ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Miss-Suz » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:08 pm

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:13 pm

Hope ministers take that in account and extend the deadline 😩

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:32 pm

Catalley09 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:19 pm
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick question, if our cases for appeal for EEA DRF1 is still with courts by June 30th, what happens then? will they still be required to hear the cases and what about EUSS, will still be able to apply for it since the courts delayed in passing judgement?

please help l have emailed them to expediate my case as l am now worried.

thank you all
Hi Catalley,

This could be an answer to your question. The Home Office has agreed to accept late applications. Applications after the deadline could be accepted, you will have to explain your reasons.
See the following link 👇🏽
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/eu-sett ... ions-euss/

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:23 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:07 pm
Hi everyone,
It has been a long time here. Congrats to Lagosboy and all who received positive outcomes 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
And Lulubaby I’m proud of you sis, keep fighting the HO, we’ll all get victory soon.
As for me, still waiting.

I don’t know if you all saw this, but last week the Mayor of London was urgent the HO to delay the 30th of June deadline for EUSS application.

That would be great for all of us who are still waiting for their DFR1 appeal decision.
Hi Miss-Suz , good to hear from you again. It's not been easy at all but we will not give up. Hope you are ok

netqueen
South Africa

Post by netqueen » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:33 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:14 pm
netqueen wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:31 pm
Lagosbos wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:52 am
Hello my Zambrano Family, as a follow-up to my appeal. My BRC was delivered this morning with no prior letter from HO. I was still thinking they might challenge the Judge ruling and then my buzzer went and the delivery guy was like i have visa for you. Card expires end of next month so i will be banging a new EUSS application. Thank you all for your profound and to everyone waiting we will all share more good news soonest.
Wow congratulations Lagosbos.

Who was your judge in the FTT? Paragraph 14 of your decision is very interesting will want to know who presided on your case, if it is alright.
In the last month of EUSS hope we are all become successful.

Big congratulations and all the best.
Netqueen, it's been ages. How are you?. How is it going with you?.
Hi LULUBABY, yes ohh it been ages. I am very well thanks a lot for asking.

Still waiting for a decision from the Home office ohh, but praying we all become successful. We have come this far so we press forward.
How I wish ministers or some more powerful person can push caseworkers at the HO to work quickly on cases before them. hmmmmmmmmm.
We all will succeed.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:46 pm

Well there are something worring that I noticed today about Zambrano cases. Home Office staff are aware that what they are doing is wrong, but they are doing it anyway.
I met a very nice HOPO, and before commencement of proceedings, she stated that she wanted to concede, spoke to his manager about this, but the powers ahead of her will not be permit this.

She accepts that she is aware that Home Office position is inconsistent with the Supreme Court, but nevertheless she has to go against her conviction and oppose the appeal.

I was very troubled by this. It is beggars belief that a government department is acting this way.

Even the Judge was saying he does not understand why Priti Patel is behaving like this. He said she is ignoring court order and law and doing what she can.

To add insult to injury the presenting officers stated that even if I succeed, fees should not be awarded to me. How ridiculous. A government ignoring the law, and when they are brought to court they say their victim must forfeit their right to a refund of their fee.

Such is the state of the UK immigration system these days.

I implore Zambrano appellants or claimant in JR claims to continue to share your experience, as this will give home to other, that some part of the system works, that some tribunal will not put up with this nonsense of a refusal.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:11 am

Obie wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:46 pm
Well there are something worring that I noticed today about Zambrano cases. Home Office staff are aware that what they are doing is wrong, but they are doing it anyway.
I met a very nice HOPO, and before commencement of proceedings, she stated that she wanted to concede, spoke to his manager about this, but the powers ahead of her will not be permit this.

She accepts that she is aware that Home Office position is inconsistent with the Supreme Court, but nevertheless she has to go against her conviction and oppose the appeal.

I was very troubled by this. It is beggars belief that a government department is acting this way.

Even the Judge was saying he does not understand why Priti Patel is behaving like this. He said she is ignoring court order and law and doing what she can.

To add insult to injury the presenting officers stated that even if I succeed, fees should not be awarded to me. How ridiculous. A government ignoring the law, and when they are brought to court they say their victim must forfeit their right to a refund of their fee.

I implore Zambrano appellants or claimant in JR claims to continue to share your experience, as this will give home to other, that some part of the system works, that some tribunal will not put up with this nonsense of a refusal.
Phewww!, Oh my God, thank you so much Obie for sharing this. This has really given me strength of persistence.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:08 am

Obie wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:46 pm

They know what they are doing. They are trying everything possible to discourage a lot of people and show that this 'resistance' route we are taking via appeals and JR is not easy but they have failed to realise that those of us taking it are not the faint hearted.

I thank God that I was able to thwart their plans and put them on the defence before it got to meeting them face to face. Only God saved me. If it had been the other way round, mhhhhh, Rock of Ages Cleft for me.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:28 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm
Obie wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:57 am
I believe when the court comes round to promalgating guidance, it will be clear that the Home Office position is untenable.

I believe your case will be fine.
(1) The respondent’s application that this matter be transferred to the Administrative Court is refused.
(2) The respondent’s application that proceedings be stayed pending the determination of Xxxxxxx by the Administrative Court is granted.

It is Directed

(3) The respondent, if so advised, is to file and serve supplementary grounds of defence in response to the applicant’s grounds of renewal, no later than 14 days after judgment is handed down in Xxxxxxxxxx

Reasons

1) The respondent does not assert that this Tribunal possesses no jurisdiction to consider issues arising in this matter

2) In the circumstances there is no obligation for the Tribunal to transfer this matter to the Administrative Court.

3) Other than when the High Court is exercising its supervisory jurisdiction, the Upper Tribunal is not bound, as a matter of stare decisis, by decisions of the High Court. Whilst the Tribunal will observe comity, it may in a proper case depart from a decision of the High Court if satisfied that the decision is wrong. As a matter of principle the need for predictability and consistency of outcome are not offended by the Upper Tribunal not being bound by a decision of the High Court: Gilchrist v Revenue and Customs Commissioners [2015] Ch 183, at [85-87], [91], [94-101].

4) In the circumstances, the Tribunal is satisfied that it is not appropriate to transfer this matter to the Administrative Court.

5) The Tribunal has considered the respondent’s request for a stay of proceedings. The respondent has informed the Tribunal that the High Court is expected to hear the substantive application in Xxxxxxxxx. The High Court judgment can properly be expected to be handed down within 4 weeks of hearing. The hearing of this matter is unlikely to be listed within such period of time and consequently it is in the interests of justice that proceedings be stayed for a short period of time to permit the parties to consider their respective positions consequent to the decision of the High Court.
Well the JR succeeds. Home Office will be in confusion today.

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ad ... /1535.html

apollo_alpha

Post by apollo_alpha » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:22 pm

Hi Guys,

Good news for Zambrano carers on the EUSS front.

My barrister represented a client on a judicial review and it was successful.

Please read the judgement here https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ad ... /1535.html

He will be representing my case at the FTt in two weeks time and hopefuly all goes well for me and everyone of us in similar boat.

netqueen
South Africa

Post by netqueen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:54 pm

apollo_alpha wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:22 pm
Hi Guys,

Good news for Zambrano carers on the EUSS front.

My barrister represented a client on a judicial review and it was successful.

Please read the judgement here https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ad ... /1535.html

He will be representing my case at the FTt in two weeks time and hopefuly all goes well for me and everyone of us in similar boat.
Wow that is one good news for all of us waiting.

Al the best apollo_alpha in your pending case.

gee4
Nigeria

Post by gee4 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:02 pm

Hi everyone.
Wanted to let you know about a judgment today that favoured Zambrano. Akinsanya case, HO are now reconsidering there stand. Had my hearing today and now awaiting a decision. But the HOPO initially requested time for them to reconsider my case but couldn’t ascertain if it will be reconsidered to grant so my barrister declined the offer. Fingers crossed good new for us all in Jesus name. Amen

apollo_alpha

Post by apollo_alpha » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:21 pm

Guys,

I was informed by the barrister that the HO requested for a right of appeal to the court of appeal, however it was denied. Nonetheless, they said they will be making a direct request to the court of appeal.

So, just a note of caution that it may not be over yet. I just hope they lose at the court of appeal again; should they get the opportunity to appeal.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:37 pm

Obie wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:28 am
LULUBABY wrote:
Obie wrote:
I believe when the court comes round to promalgating guidance, it will be clear that the Home Office position is untenable.

(1) The respondent’s application that this matter be transferred to the Administrative Court is refused.
(2) The respondent’s application that proceedings be stayed pending the determination of Xxxxxxx by the Administrative Court is granted.

It is Directed

(3) The respondent, if so advised, is to file and serve supplementary grounds of defence in response to the applicant’s grounds of renewal, no later than 14 days after judgment is handed down in Xxxxxxxxxx

Reasons

1) The respondent does not assert that this Tribunal possesses no jurisdiction to consider issues arising in this matter

2) In the circumstances there is no obligation for the Tribunal to transfer this matter to the Administrative Court.

3) Other than when the High Court is exercising its supervisory jurisdiction, the Upper Tribunal is not bound, as a matter of stare decisis, by decisions of the High Court. Whilst the Tribunal will observe comity, it may in a proper case depart from a decision of the High Court if satisfied that the decision is wrong. As a matter of principle the need for predictability and consistency of outcome are not offended by the Upper Tribunal not being bound by a decision of the High Court: Gilchrist v Revenue and Customs Commissioners [2015] Ch 183, at [85-87], [91], [94-101].

4) In the circumstances, the Tribunal is satisfied that it is not appropriate to transfer this matter to the Administrative Court.

5) The Tribunal has considered the respondent’s request for a stay of proceedings. The respondent has informed the Tribunal that the High Court is expected to hear the substantive application in Xxxxxxxxx. The High Court judgment can properly be expected to be handed down within 4 weeks of hearing. The hearing of this matter is unlikely to be listed within such period of time and consequently it is in the interests of justice that proceedings be stayed for a short period of time to permit the parties to consider their respective positions consequent to the decision of the High Court.

Obie! Obie! That's that case. Obie!. Obie!. That's that case!!!!!!!

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:56 pm

Obie wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:28 am
LULUBABY wrote:
Obie wrote:

It is Directed

Reasons

Hi Obie

This is what I keep saying here since the HO guidance were issue.

Everything in was a fraud and it is a matter of time that secretary of state would be sued.

The Administrative Court has spoken and we employ HO to now write to those 5500 zambrano refused applicants and quietly issue them their stay under EEA Reg16 and under Appendix EU Zambrano.

Shame to HO and their pen pushers

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:20 pm

It is not going to be easy. Under Priti Patel's Home Office, there will likely be an appeal to the court of appeal, however unmeritious those appeal will be.

But I believe that ultimately their application to the Court of Appeal will fail.

I do not think this case would have impacted my yesterday's hearing, as the case involves a person who doed not have leave to remain.

I have 3 cases going through the tribunal, so it is welcome, but given how dysfunctional Home Office is, I am confident that this is not the last we will hear of the matter.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:00 pm

gee4 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:02 pm
Hi everyone.
Wanted to let you know about a judgment today that favoured Zambrano. Akinsanya case, HO are now reconsidering there stand. Had my hearing today and now awaiting a decision. But the HOPO initially requested time for them to reconsider my case but couldn’t ascertain if it will be reconsidered to grant so my barrister declined the offer. Fingers crossed good new for us all in Jesus name. Amen
The last time you were in tears, I am so glad to hear you finally managed to afford a Barrister to represent you. Don't worry, after rain comes sunshine. We shall overcome.

gee4
Nigeria

Post by gee4 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:07 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:00 pm
gee4 wrote:
Hi everyone.
The last time you were in tears, I am so glad to hear you finally managed to afford a Barrister to represent you. Don't worry, after rain comes sunshine. We shall overcome.
Amen thank you so much. I did most of the work and I represented myself in my first hearing which was adjourned because HO did not provide their bundle. I was advised to get a barrister to represent me because I couldn’t get my words out in my first hearing I was so emotional and sick to my stomach as to why HO has decided to use their power in a very mean way towards Zambrano.
I’m praying that my decisions comes positive and i can be free from them. It’s very intimidating especially when you have no leave to remain and your life is hanging in their hands. I had to look for money here and there to get a barrister.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:03 pm

OMG!!!!, I love paragraph 74 "....,why the Secretary of State is asking me to do her AMENDING for her."

This is Epic.

Then paragraph 75, ".....Secretary of State should have made the amendments to the 2016 Regulations before 31 December 2020."

Poor Home Office. Confused.com.

