ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: indian passport reissue in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SamBB
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Urgent: indian passport reissue in UK

Post by SamBB » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:45 pm

Please help!

Hi, I have finally secured an appointment for the 26th of this month for passport reissue at a london centre.

My passport expired a few months ago, I have been living in the UK for nearly 10 years now and my address on the passport has changed. :( :( :(

I don't have an adhar card and the only thing I can furnish as address proof for the new address is a bank statement (e-statement most likely or a scan) and if required my family at home can get it signed and verified by the bank manager.

The property papers are in my fathers name and all the bills are in his name too.

I have utility bills for my residence in the UK.

Please suggest if this is okay or if I can get my father's bills and a letter stating I'm his daughter and that's the home I visit.

entremetlife
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent: indian passport reissue in UK

Post by entremetlife » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:12 am

Hi SamBB. Were you able to get an answer to this question? I am in the same situation. Thanks

SamBB
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by SamBB » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:18 am

No, nothing but on the vfs uk link
https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/NEW_ ... sport.html

They say for change of address bank statements are good so I'm going to take an e statement.

entremetlife
Newly Registered

Post by entremetlife » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:15 pm

Thanks for the reply SamBB. I hope your problem is sorted and you get your passport renewed soon. I have no documents linking me to my parents address in India so this is going to be fun :| I emailed them few times but they either ignore or give an entirely unrelated answer

SamBB
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by SamBB » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:19 pm

I wonder if there's anything like a lease doc or mortgage doc in their name and a letter from them saying this is our child that could work. I would contact a immigration advisor if I was you, this shouldn't take much of their time to respond.

I don't think everyone will have proof of address, esp if they have lived here for long. There must be a way around. Good luck and I hope your issue resolves soon..

entremetlife
Newly Registered

Post by entremetlife » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:25 pm

Thanks. I am thinking of using our house papers that do have my name on it. Are you submitting original copies of your bank statement? I wonder if the copies have to be signed by a notary. This process is more exhausting than actual visa process haha

SamBB
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by SamBB » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:46 pm

That should work since your name is there, I hope! I'm sure so please do check.

Yes I'm going to print out the statement and take it. Other than that can get the bank manager to sign a copy of the statement saying yes we know this person lives there.

Lol yea idk why the process is so convoluted actually. And on top of everything people aren't getting any appointments, I have waited 7 months to get a response so good luck if you are waiting :roll:

entremetlife
Newly Registered

Post by entremetlife » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:11 pm

It used to be easy! the last time I renewed it in Birmingham, it was super smooth. I have been waiting since January too. They randomly sent me a priority booking which I could not do because it was very short notice and I live quite far from London. When I mentioned this I got a snarky reply :mrgreen: I will keep emailing them everyday though :lol:

Tbh, you will arrive at your appointment and realise that they probably won't even look at your documents in detail.