ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan Red List

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Pakistan Red List

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:08 pm

As you would know, Turkey went in National Lockdown today till 17 May.

UK is set to announce foreign travel traffic light system sometime early May (maybe with in 10 days). So I would say stay put till UK announces which country will be on red/amber/green lists.

Although, Turkey is one of the hot spot holiday destination for Britons, but the current lockdown in Turkey may change things for Turkey to secure a green light for UK. No one can say for certain, awaiting confirmation from UK govt early May.

I hope things get better around the world and we all can carry on with our lives as normal.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

firestar786

Post by firestar786 » Wed May 05, 2021 8:12 am

Curious to know what people are doing
Thinking of going to turkey first for 11 nights then to UK
Going to cost half.

nollydolly
Newly Registered

Post by nollydolly » Wed May 05, 2021 11:45 am

Is Saudi on the red list? I think they will allow people in from Pakistan on the proviso they have had the vaccine.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 05, 2021 1:37 pm

nollydolly wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:45 am
Is Saudi on the red list? I think they will allow people in from Pakistan on the proviso they have had the vaccine.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/transport-m ... f-covid-19
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 05, 2021 1:39 pm

firestar786 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:12 am
Going to cost half.
UK is set to announce countries in red/amber/green categories hopefully by end of this week. Best to wait for it before making a decision.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 05, 2021 1:47 pm

nollydolly wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:45 am
One shot or both shots required?
firestar786 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:12 am
Going to cost half.
I thought Turkey is in a national lockdown as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 05, 2021 8:55 pm

Covid: Britons fly via Turkey to avoid costly quarantine https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56984057

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 05, 2021 9:21 pm

Tourists are exempt from Turkey’s National lockdown. As long Turkey stays out of UK’s red list, it still can be used for returning to UK.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri May 07, 2021 5:39 pm

As expected, Turkey added on UK’s red list from 12th May 4am.

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Fri May 07, 2021 10:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 5:39 pm
As expected, Turkey added on UK’s red list from 12th May 4am.
Yep! There goes the bank balance 😩

jannmejay
Newly Registered

Post by jannmejay » Sat May 08, 2021 10:47 am

Hi All

Need Help. My wife has received her visa vignette for Spouse visa today - Standar Dependant. Can she travel to the UK while India being on Red List for travel. We dont mind paying for the hotel quarantine but donot know as this is the first time she wil be entering UK, will she be allowed as a resident? As its a visa vignette just to enter and then collect brp. Please help.

Kind regards

Jay

TastyBeans123
Newly Registered

Post by TastyBeans123 » Tue May 25, 2021 12:17 am

Hello,

Is everyones spouse coming direct from Pak? Or is there any other way or route to save them extra thousands? The next announcement is on June 7th if i am correct. Do you think Pak will on Amber or No chance?

kufarooq1

Post by kufarooq1 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:40 pm

I’m anxiously waiting myself for a change in the policy but im afraid it may not be before 27th June when we see a policy change for international travel, if any. That’s the date Govt published for new announcement for international travel. With the rising Covid crisis in India I doubt there will be any shift in the policy for Pakistan despite the fact it’s controlled in Pakistan. Dubai is on the list for months with no sign of coming off the list anytime soon. So I think all south Asian countries will come off together and it all depends on the situation in India. In the end it’s all political and less rational. I may be wrong but that’s my opinion.

nollydolly
Newly Registered

Post by nollydolly » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:07 pm

Amy updates from anyone? Has anyone managed to get a flight and quarantine in hotel? Which route did you take?

Wife has until 23rd August to come to UK.

Which airlines are coming to Birmingham from Pakistan? Even indirect? Turkish Airlines seem to advertise flights but told by someone they are not flying to UK.

Also do we need to get the biometric card before 23rd August? Or can get it later depending on when 10 day hotel quarantine finishes?

nollydolly
Newly Registered

Post by nollydolly » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:25 pm

An update tomorrow on which countries will be on which list.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -list.html

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:54 am

nollydolly wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:07 pm
Amy updates from anyone? Has anyone managed to get a flight and quarantine in hotel? Which route did you take?

Which airlines are coming to Birmingham from Pakistan? Even indirect? Turkish Airlines seem to advertise flights but told by someone they are not flying to UK.

Also do we need to get the biometric card before 23rd August? Or can get it later depending on when 10 day hotel quarantine finishes?
My fiancé arrived today at Heathrow airport and was transferred to a managed quarantine hotel location near to Canary Wharf.
His flight was a direct one, with Virgin Atlantic, Islamabad to Heathrow.
We tried to have him fly from Islamabad (to Istanbul) to Birmingham (via Frankfurt) but Islamabad airport refused him and said he was not allowed to transit via Germany. Which is rubbish because I had researched til the cows came home whether he was allowed or not without a transit visa. As long as he had a UK/US/Canadian visa he is allowed. But they just point blank refused him and said he had to get a direct flight. Luckily we were able to book him the Virgin flight within hours and he travelled less than 24 hours later.

