ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - COVID concessions - Financial requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gaboiv
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa- Accommodation sponsor - Council tax Exemption

Post by gaboiv » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:14 pm

Hello all, this is my first post! I've looked through the forum but cant find any answers for my query apologies if it's already been answered.

Im a British citizen who has remained in the UK for a minimum of 3months each year over the last 5years but my work has allowed me to be abroad a lot. I am still registered for taxes, have had all of statements etc sent to my parents home - even though I have not always been physically present.
I am currently applying for a spouse visa for my Korean wife (we have both been in Korea for the last 8months) and wanted to use my parents property for the accommodation part of the application.
My father who receives a working tax credit is currently exempt from paying council tax. Would this hinder our application? We wouldn't be paying any rent either.

Im applying under category F. while filling in VAF4A-Appendix question 2.4 asks:
Is you sponsor in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or >>>>>
Council Tax Benefit?

I myself am not, but my father does have a council tax exemption - how would I answer?
Thank you

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Spouse Visa- Accommodation sponsor - Council tax Exemption

Post by Korekt » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:57 pm

gaboiv wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:14 pm
Im applying under category F. while filling in VAF4A-Appendix question 2.4 asks:
Is you sponsor in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or >>>>>
Council Tax Benefit
?

I myself am not, but my father does have a council tax exemption - how would I answer?
Thank you
If the above is the appendix 2 document, there is no requirement to complete it. The questions are now incorporated into the online form.

In any case, the highlighted question is not referring to your father.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

gaboiv
Newly Registered

Post by gaboiv » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:43 am

Thank you very much, that definitely gives some clarification. For the evidence documentation, which my father has to submit along with his supporting letter, is a council tax letter. If the letter of exemption is submitted, will they look towards the application negatively? As in, my spouse will be staying in a house which isn't at that moment paying council tax? When we move there permanently, that will change inevitably but just wondering how if it would effect the application.
Thanks again :)

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:20 am

gaboiv wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:43 am
If the letter of exemption is submitted, will they look towards the application negatively? As in, my spouse will be staying in a house which isn't at that moment paying council tax?
Are you referring to the council tax bill?

Shouldn't have a negative effect.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

gaboiv
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - COVID concessions - Financial requirement

Post by gaboiv » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:13 am

Hello,

Thanks again everybody for their advice so far has been really insightful. My apologies if this has been talked about already, I just cant find the specifics about using the COVID concession to meet the minimum financial threshold.

I hoping to apply for a spouse visa under category F as a sole trader. My income for the last financial year was £19k but includes £7k from SEISS. - COVID self employment income support scheme. I understand that this can be used to in my application, however:

As I'm applying under cat F. Does that mean I have to show the previous year too to show that my business was effected? The 3 months prior I was actually on unpaid paternity leave, so am not sure if I can rely on the scheme for pulling me over the threshold.

Any advice would be much appreciated :)