ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to explain relationship for student visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Meow00002
Newly Registered
India

How to explain relationship for student visa?

Post by Meow00002 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:49 pm

Hi!
I have two sponsors - one my mother in India and the other is my sister in Ireland.
Under the documents required guidelines I saw that I need to explain the relationship between me and them.
How do I prove that they are indeed my sister and my mother ?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: How to explain relationship for student visa?

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:01 pm

Mother - birth certificate.
Sister - you need her residence permits and written confirmation from her that she is your sister, explain how she got the money, how much she is willing to sponsor you, and how she will be able to cover herself with her sponsoring you.

You also need to write your own cover letter to explain the composition of the sponsorship - how much each sponsor is expected to be able to sponsor you.

Meow00002
Newly Registered
India

Post by Meow00002 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:16 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:01 pm
Sister - you need her residence permits and written confirmation from her that she is your sister, explain how she got the money, how much she is willing to sponsor you, and how she will be able to cover herself with her sponsoring you.

You also need to write your own cover letter to explain the composition of the sponsorship - how much each sponsor is expected to be able to sponsor you.
By a written confirmation do you mean a proper court wise affidavit?

Meow00002
Newly Registered
India

Post by Meow00002 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:20 pm

littlerr wrote:

Also should the written cvs and written confirmations be notarized?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:40 pm

Please follow the instruction from your local embassy. Some embassies require certain documents to be notarised while others don't.

If you can obtain your sister's birth certificate which shows the same parentage details, you should be covered.

If you apply from India, you should be required to use the mandatory VFS Check and Verify services when you submit your documents, and they should be able to tell you whether the documents you submitted are acceptable.

Meow00002
Newly Registered
India

Post by Meow00002 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:46 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:40 pm
Please follow the instruction from your local embassy. Some embassies require certain documents to be notarised while others don't.

If you can obtain your sister's birth certificate which shows the same parentage details, you should be covered.

If you apply from India, you should be required to use the mandatory VFS Check and Verify services when you submit your documents, and they should be able to tell you whether the documents you submitted are acceptable.
Well ...that's one of the issues tbh.
Our mom's name is different on the birth certificate (the last name is different ).
Is there something else that I can submit instead?

Meow00002
Newly Registered
India

Post by Meow00002 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:54 pm

littlerr wrote:

You mentioned the letter yes? Will that be enough?

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:36 pm

I clarify my family members relation for visitors visa many times already. You have to clearly put all the genealogy in between in form of birth and marriage certificates copy and put the explanation letter to describe. One time we didn't have one of the original cert document, due to difficult family issue, but grandparent just create the notary letter that he is confirm that the named person is his grandchild. That one, accompanying others original documents was enough for embassy to confirm the family relationships in terms of visa issue.

Meow00002
Newly Registered
India

Post by Meow00002 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:30 pm

littlerr wrote:

Original residence permits ?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:00 am

No need for original IRP. As I said, refer to the list of required documents on INIS and your local embassy’s website.

Please stop creating multiple threads. Or you will risk being banned.

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:16 am

Meow00002 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:46 pm
littlerr wrote:

Well ...that's one of the issues tbh.
Our mom's name is different on the birth certificate (the last name is different ).
Is there something else that I can submit instead?
My children have different mothers name in their birth certificates also. That's not a problem at all. Their mother's change the surname when married. This changes can be confirmed by marriage certificate where it clearly mentioned about old and new names.