ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Arrival Notification Email (Issued or Not?)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stewartcollins22
Newly Registered

Accommodation Evidence Confusion

Post by stewartcollins22 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:21 pm

Hi everyone.

So, we've got as far as uploading the supporting docs now, and there are 2 sections that confuse me:

1. Accommodation Permanent Temporary

2. Sponsor Evidence - with the mention of "Proof of Accommodation"

Basically, we have been living together overseas for some time now. But as the UK sponsor, I have returned to the UK last month to find us a place. I did, and just signed the tenancy agreement to move in at the end of this week. We will both live here if the visa application is accepted.

So where should we put these documents?

I mean, I can only assume that we would put the tenancy agreement in Sponsor Evidence? Then, we would put the Letter of No Objection from the Landlord in Section 1 to verify that my partner will be put on the lease when she arrives?

Thank you!

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Accommodation Evidence Confusion

Post by Korekt » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:10 am

You can upload them to the same section.

It's not an exact science.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

stewartcollins22
Newly Registered

VFS Global Self-Upload Category Assistance

Post by stewartcollins22 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:59 am

Hi.

We're having some issues with the categories on the VFS Global Self-Upload system.

1. At the top there is a highlighted info box in blue (not clickable) that states: "Sponsor evidence, Birth Certificate" - one can only assume this implies that I also need to upload my birth certificate (as the sponsor) in the Sponsor Evidence section?

2. Accommodation: Permanent/Temporary: Good/Makes sense.

3. Educational Evidence: Good/Makes sense.

4. Financial Evidence: Good/Makes sense.

5. Additional Documents: Not much detail. But I assume just anything that doesn't fit elsewhere?

6. Appendix 2: Not sure why this is still there. I thought you no longer needed to fill out this form?

7. Consent Letters and Proof of Relationship: Good/Makes sense.

8. Sponsor Evidence: Good/Makes sense.

9. TB Certificate: Good/Makes sense.

Another issue is that there doesn't even seem to be a place for the applicant to upload their passport. Do you know where to put this?

Not really sure why it is organized in the most non-intuitive way possible with no supporting notes to follow. Does anyone have some guidance on what goes where?

Thank you for this!

stewartcollins22
Newly Registered

Proof of Overseas Divorce

Post by stewartcollins22 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:28 am

Hi everyone.

We have submitted our application for my wife's spouse visa and after a few weeks we received an email for additional evidence/info. The email regarded my (the sponsor's) divorce from my previous partner. The thing is, I was previously married some time ago in the UK, subsequently split with my partner at the time, and then a divorce was acquired in Canada (my ex was based in Canada at the time). We provided the official divorce certificate from the Canadian authorities with the initial set of documents. The current email states that we need to provide a Decree Absolute regarding the divorce that took place in the UK. The divorce did not take place in the UK, however, so we are a little confused at the moment. We replied and re-explained the situation and provided the Canadian divorce certificate again for reference. We are obviously genuinely concerned at this point. We were led to believe that an official divorce in Canada would be accepted. Is this correct?

Thank you for your time.

TerryGH
Chile

Re: Proof of Overseas Divorce

Post by TerryGH » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:16 pm

If you were resident in Canada or you are a Canadian citizen, then you could have divorced in Canada. However if you were resident in the UK with no Canadian passport, it looks like you should have initiated divorce in the UK. At least this is how are understand the guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rces-set13.

I suggest you speak with a solicitor or an immigration advisor ASAP .

stewartcollins22
Newly Registered

Re: Proof of Overseas Divorce

Post by stewartcollins22 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:48 pm

Thank you. We did consult a solicitor in advance and they said such a divorce certificate would be fine. When the divorce was obtained, I was not living in the UK, I was studying in Finland. Similarly, my ex was living in Canada. Moreover, if this was an issue, why would the British Embassy in the country where I married my current partner issue us the Affidavit of Eligibility to Marry having see and accepted my previous divorce certificate?

stewartcollins22
Newly Registered

Passport Arrival Notification Email (Issued or Not?)

Post by stewartcollins22 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:47 am

Hi.

Having responded to a previous email about additional documents, a couple of days later we received an email entitled: "Passport Arrival Notification Email"

It simply states that your passport is ready for collection at our center. Within the same email it also markets an Oyster Card...so it doesn't at any point state specifically whether it was issued or not.

Does this type of email imply that we have been successful? Or does it simply mean a decision was made and we find out when we look in the passport? :)

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport Arrival Notification Email (Issued or Not?)

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:19 am

stewartcollins22 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:47 am
Hi.

Having responded to a previous email about additional documents, a couple of days later we received an email entitled: "Passport Arrival Notification Email"

It simply states that your passport is ready for collection at our center. Within the same email it also markets an Oyster Card...so it doesn't at any point state specifically whether it was issued or not.

Does this type of email imply that we have been successful? Or does it simply mean a decision was made and we find out when we look in the passport? :)

Thank you
You will only know the outcome once you collect the passport. Applicants are not told the outcome before. The email simply means a decision has been made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stewartcollins22
Newly Registered

Post by stewartcollins22 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:26 am

I wonder why they would attach colorful maps of London and deals regarding a trip to London while at the same time providing no other information than the fact a decision of some kind has been made? Great stuff :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:12 pm

stewartcollins22 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:26 am
I wonder why they would attach colorful maps of London and deals regarding a trip to London while at the same time providing no other information than the fact a decision of some kind has been made? Great stuff :)
What's of relevance is the decision made on your application...surely you are not following a link in the email telling you to book London trip for £1?. :)
Go pick up passport and update of your positive outcome

stewartcollins22
Newly Registered

Post by stewartcollins22 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:26 pm

Very true :) Although if the visa is issued, I will happily purchase a couple of Oyster cards via the link provided lol...they will be sending the passport back, so hopefully have some positive news soon!

stewartcollins22
Newly Registered

Post by stewartcollins22 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:14 am

And our visa was granted :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:21 am

stewartcollins22 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:14 am
And our visa was granted :)
Congratulations 👏, now order those Oyster cards.