ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deadline for applying to retain/preserve post-Brexit residence rights fast approaching in the UK & some other EU states

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

secret.simon

Deadline for applying to retain/preserve post-Brexit residence rights fast approaching in the UK & some other EU states

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:43 pm

The deadline for applying to retain post-Brexit residence rights both in the UK and in some EU member-states is fast approaching on 30th June 2021.

See the image below (PDF) for the specific deadlines of the various countries.

Be aware that for the countries illustrated in non-grey colours, failure to apply for the appropriate documentation by the deadline will lead to the extinguishing of any existing right to reside (including Permanent Residence) in that country.

And lack of documentation may cause significant issues later in the future, especially if you are treated as having overstayed illegally.

If you are an EEA citizen or family member of such a citizen residing in the UK and have not already been grated a status under the EUSS, apply for the EUSS now.

For the rest of the EU, also see this simplified overview of the processes of the various EU member-states.

Credit: Prof. Simon Usherwood of the Open University, former deputy director of the UK in a Changing Europe thinktank.

Implementation of Residence Rights.jpg
Implementation of Residence Rights.jpg (136.94 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Deadline for applying to retain/preserve post-Brexit residence rights fast approaching in the UK & some other EU sta

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:23 am

Thanks @secret.simon!

Relating to the UK:
It's worth noting that ALL EU citizens, their children and their non-EU family members must apply, whether living in the UK for decades or just a year. EU PR cards will expire on 30 June 2021. Exceptions are dual citizens, i.e. holding EU and British citizenship - as British citizens they cannot hold an immigration status.
There are still (too) many EU citizens asking across many forums whether they need to apply, for example if they have the "blue card" or whether their children born in the UK need to apply.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.