ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Euss Family Permit which one to choose for appeal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

How to Appeal EUSS Family Permit

Post by rachellynn1972 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:15 pm

Do anyone know the procedure on how to appeal a EU settlement family permit refusal. I have check the Appeal website there is nothing like family permit on it, do EU citizen have to pay for the appeal and how do you go about it online. Thanks in advance
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: How to Appeal EUSS Family Permit

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:26 pm

The easiest and fastest option is to read the refusal letter, see why they refuse then apply again fixing whatever they raised in the refusal.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:02 pm

Thank you for your reply, below is their reply:
• You have stated that the family relationship of the EEA citizen sponsor to yourself is child under 21.
• To evidence that your sponsor is your Mother you have submitted birth certificate produced on 4 March 2020. I note that your birth certificate was not produced at the time of your birth and have considered the reports available online including the US Department of State website which states that registrations not made within one year of an individual's birth are not reliable evidence of relationship, since ‘registration, including late registration, may often be accomplished upon demand, with little or no supporting documentation required’. In the absence of any other document that supports your parentage, I am not satisfied that you have provided sufficient evidence that your relationship with your sponsor is as stated.
• Therefore, I am not satisfied, based on the evidence you have provided in isolation, that you are a 'family member of a relevant EEA Citizen'. • Your application is refused.

On the birth certificate it stated Re-Issued birth certificate. I thought it was straight forward as i only submit their Birth Certificate and Passport as there is no other documents requested.
Can i ask, is the UK a state in the United State of America as they were quoting things from United States that i did not make an application to. Can i Appeal it and at the same time reapply as i do not want that refusal on my children passport. Thanks
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:08 am

rachellynn1972 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:02 pm
Can i ask, is the UK a state in the United State of America as they were quoting things from United States that i did not make an application to.
Well, it has been joked quite often that the UK is the 51st US state.

More pertinent to your issue is, was the birth certificate issued by a US state? Because if the birth certificate was issued by a US State, the Home Office would take recourse to US government websites to see how the US government would advise of such documents.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:29 pm

That's typical for any authority that issues a document followed by a statement casting doubt on that document.

Here, US authorities provide you with a birth certificate but they claim the document doesn't guarantee anything and is issued without any check. Some of their processes are quiet archaic especially when it comes to birth certificates.

You probably need to try on the country you were born and initially registered. A document issued from there would have better credibility than a document issued in the US and based on late registration.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:24 pm

rachellynn1972 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:02 pm
On the birth certificate it stated Re-Issued birth certificate. I thought it was straight forward as i only submit their Birth Certificate and Passport as there is no other documents requested.
What is a re-issued birth certificate?

If it was a copy of a non-late registered birth, then I would have thought it was acceptable?

If a birth certificate is unacceptable, then try an accredited DNA test?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:37 pm

Thank you all for your comments and help, the birth certificate is an original birth certificate from the country authority, the re-issued one is the one that was issued after the first one got lost some years back and there is a court papers issued to issue the new birth certificate which was issued in 2019 but court papers not added to the initial applications.

The birth certificate is an Africa birth certificate and have nothing to do with United State of America. I have document that i have been sending money for parenting for the past 10 years for their schooling and all other necessities. They have all their school certificates from when they are from 3 years old.

What the refusal was saying is that United States stated that birth certificate should be issued after a year of birth but my applications got nothing to do with USA. But i have a paper from court that stated the first one got lost but unfortunately i think it was a straight forward application, i only included their passport and birth certificate to the application.

As for DNA testing that is no problem for the payment for it, but i am here in the UK they are in Africa.

I will like to appeal it but don't know how to go about it online at the UK Government website, is it free or do i have to pay. Thank you.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:47 pm

I am looking to do a DNA test, i am checking online and this company is the cheapest as far as quotation, can you tell me if they are accepted by the Home Office or anyone have used it before. https://www.cellmark.co.uk/ Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:23 pm

Seems to be on the government's Accredited testing laboratories list.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:38 pm

Can you please clarify something?

You are in the UK.
The kid you want to sponsor is in Africa

Why does the birth certificate come from USA?

Is it possible to get a birth certificate from the country where the kid was born?

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:49 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:38 pm
Can you please clarify something?

You are in the UK.
The kid you want to sponsor is in Africa

Why does the birth certificate come from USA?

Is it possible to get a birth certificate from the country where the kid was born?
That is what i don't understand, the Birth Certificate is from Africa from the Government country. Got nothing to do with United States and they are stating United State which i believe UK is not a member states.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:50 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:23 pm
Thank You

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:04 pm

We reapplied for the EUSS family permit instead of appealing after the first refusal which mention united states which we have no connection with but this time around with more documents almost 100s of it, school documents of children from the age of 3years and including the old damage issued birth certificates at birth and court letters to issue another birth certificates. Also parenting of the children with receipt of monies sent for the past 9years to present, and many more etc.... Yesterday was 15days since we applied but today we got an email, same email for the kids, below is what they wrote, what exactly is this as we believe decision supposed to be made in 15 working days. Is this email promising because it was different from the last one we got after 3days biometric scan stating application is not straight forward but the new email didn't states this.

"""""
Dear XXXXXXXXXXX

Regarding Visa Application: XXXXXXXXX

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Please note 15 day service standards refer to some other entry clearance routes but are not applicable to EUSS or EEA family permits. Your application will be considered as soon as possible.

Visa decision waiting times: applications outside the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

""""""""

Can someone advice and why the time is no more 15 working days to make decision. Application has been on going since early march that we reapplied online. Are they trying to deprive us of our right as a settled EU national. Have anyone got this kind of email, tired of waiting.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:15 pm

Any advice please.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Euss Family Permit which one to choose for appeal

Post by rachellynn1972 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:58 pm

I am appealing the decision of the entry clearance, can anyone put me right which should i choose below. Thanks

Please select from one of the following options

I have received a decision to refuse my asylum, protection or human rights claim

I am in the UK and I received a refusal decision on:
- An application made before 20 October 2014 as Tier 4 migrant ; or
- An application made before 20 October 2014 as the family member of a Tier 4 migrant ; or
- An application made before 2 March 2015 as a Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 5 migrant ; or
- An application made before 2 March 2015 as the family member of a Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 5 migrant

I have received a refusal decision dated after 6 April 2015 on:
- An application for leave to enter ; or
- An application for entry clearance ; or
- An application for a certificate of entitlement under section 10 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 ; or
- An application for a variation of leave to enter or remain with the result that I have no leave to enter or remain

I have received an appealable decision on any other application type (from in or outside of the UK) dated before 6 April 2015

I have received an appealable decision on any other application and the decision is dated on or after 6 April 2015

kamoe

Re: Euss Family Permit which one to choose for appeal

Post by kamoe » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:29 pm

Obviously you can discard all options that imply you received the refusal prior to 2015; a simple proactive cleanup that will make the task easier for anyone trying to help you!

And I strongly suggest you keep all your questions in your original post, where there's all the background needed for anyone to be able to point you to the best direction/next steps (Your case is complex and you give zero background in this post. For instance, did you receive the same kind of refusal letter with the same reasons for refusal as last time?)

Good luck.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:35 pm

Topics merged.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:49 am

Am I missing something here? In your January 2011 thread, you put "i have been living in uk since i was born" and "i have evidence that i have been in the country for more than 40yrs".
eea-route-applications/asylum-seeker-to ... 69316.html

Which would mean you were born in the 60s or early 70s, when being born in the UK meant you were born British. How could you use your French citizenship to get EU PR when you were born British? How could you use the EU regulations for a RC for your failed asyum seeker husband when you were a British citizen?

And how can you have a child in Africa when it appears you were on UK benefits as you are disabled? And if you did, surely that child would be a British and French citizen through you?

:?:

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:06 pm

kamoe wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:29 pm
Obviously you can discard all options that imply you received the refusal prior to 2015; a simple proactive cleanup that will make the task easier for anyone trying to help you!

And I strongly suggest you keep all your questions in your original post, where there's all the background needed for anyone to be able to point you to the best direction/next steps (Your case is complex and you give zero background in this post. For instance, did you receive the same kind of refusal letter with the same reasons for refusal as last time?)

Good luck.
Thanks for your advice Kamoe, i now know which one to choose (- An application for entry clearance ; or)
Much appreciated.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:08 pm

rachellynn1972 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:06 pm
kamoe wrote:

Good luck.
Thanks for your advice Kamoe, i now know which one to choose (- An application for entry clearance ; or)
Much appreciated.
Where you refused a second time on the same basis as the first time? Or did they give you a second reason?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:47 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:08 pm
rachellynn1972 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:06 pm
kamoe wrote:

Good luck.
Much appreciated.
Where you refused a second time on the same basis as the first time? Or did they give you a second reason?
All other evidence wasn't taking into consideration, including the support letter which states: when a person applies for a birth certificate, he or she is issued with a new one instead of a copy of the first birth certificate issued with a new date of issue.

Almost 50+ documents going up to the past 16years including parental support for the past 10years, all were not put into consideration and was never mentioned but still going on, that they want the birth certificate at the time of birth. That is the reason we are appealing the case and at the same time have contacted Alpha Biolabs to volunteer DNA test for the appeal as they have ISO/IEC17025 accreditation, they said their result are accepted by the Home office.

Thanks again for your Kind Support.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:06 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:23 pm
We have done the test and all test are 99.9% biological parents positive and have submitted new application with the test result as part of the evidence including the birth certificate. Thanks for the link much appreciated. Fingers crossed.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:24 pm

Curious, has anyone applying for EUSS Family Permit get a reply with TWO reference number. One is a VAF and the other is GWF. In the past only one reference number of GWF were used.

------------------

Your Visa Application: VAF XXXXXX
Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Regarding Visa Application: GWFXXXXXXXXX
For: XXXXXXX

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all EEA and EUSS family permit visas as soon as possible.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Jesus Christ is Lord
Newly Registered

Post by Jesus Christ is Lord » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:01 pm

Hi

Have you got any email or update I also got similar email with vaf number last week I applied for euss FP.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:53 pm

No update yet, seems its taking 5 to 6 months nowadays.