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:04 am

Nadbo wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:54 am

My fiancé arrived today at Heathrow airport and was transferred to a managed quarantine hotel location near to Canary Wharf.
We tried to have him fly from Islamabad (to Istanbul) to Birmingham (via Frankfurt) but Islamabad airport refused him and said he was not allowed to transit via Germany. Which is rubbish because I had researched til the cows came home whether he was allowed or not without a transit visa. As long as he had a UK/US/Canadian visa he is allowed. But they just point blank refused him and said he had to get a direct flight. Luckily we were able to book him the Virgin flight within hours and he travelled less than 24 hours later.
I'm surprised calling for a representative from the embassy hasn't become a norm at pakistani airports. Some absolute cowboy techniques being used there. I hate raising my voice but the 2x I got what I wanted (one was after a claim I would be travelling illegally, so a very serious claim) I had to shout at the staff there, and magically, they found a way.

nollydolly
Newly Registered

Post by nollydolly » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:14 pm

Nadbo wrote:
nollydolly wrote:

Congratulations on getting your fiance over in these tough times.

Can I ask how much the ticket was from Islamabad to Heathrow? Hearing horror stories that ticket prices have sky rocketed for those minority of people who need to travel between Pakistan and UK.

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:16 pm

UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:04 am
Nadbo wrote:

I'm surprised calling for a representative from the embassy hasn't become a norm at pakistani airports. Some absolute cowboy techniques being used there. I hate raising my voice but the 2x I got what I wanted (one was after a claim I would be travelling illegally, so a very serious claim) I had to shout at the staff there, and magically, they found a way.
Absolutely! I was on the phone to him whilst he was there and they kept telling him to put it away, so he’d go to one side and speak to me. I asked him to get them to show where this information is and they just said it’s not anywhere, it’s what I’m telling you! It’s an absolute joke! Luckily I should be able to get most of the money for the tickets refunded.

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:25 pm

nollydolly wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:14 pm
Nadbo wrote:
nollydolly wrote:

Congratulations on getting your fiance over in these tough times.

Can I ask how much the ticket was from Islamabad to Heathrow? Hearing horror stories that ticket prices have sky rocketed for those minority of people who need to travel between Pakistan and UK.
Thank you :)
The prices are ridiculous and half of the flights are being cancelled at the last minute! I booked this ticket as he was on his way back home from the airport early hours of 2nd June. There was a flight going the next day (at this point, less than 24 hours) according to the departures in the Islamabad airport website. So I looked on the Virgin Atlantic site and found a seat for £1239, at this point I was ready to just book it as we’d had enough. For some miraculous reason, when I went to pay a message popped up saying that the cardholder had to be present (which was impossible) and it gave me the choice to continue with payment or cancel. My brother was with me and said that if you book directly with the airline then that is the case, but it should be fine as he had once paid for family tickets on his card and our dad had to return later than the rest, but he provided a signed letter saying he had paid, a ohir of his card and passport. I was a bit wary as the people at the airport would most certainly have an issue with this and my fiancé would again, be refused to board. Then my brother said that you don’t have to have the cardholder if you book through a 3rd party/travel agent. So I looked online and found the same ticket, on xxxx, for £537!! So, of course I immediately booked it and fiancé went home, got a new Covid test done, slept, as he’d been up all night, then got up in the evening, back to the airport and got on the flight. Happy days!

Zairy123
Newly Registered

Post by Zairy123 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:49 pm

Nadbo wrote:
nollydolly wrote:

Hi..

Just a bit confused, does this mean they cannot come on a indirect flight? Eg; Eithad Airways - Dubai?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:30 pm

UAE is also on UK’s red list. Anyone coming through UAE even if via transit will have to hotel quarantine in UK on arrival and pay £1750.

Zairy123
Newly Registered

Post by Zairy123 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:21 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:30 pm
UAE is also on UK’s red list. Anyone coming through UAE even if via transit will have to hotel quarantine in UK on arrival and pay £1750.
Yes that's fine, I was aware of that (about the hotel quarantine) .. thanks but I was asking because of the issue of coming through Germany for "Nadbo's fiancé" - so was wondering if that is the case with every indirect flight .. ?

nollydolly
Newly Registered

Post by nollydolly » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:15 am

Zairy123 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:21 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Yes that's fine, I was aware of that (about the hotel quarantine) .. thanks but I was asking because of the issue of coming through Germany for "Nadbo's fiancé" - so was wondering if that is the case with every indirect flight .. ?
Yeah I was wondering that as well, I don't see what the issue is, surely if they have got a UK visa than why does it matter if they come to UK direct or indirect?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:01 pm

nollydolly wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:15 am
Zairy123 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:21 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Yeah I was wondering that as well, I don't see what the issue is, surely if they have got a UK visa than why does it matter if they come to UK direct or indirect?
Direct or indirect flights have effect on whether isolation at home or quarantine in government approved arrangements depending on which of the lists the departure and Transit countries are on. Note that you need to factor in the requirements of the country(ies) being transited through.