ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DESPERATE FOR ADVICE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sohniya
Newly Registered

DESPERATE FOR ADVICE

Post by Sohniya » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:24 pm

Hi i am very stressed and wished id knew beforehand about oversea divorces and domilciled issue,
Can someone please tell me how i should prove i was present at my divorce plus i was there throughout the period of one year immediately preceding that date.
I dont have tickets as its been so long and my old passport i cant seem to find,
I have 2 documents that confirms the divorce, a statement of ex husband that hes divorcing me and then a letter from mufti.
Ive been divorced since 2008 from kotli pakistan (AK),

Please can someone message me please

Sohniya
Newly Registered

Re: DESPERATE FOR ADVICE

Post by Sohniya » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:56 pm

Anyone in similar situations or anyone please shed some light how i can prove i met the conditions of oversea divorce in 2008

Farheen555
Newly Registered

Post by Farheen555 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:46 am

Hi, im sorry no one has replied,
This suppose to be a helpful site and i have noticed alot of questioned go without replies and its so rude.

If you say its been so long and you cant find any proof you was present i would personally mention everything in the cover letter,
Im sorry i cant help you further and for people just ignoring your posts xx

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:00 pm

Farheen555 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:46 am
Hi, im sorry no one has replied,
This suppose to be a helpful site and i have noticed alot of questioned go without replies and its so rude.

If you say its been so long and you cant find any proof you was present i would personally mention everything in the cover letter,
Im sorry i cant help you further and for people just ignoring your posts xx
Farheen555,

People on here MODs are running it in their own time and giving advice based on their understanding and experience. It is a free resource and people have jobs and other personal obligations to attend to and not on here 24/7 so be nice and get that understanding not writing as if OP deliberately ignored.

If you doubt it's a helpful site then it's your word against thousands of people including my humble self who won't forget the day they encountered this website.

Farheen555
Newly Registered

Post by Farheen555 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:49 pm

Someone should have atleast acknowledged her post, shes posted twice but hey ho and there are people like you now youve decided to comment on what ive wrote,
That itself says alot

Sohniya
Newly Registered

Post by Sohniya » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:00 pm

For many this forum has been very helpful and i personally know those people but someone who hasnt even had a reply like myself not so much so stating facts is not a crime and i dont understand why AmazonianX has decided to comment but anyways
Ive booked myself with a solicitor for advice for the my issue.
Thanks

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:12 pm

People make comments on posts that they have an answer for, and not on ones they don't. Perhaps no one had an answer as to how you could prove whatever you needed to prove, and were not being rude. Plus, as has been pointed out, this is free advice from people who are under no obligation to go find out the answers to questions posed on this board.

But for what it is worth, my answer is, I don't know what you need, does that help? Would a couple of dozen other people answering your question, who don't know the answer, help you?

Sohniya
Newly Registered

Post by Sohniya » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:37 pm

Yes it does help 👏🏽👏🏽

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:09 pm

Farheen555 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:49 pm
Someone should have atleast acknowledged her post, shes posted twice but hey ho and there are people like you now youve decided to comment on what ive wrote,
That itself says alot
As a member of the forum you have acknowledged it, thank you for that. It's an open forum where members help one another out.
Can you clarify what you meant by "people like you".

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:37 pm

Pay an immigration solicitor and gain legal advice.

NaeemAbbas
Pakistan

Post by NaeemAbbas » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:37 pm

This forum has helped me to win my appeal. So I would suggest you people to be patient when you post your questions here. Someone sooner or later will respond to you and that may be far more better than hiring a solicitor who doesn’t know shit most of the time. Only barristers will know about laws. So better respect such a great forum free of cost.

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:45 pm

Forum members, including all of us in the (voluntary) Moderating team are wary of answering a post if unsure of giving the correct advice. This can have serious consequences for the member who has posted the question.

Responding with 'I don't know' to the hundreds of daily posts doesn't really help anyone, in fact the original question gets lost in the thread. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sohniya
Newly Registered

Post by Sohniya » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:01 pm

thanks casa for the raplies and others,
When i got married to my ex in 2009 i was there for a year and a half, my intensions were to live in azad kashmir for the forceeable but fate had other plans,
I was the one who asked for the divorce and it is all documented that i didnt want to continue on the deed, ex husband prepared a document and then was registerd with the concering bodies and was given a a certificate certifying the divorce according to the law.
Because its been so long ive lost the tickets and passport to prove all this domiciled issue as its bare talaq i think.

I didnt mean to cause so much messages going back and forth,
If ive said something i shouldnt have then i apologise

Farheen555
Newly Registered

Post by Farheen555 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:43 am

Hey babe,
I would honestly mention everythin in the cover letter plus its been so long since your divorced like you said if you dont have evidence for any reason there is not much you can do hun, just be honest to the Eco xx

Shahzeb88
BANNED

Post by Shahzeb88 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:33 am

Hi Sohniya,
Like Farheen said, mention everything honestly in a cover letter,
If you have the deed certificate statement from husband plus the registered certificate by tehsil muftis im sure you will be fine,
At the end of the day everything is documented and if it clearly states you were free to marry then i dont see how they will have a problem,
If im wrong please correct me
Goodluck