ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amending Start Date on CoS after application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Papaya01
Newly Registered
Australia

Amending Start Date on CoS after application

Post by Papaya01 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:00 pm

I'm in the process of changing employers, and I've been given confusing information about how the start date on the CoS will apply.

I'm currently sponsored on a Tier-2 (General) visa, and my contract with my current employers ends at the end of this month (June). I got the offer for my new job at the end of March, which I thought left me sufficient time to get the Skilled Worker Visa, but there was a lot of delay on getting the CoS.

Now, my new sponsor has finally assigned me a CoS, but they've put the 'start date' of my new job three months from now (at the start of September). Their reasoning is that if the start date is given too early, it would not be 'realistic' since the application process could take too long and then the CoS would be invalid. But that makes no sense to me since then surely my start date would be dictated by the date I get my BRP?

I raised this with my sponsor, and they said they can move the start date earlier if I can get an early biometrics appointment. But from my understanding this should not be possible, since I'd only know when my appointment will be once I've submitted my application.

So my questions are:
1. Is it possible for the sponsor to change the start date (from the one listed on the CoS) after I've booked the biometrics appointment?
2. Are they correct in saying that they must list the start date 'far enough into the future' to take into account the application time (i.e. does the application have to be approved before this date)?
3. Is my understanding correct that, if they assigned a start date (say) 1st of July, but I don't have my BRP by that date, then even if the delay is longer than 28 days my Cos and application are still valid?
4. Given that they've already assigned the CoS, will they be able to amend the date if I haven't yet submitted my application?

Thank you!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Amending Start Date on CoS after application

Post by manci » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:46 pm

The work start date on a Cos with an assigned status can be changed by adding a sponsor note. See p6, How to amend details entered on an assigned CoS:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... r_2017.pdf
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Papaya01
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Amending Start Date on CoS after application

Post by Papaya01 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:26 am

Thank you for replying!

Can I check that they can still make this change even after I'm submitted the application?