I can't wait for that day, when Zambrano Carers will start sending Moët & Chandon on endless errands. Celebration galore.
This journey is not Prosecco matter.... no, not at all.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:05 pm

gee4 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:07 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:00 pm
gee4 wrote:
Hi everyone.
Amen thank you so much. I did most of the work and I represented myself in my first hearing which was adjourned because HO did not provide their bundle. I was advised to get a barrister to represent me because I couldn’t get my words out in my first hearing I was so emotional and sick to my stomach as to why HO has decided to use their power in a very mean way towards Zambrano.
I’m praying that my decisions comes positive and i can be free from them. It’s very intimidating especially when you have no leave to remain and your life is hanging in their hands. I had to look for money here and there to get a barrister.
Everything works for good.....

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:40 pm

ravindra121 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:55 am
I have applied for zambrano with british child and left UK on last July 2020 while application under processing. application been refused and didn't even apply for administrative review.
Now I'm in Sri Lanka and my british son who is 6 years old doesnt like to stay here.

My question
is there anyway that I could apply for the same route from outside UK or any other route to come in to the UK with my family. ( I have 2 more children who born in UK, but they not british, Me and my wife are Sri Lankans, 1st child british under stateless route)

Thank you
snooky wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:34 pm
@ravindra121

Hi according to the Home Office, you do not currently have Leave to Remain in the UK so you can't travel out and come in.

Should you have Leave to Remain, them during your Zambrano EUSS application consideration, you could travel in and out of UK. This is because EUSS actually legality of proof will start from 1 July 2021.

Now for the checks that HO do, actually no one knows which checks HO carries out. But the clue is in their guidance.

1. Eligibility 2. Suitability 3. Evidential Documents, 4. False Representation, 5. Good Character, 6. Dependency and Responsibilities, 7. Public Health, 8. Other Factors.

Your application could be answered within 10 months due to experience and what we have seen over here.

Hope this will help u. But be careful, do not travel as you have no leave to remain
Hello Ravindra, I was just going through your previous posts and saw this reply to you from Snooky when you stated that you needed to travel. Oh dear, why did you travel?.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:04 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:19 pm

snooky

Post by snooky » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:52 pm

High Court finds the EU Settlement Scheme rules for Zambrano carers unlawful.

R (Akinsanya) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2021] EWHC 1535 (Admin),

My advise to all who applied for zambrano before 31 December 2020 should reapply and invoke this high court judgement.

If you guys sit thinking HO will be writing to you to ask you guys to resubmit will be a dream which will never come through.

Bear in mind that HO can appeal this to deter people applying. Irrespective of their shenanigans, putting in your reapplication and letting them know of their discrimination towards you from the onset will let you stay in the game past 30 June 2020.

From the unreported cases which ruled HO policy and guidance unlawful to this, you guys now have the power especially those who identified themselves as zambrano before the end of the eea rules.

With me snooky, I saw this loophole in the EEA REG 16 7A long time and used it for so many people. As far as the former HO Secretaries refused to amend it through parliament and left it as it was then any guidance was to be treated null and void.

LTR isn't an exempt stay and thus comes under PSIC . 13(2) of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.

HO grammar has killed them like highe seat which killed miss Thomas' cat and also the greedy dog loses its bone.

The court has spoken and spoke very well.

Regards

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:20 pm

snooky wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:52 pm
High Court finds the EU Settlement Scheme rules for Zambrano carers unlawful.

R (Akinsanya) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2021] EWHC 1535 (Admin),

My advise to all who applied for zambrano before 31 December 2020 should reapply and invoke this high court judgement.

If you guys sit thinking HO will be writing to you to ask you guys to resubmit will be a dream which will never come through.

Bear in mind that HO can appeal this to deter people applying. Irrespective of their shenanigans, putting in your reapplication and letting them know of their discrimination towards you from the onset will let you stay in the game past 30 June 2020.

From the unreported cases which ruled HO policy and guidance unlawful to this, you guys now have the power especially those who identified themselves as zambrano before the end of the eea rules.

With me snooky, I saw this loophole in the EEA REG 16 7A long time and used it for so many people. As far as the former HO Secretaries refused to amend it through parliament and left it as it was then any guidance was to be treated null and void.

LTR isn't an exempt stay and thus comes under PSIC . 13(2) of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.

HO grammar has killed them like highe seat which killed miss Thomas' cat and also the greedy dog loses its bone.

The court has spoken and spoke very well.

Regards
This give me confidence! Thank you so much Snooky