ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years lawful resident - Lost Passport - Help Sought

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ravilation
Newly Registered

ILR 10 years lawful resident - Lost Passport - Help Sought

Post by Ravilation » Sat May 08, 2021 12:47 am

Hi,

I am an Indian National and want to apply for ILR under the 10 years lawful residence. My 1st entry was in Jan 29th 2011 under T2 ICT since then have extended my visa untill now (all extensions unde same same visa category & sponsor until Nov'19 where i switched to a T2 Dependent visa an become self employed). I now want to apply for ILR under priority route. However on 29th Aug 2016, my BRP and my passport with all historical stamps from 2003 - 2016 got stolen in Paris. I applied for a emergency passport from Indian High Commission in Paris after filing all necessary police reports with the French Authorities. I then travelled back to the UK where i applied for a replacement BRP and have since undergone 2 more visa extension. I also renewed my passport.

As i dont have my old passport, I have tried to piece together all my travels outside of the UK between 2011 - 2016. This has been done to the best of my knowledge based on my wife's paspport stamps, flight bookings and recollection. All the trips between 2016 - 2021 have been based on actual stamping on my current passport. I am certain that I have not crossed the 540+ days limit in the last 10 years; as per my calculations it's roughly 275 days (125 days between 2011-16 and 150 days between 2016-21). I also have my SAR but it gives me data for the last 5 years data which i anyways had.

My questions are as follows. Would really be thankful for your responses.
  • Will my Inability to provide all passports i have ever had cause any problem for my ILR application? What can i do or provide to address this?
  • What sort of documents can/ should i provide to support my claim for all travel between 2011 - 2016 and prove that i was in the country during this period ? I have all utility bills, councils tax, banks statments and some of the tickets for this period.
  • Any suggestions/ feedback/insights/ guidance on how i should approach my application especially if someone has had a similar situation like me? i plan to apply myself (not taking help from any lawyer) as i have all my other paperwork in good order.
[/list]

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR 10 years lawful resident - Lost Passport - Help Sought

Post by zimba » Sat May 08, 2021 7:13 pm

You must write a cover letter and explain things. If you have a police report for the theft, you must attach that. You should also aim to enter all the absences in the last 10 years as far as you remember. Often there will be no issues
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ravilation
Newly Registered

Post by Ravilation » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 pm

Thank You. BTW do you if Priority Service slots are being opened or are available for submitting an application. I have been trying for over a month but am not able to still get it. Is there any particular day or time when they are getting released ? Someone told me that this option has been withdrawn presently for ILR 10 Year long term residency cases. Any guidance on this will be really helpful.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:30 am

Priority service is very sought after and the service availability is low.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ravilation
Newly Registered

Post by Ravilation » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:35 am

Thanks. But do we know if this has been discontinued or paused for 10 year route or is it still provided but has low availability ? Its just that i am hearing from an immigration advisor that this has been stopped/ paused at the moment and am being advised to go the normal route.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:59 am

There is no official report that it has been stopped

https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk