ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Skilled Visa - Dependent Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alijafri
Mood:

Tier 2 Skilled Visa - Dependent Visa

Post by alijafri » Sun May 16, 2021 12:53 pm

Dear Experts.

A friend has got job offer from UK company and is looking to apply his visa. Hes got 3 dependents. Can they apply at the same time as him ?

If yes, then will it need to be done on same application form online ? If not then do the dependents need to fill in separate application form ?

if they cant apply at the same time, then will they have to wait till he receives his visa and then they apply ?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Skilled Visa - Dependent Visa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:56 pm

1. Yes.

2. Separate online forms for each person applying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alijafri
Mood:

Post by alijafri » Sun May 16, 2021 1:01 pm

1. So as soon as main applicant applies, they simply have to mention main applicant's Application no as reference - right ?

2. And they can hopefully get decisions together (unless UKVI needs more clarity or errors in application)

Thanks in advance

Eshaalkhan900
Newly Registered

Post by Eshaalkhan900 » Mon May 17, 2021 6:54 am

Hi

Could someone please confirm if VFS is collecting passports for tier 2 dependent visa at appointments in Pakistan??

Thanks

a4aLien
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by a4aLien » Thu May 20, 2021 1:54 pm

Eshaalkhan900 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:54 am
Hi

Could someone please confirm if VFS is collecting passports for tier 2 dependent visa at appointments in Pakistan??

Thanks
Yes they are. I have applyied for my wife's visa and got the biometric appointment with VFS for the 26th. Paid appointments were available for the next day.

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Post by way2iima » Thu May 20, 2021 3:17 pm

Hi all,

I do have 3 years skilled worker visa and I have applied dependent visa for my spouse and baby. We have received the following email from the home office regarding my baby application,

Dear xxxxxxxxx
Ref: xxxxxxxxxx
We are considering your application and need further information from you. Please provide the following within 10 working days of the date of this request:
• Evidence of maintenance as per Appendix Skilled Worker of the Immigration Rules
If we do not receive anything within 10 days we will make a decision on the information we already have.
Please send this documentation as a scanned attachment within 10 working days to worksponsoreddocumentrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk quoting your application reference.

Found the below from the "Appendix Skilled Worker of the Immigration Rules":
SW 33.3. The funds required are:
(a) £285 for a dependent partner in the UK, or applying for entry clearance; and
(b) £315 for the first dependent child in the UK, or applying for entry clearance; and
(c) £200 for any other dependent child in the UK, or applying for entry clearance.
SW 33.4. If SW 33.2.(a) applies, the funds held for the applicant must be held in addition to any funds required for the Skilled Worker to meet the financial requirement and any other dependants in the UK or applying at the same time.
SW 33.5. If SW 33.2.(a) applies, the funds must have been held for a 28-day period and as specified in Appendix Finance.

Can someone in the group who had gone through the dependent visa process help me with the below questions at the earliest please:
1. Is it sufficient to prove that we have more than £315 for a 28 day period for last 3 months? Both myself and my spouse were working, should we add the bank statements of both of us?
2. Can I also attach last 3 months payslip of myself and my spouse to ensure that we will have enough funds on an ongoing basis to take care of the baby?
3. Do we need to prepare a cover letter for this?
4. Do we need to attach any additional documents?

Eshaalkhan900
Newly Registered

Post by Eshaalkhan900 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:13 am

Hi

Could someone please tell that how long it takes to get the passport back once you submit it after receiving the email that your application has been assessed, please submit your passport.

Thanks

Abubakarskhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Abubakarskhan » Wed May 26, 2021 10:52 pm

Hi eshal,
Dont go so fast, just wait and watch, vfs service is slow so you will get with in 10working days from submission. As per vfs center, maximum time is 20 working days after submission of passport.

Eshaalkhan900
Newly Registered

Post by Eshaalkhan900 » Fri May 28, 2021 4:28 pm

Would someone know how long it takes after we have been asked to submit passport(received email from Sheffield to submit it) and UKV1 says application status is open.So if we are receiving an email saying your application has been assessed and submit you passport, how come the application status at UKV1 is still open?? Any ideas please?

Thanks

Abubakarskhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Abubakarskhan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:21 pm

No idea,
Looks :wink: but as they requested for passport, that means they will issue visa

Eshaalkhan900
Newly Registered

Post by Eshaalkhan900 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:17 pm

Does anyone know if partner dependent applications are getting delayed from vfs Islamabad?

We were told vfs Islamabad is not collecting passports because of Covid and you will be asked to submit it afterwards.

We received an email on 20th that your application has been assessed and submit your passport.

It’s been over 15 working days now and we haven’t heard anything yet and we have raised several enquiries but of no use.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Eshaalkhan900
Newly Registered

Post by Eshaalkhan900 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:46 pm

a4aLien wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:54 pm
Eshaalkhan900 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:54 am
Hi

Thanks
Yes they are. I have applyied for my wife's visa and got the biometric appointment with VFS for the 26th. Paid appointments were available for the next day.
So did you submit your wife’s passport at the application Center? Was it in Pak? Because they didn’t take our passport and its tier 2 dependent visa we haven’t heard anything since they asked to submit passport on 20th May after submission of biometrics on 17th May.