ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year route visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

simujaet
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

10 year route visa

Post by simujaet » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:32 am

hi all
on behalf of my husband ,recently my husband applied to extend the last leg of his 10yr route visa which meant in 2022 he was able to settle but to our surprise they gave him 5yr spouse visa,can you please help ,what form should we use to contests this or what should we do .he just got received his Biometric card yesterday.Thank you.

secret.simon

Re: 10 year route visa

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:39 pm

You don't need to contest this. If your husband was issued a 5 year FLR(M) visa, he can still apply for ILR (Long Residence) when he completes 10 years of legal residence in the UK in 2022.

ILR(LR) requires 10 years of legal residence on any legal visa, including FLR(M).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

simujaet
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: 10 year route visa

Post by simujaet » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:12 am

hie secret.simon

thank you so much for responding. That's good news.

simujaet