ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR long residence - documents to upload

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skyebird
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

ILR long residence - documents to upload

Post by skyebird » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:27 am

Hi all,

I applied for my ILR a few weeks ago and have an appointment next week. I'm looking at the documents checklist to upload to UKVCAS and the lists don't match up to my checklist I got when I originally applied. My checklist says:

- passport demonstrating English language
- documents supporting other reasons to stay in the UK
- other passport (I've had 2x in my time in the UK)
- current BRP
- all previous travel cards, passports etc

On my UKVCAS account it's showing no documents in the 'mandatory documents' section, and then the standard options in 'other documents'.

I have 2 questions: 1) what would be a good document to upload for 'supporting other reasons to stay in the UK', I put in the application that I own a home and that my life is here so am assuming a mortgage statement would suffice but not sure anything else needed? 2) is it a problem that my checklist says 1 list and the UKVCAS says no mandatory docs? I'm assuming I should just upload everything and try to fit them into the categories on UKVCAS even though they don't totally match up.

Not sure if there's anything else I should submit to help my application even though it says it's not required...

Thanks so much for any insights!

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR long residence - documents to upload

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:35 pm

You do not need to submit anything for 'other reasons to stay in the UK'.
Simply upload all documents as per this guide: indefinite-leave-to-remain/uploading-yo ... 96002.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

skyebird
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Re: ILR long residence - documents to upload

Post by skyebird » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:28 pm

Thanks Zimba, I've done just that and hope it is enough. I have my appointment tomorrow and have my fingers crossed!