ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[EU Scheme] Big Issue with online status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Euscheme_problem
Newly Registered
Austria

[EU Scheme] Big Issue with online status

Post by Euscheme_problem » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:39 pm

Hi everyone!

I got my EU scheme settled status via letter in September 2019. Since then, I could always log onto the online "prove your status" website to show my status to my employer etc.

I've then decided to change my name, due to marriage, and updated my passport, i.e new passport number. I sent all the documents over to the EU scheme in October 2020, got them back in November 2020 and they confirmed they'll update it all accordingly.

Now since that time, my online status does not work anymore. Anytime I log in with my old passport number it says the details can't be found. When I use my new passport number, it has my telephone and email to send the login approval to, which works. But then the status page says "status can't be found, this is likely due to the application being still in progress".

I've called the EU scheme about this for the first time in January 2021 and they told me that all my details and my settled status are correct on their end and it's an IT issue which they'll forward to their IT team.

It hasn't changed since then. I've been calling every 2-3 weeks (which is a pain as most of the time I get disconnected for "no space in the call queue") and every Monday without fail I get a text message telling me that "we're sorry for the issue with your status, we will notify you once rectified". On the phone they are not helpful, just saying it's an IT issue and they don't have a contact to the IT team so all they can do is raise a ticket and state that I have called.

I am getting a bit concerned now as it's been 3 months with this issue now with no resolution in sight. I am concerned that if I find a job (which I lost due to covid) I'll "fail" the right to work test as I won't be able to produce the code that you're supposed to show the employer.

The settled letter states that this can't be used as proof of the status (which is dumb) so that's more worry for me.

Any clue what I can do about it? Should I lawyer up or call citizens advice?

Thank you!

Euscheme_problem
Newly Registered
Austria

Re: [EU Scheme] Big Issue with online status

Post by Euscheme_problem » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 am

Hi, can anyone help?

I've called a few times since then and they said re-confirmed it's an IT issue and they have my status at hand, but if I need to prove it to someone, they will have to wait on the phone-line with me (which takes usually 1 hour) so they can verify it to them over the phone...

TerryGH
Chile

Post by TerryGH » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:59 pm

I don't think anyone on this forum can help. This issue sounds to be very serious with unknown consequences. If I were you I would take it to my MP and also escalate it to the groups like "the 3 million" or "EU Rights and Brexit Hub".

trustworthy
Ireland

Post by trustworthy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:56 pm

Hy,
I am sorry to know that. I had exactly the same problem. The online verification system was sending me the text message, but afterwards it says status not found. In your case you changed the name but mine was first application, no change of name at all. But now matter is fixed. I sent the continuous email and then raised a complaint. I don't think you will get it done through telephone. Send them in writing as I did. I also advise you not to write rudely. I trust your matter will be resolved within 4 weeks.

Euscheme_problem
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Euscheme_problem » Wed May 05, 2021 8:50 am

Hi guys,

Thank you for the replies.

Multiple calls later and the issue is still not resolved and I don't know where to go or what to do from here on out

@Terry: is it that bad that I should sent a message to my MP? As far as I'm aware I can use my passport until June 30, so I was going to wait until then. Also the groups you mentioned don't seem to deal with those disputes, they just collect the information?

@trustworthy: How did you send an email? The only email I found sends me a standard answer of "Please look here online on how to show status" which leads me nowhere.
Also how do you submit a complaint?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed May 05, 2021 1:42 pm

Euscheme_problem wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:50 am
@Terry: is it that bad that I should sent a message to my MP?
MPs are there to hear the concern of their constituents. It does not have to become a live-or-death situation for you to have the right to escalate to your MP. Many people on this forum have used this route to resolve complex cases where reasonable time has elapsed without an answer from the Home Office.

Also, since you don't seem to have a physical card I'm assuming you are a EU national? Who cannot prove their right to work? Make a scandal, contact The Guardian/The Observer and they will make all the noise possible. See this article (instructions on how to contact them and run your story, at the end of the article).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Euscheme_problem
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Euscheme_problem » Thu May 06, 2021 8:41 am

I've submitted a complaint to UKVI now, let's see where that takes me. If that doesn't work I'll contact my MP as suggested.

@kamoe: Yes, I am an EU national, with no physical card, with settled status that I can't access. However, I was told by the EU Scheme people that until June 30th I should only use my passport to prove my right to work and rent, not my online status. After that deadline, I'll probably contact the newspapers you mentioned.

Euscheme_problem
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Euscheme_problem » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:43 am

To keep everyone updated:

It has now been over 20 working days since my complaint to UKVI. I did not receive any response, so I have now emailed both my MP and the Guardian / Observer problem column.

I hope this will resolve this issue.

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by Davy888 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:02 pm

I hope you get your response ASAP.

Euscheme_problem
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Euscheme_problem » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:50 pm

Wow, I just received a call from my MP. Very bizarre situation - the Home Office is claiming I should've received a biometric residence card - but I'm an EU citizen and as far as I'm aware we don't get those? Only the online status?

I told them this information and they said they'll investigate further and call me back again.
Bizarre? Or am I missing something and we are supposed to receive BRC/BRPs as EU citizens?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:50 pm

Euscheme_problem wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:50 pm
Wow, I just received a call from my MP. Very bizarre situation - the Home Office is claiming I should've received a biometric residence card - but I'm an EU citizen and as far as I'm aware we don't get those? Only the online status?

I told them this information and they said they'll investigate further and call me back again.
Bizarre? Or am I missing something and we are supposed to receive BRC/BRPs as EU citizens?
Unbelievable.

You are right. EU citizens do not receive cards, those are reserved for non-EU family members.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

TerryGH
Chile

Post by TerryGH » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:31 pm

That should be an interesting article, I do hope the Guardian will pick up this story.
Please share a link if they do.

Euscheme_problem
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Euscheme_problem » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:24 pm

Does anyone know how long an MP needs to investigate with the Home Office? I haven't heard anything back from them since Friday, and I might receive a job offer within the next few days that will require me to prove my right to work...
So I'm now concerned about losing the job opportunity due to this.

Should I call my MP back or give him more time?
TerryGH wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:31 pm
That should be an interesting article, I do hope the Guardian will pick up this story.
I did get an email back saying they'll look into it and want to feature it in an article about EU citizens struggling, so we'll see :)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:23 pm

This is absurd. I believe you should call the Guardian or the Independent. They are the only two papers that keep me sane in the UK. Everytime i read the other i fell nauseated and want to puke.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Euscheme_problem
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Euscheme_problem » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:55 am

Big update:

Yesterday evening I called the EUSS Resolution Centre again. After spending 2 hours on the line (which is mentally draining), I got through to someone that seemed really competent.
She immediately liaised with the IT Team and was able to give me their internal incident number, as well as telling me that this ticket has not been touched or updated since January.

That was really shocking to me, but she said that she's spoken with IT and that things should get moving now and she apologized for the delay.

I forwarded the incident number to my MP and lo and behold, I just checked my status and it's there! I can access it again :)

Not sure what's done it, but I think that having the agent speak directly with IT and actually push the ticket has helped. 5 months it was on their desk and they didn't even look at it...

No need to contact the Independent now, might send an email to the guardian to update them that I can now access the status again.

It's a shame that it took so long and so many calls and steps to resolve, but I'm glad that it got resolved in the end.

Thank you to everyone on here as well! You've been a great help!

Euscheme_problem
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Euscheme_problem » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:13 pm

TerryGH wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:31 pm
As requested here's the link, it's part of a bigger article:
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2021/ ... led-status