ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport documents to send

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

susiebx
Newly Registered
Kenya

British Passport documents to send

Post by susiebx » Mon May 31, 2021 9:20 am

Hi,

I have got my naturalisation and am now applying for my passport.

I have a question on the documents to send. The website said I should send the passport I first used to come into the UK with. I came to the UK in 2001 at the age of 6 under my mum's passport. Does this mean I have to send her passport along with mine?

Thanks

Susie

Anon123B
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport documents to send

Post by Anon123B » Mon May 31, 2021 5:44 pm

Hi Susiebx,

Two documents are required as part of the application for a British passport. Firstly, your naturalisation certificate. Secondly, the passport you used to enter the UK or that you were included on. For your situation, it seems that you must have been included on your mum's passport to enter the UK on your mum's passport. Hence, it would be better for you to send your mum's passport along with your application as this is what was used.

Kind regards,
Anon123B

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 31, 2021 10:09 pm

susiebx wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 9:20 am
Hi,

I have got my naturalisation and am now applying for my passport.

I have a question on the documents to send. The website said I should send the passport I first used to come into the UK with. I came to the UK in 2001 at the age of 6 under my mum's passport. Does this mean I have to send her passport along with mine?

Thanks

Susie
Your current home country’s passport and Naturalisation certificate are enough.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

PoolX1
Newly Registered

Post by PoolX1 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:53 am

Dear Cullinan,

As per your message above, are we okay to send the current passport only or do we also have to send the expired passports as well? Did you only send your current passport for British Passport application?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:33 pm

PoolX1 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:53 am
Dear Cullinan,

As per your message above, are we okay to send the current passport only or do we also have to send the expired passports as well? Did you only send your current passport for British Passport application?
My personal experience (back in 2016) - I just sent my current passport - no issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:13 pm

PoolX1 wrote:
Dear Cullinan,

I only sent my current Pakistani passport. Got my British passport in Feb 2021. I know many more people who only sent the current passport and no issues.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

PoolX1
Newly Registered

Post by PoolX1 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:13 pm
PoolX1 wrote:

I only sent my current Pakistani passport. Got my British passport in Feb 2021. I know many more people who only sent the current passport and no issues.
Dear Cullinan,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me. I will also send my Current Passport then. The other thing i am really confused about is my address on the passport application.

I applied for naturalisation back in November 2020, and since then i have moved address. I didn't update my address with the home office as they are not so good with updating it and this might have caused further delay in the application. I put a royal mail redirection service in place and i received my ceremony invitation letter at my new address using this service.

I am thinking of putting my new address on the passport application without updating the Home Office. Do you think its a good idea? Do you know if anyone did a similar thing as me and then faced some issues because of this. I do have the access to the old address if really needed but i prefer putting my new address for peace of mind.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:48 pm

You can use any correspondence address for British passport application. It is irrelevant and no need to update HO.
Use your new address.

PS: This is someone else’s topic. Moderators please split user @poolX1’s posts in another topic. Thanks.

yoz_yok
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by yoz_yok » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:58 am

Hello all,
I would like to make application for British passport as i have attended the ceremony recently.
I have some questions and would be happy if someone can help;

1-On the website it says 'Ask someone to confirm your identity' how many people need to confirm your identity do you know 1 or 2 ?
2-After submitting the application which documents we need to send could you please advise ?
3-Do they invite you for an interview always or has anyone received the passport without interview ?

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:01 am

yoz_yok wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:58 am
Hello all,
I would like to make application for British passport as i have attended the ceremony recently.

1-On the website it says 'Ask someone to confirm your identity' how many people need to confirm your identity do you know 1 or 2 ?
Just one person required - you need to provide their email address.
2-After submitting the application which documents we need to send could you please advise ?
Naturalisation certificate and current passport are sufficient - they might also ask for uncancelled (expired) passports.
3-Do they invite you for an interview always or has anyone received the passport without interview ?
Interviews are held at random.

Thank you
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

yoz_yok
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by yoz_yok » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:32 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:01 am
yoz_yok wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:58 am
Hello all,

Just one person required - you need to provide their email address.
Naturalisation certificate and current passport are sufficient - they might also ask for uncancelled (expired) passports.
Interviews are held at random.

Thank you
Thank you for your quick reply alterhase58
My expired passports have been taken away before the new passport given so i assume that would not be any issue
Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:13 pm

Just the current valid passport will be fine, plus certificate of course.