ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arriving to UK date vignette expires?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rasted
Newly Registered
Peru

Arriving to UK date vignette expires?

Post by Rasted » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:11 pm

My vignette expires on 28th June 2021. Can I arrive to the UK on 28th, the date it expires, or would that be too late? Assuming I arrive 13:00 local time, so I won’t be in a queue past the midnight hour!

The acceptance letter also states the following:
“You must collect your BRP from the following collection point before your vignette expires, or within 10 days of arriving in the UK, whichever is the later. “

Please clarify this wording: if I arrive on 28th June, that’s the date the vignette expires, does that mean I then have 10 days once I’ve arrived in the UK to collect the BRP?

The letter continues:
“If you are required to quarantine in-line with the UK government guidance, please do not visit your collection point until after your quarantine period has expired. If this takes you beyond your vignette expiry date, your BRP will be held at your collection point for 90 days, from the start date on your vignette, and will be available for collection once you are able to collect. “

The above text is contradictory, as it states the post office will hold the BRP for 90 days, however 90 days is when the vignette expires. So how can one quarantine after the vignette expires if the post office only holds BRP for 90 days?

What I’m trying to understand in general is: if I arrive 28th June, and quarantine is still mandatory, I won’t be able to collect the BRP until 3rd July at the earliest (using the test to release scheme). This is 96 days. Will my BRP be returned by then? What happens if so?

Thank you

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Arriving to UK date vignette expires?

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:10 am

Rasted wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:11 pm
Can I arrive to the UK on 28th, the date it expires
Yes.
Rasted wrote:
if I arrive on 28th June, that’s the date the vignette expires, does that mean I then have 10 days once I’ve arrived in the UK to collect the BRP?
Normally yes, but as you can see, and as you have quote yourself, this deadline is suspended because of the pandemic.
Rasted wrote:
What I’m trying to understand in general is: if I arrive 28th June, and quarantine is still mandatory, I won’t be able to collect the BRP until 3rd July at the earliest (using the test to release scheme). This is 96 days. Will my BRP be returned by then?
No. You are really over-thinking this!

See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

When you arrive in the UK you will not be penalised for being unable to collect your biometric residence permit (BRP) while coronavirus measures are in place.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.