nd June, I received the following email:
Dear XXX

Regarding Visa Application: GWFXXXXXXXXX

UKVI is pleased to confirm receipt of your UK visa application.

We are sending this email because we have not received your supporting documentation.
Please ensure that your supporting documents are submitted within 5 working days of this email.

Your sponsor, agent or representative can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person or by post for a fee. For further details, please refer to Option 3 and 4 in the link below:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/en

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 5 working days your application will be processed based on the information provided in the Visa Application Form.

No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number.

Yours sincerely,

UK Decision Making Centre
So after receiving this email it confirmed to me that the documents are indeed missing. However it does not explain clearly how I can resubmit the documents. It has a link to the VFS Global homepage which is useless. I cannot reupload on VFS Global as the biometrics appointment has gone!

So I used UKVI’s paid telephone service again to get more information on how to resubmit documents within the UK. This time the advisor explained that on the system they can see the case has been escalated on 27th May and they will contact me within 15 working days.

I explained that in the email it says that the documents need to be submitted within 5 working days so I will miss this deadline. She replied it won’t matter as the case is escalated and that when they contact me they ‘should’ tell me how to resubmit. The tone and demeanor of the advisor was so carefree so it has me worried that she might just be giving false information to finish the call quickly.

Can anyone please advise on what I should do? Should I wait the 15 working days and miss the 5 working day deadline mentioned in the email?

Or would you know how I can resubmit the documents, where would I need to go to do so within the UK?

It has been an absolute nightmare trying to get information from UKVI. I would greatly appreciate any help with this as it has got me so worried right now.

PS - Sorry for such a long post! But I wanted to outline the issue in as much detail as possible.

sb01234
Newly Registered

Re: Missing Documents for Spouse Visa

Post by sb01234 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:01 am

Hi,
I'm almost certain the address: 3, 66 Wilson St, London EC2A 2BT (VFS Global London visa services) is open for document submission. That's what they meant by 'various locations'.

I hope it works out for you inshallah.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:06 pm

zaman246 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:58 pm
Should I wait the 15 working days and miss the 5 working day deadline mentioned in the email?
No
Or would you know how I can resubmit the documents, where would I need to go to do so within the UK?
This may be the "further details" they are referring to.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

zaman246
Newly Registered

Post by zaman246 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:56 pm

sb01234 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:01 am
Hi,
I'm almost certain the address: 3, 66 Wilson St, London EC2A 2BT (VFS Global London visa services) is open for document submission. That's what they meant by 'various locations'.

I hope it works out for you inshallah.
Korekt wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:06 pm
zaman246 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:58 pm
Should I wait the 15 working days and miss the 5 working day deadline mentioned in the email?
No
This may be the "further details" they are referring to.
Thank you both so much for your replies. The link provides details on how I can submit the documents and where I can do so, just what I needed to know! I will follow those instructions and hope for the best.

Thanks again for your help, it is greatly appreciated.