ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) category B employment advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nnhusai
Newly Registered

FLR (M) visa question

Post by nnhusai » Mon May 31, 2021 8:09 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question about applying for my wife's FLR(M) visa in a few months time, my question is regarding the 6 jointly named letters as supporting evidence.

Alot of my letters have become paperless and receive them online. Can we use these as evidence or does it have to be actual paper letters delivered by post.

Another question I have is regarding my wages, I have a employee pension scheme and share save scheme within the company. When calculating my 6 months wages, would I have to deduct my pension and share save from my wages? As if I have to deduct, I would be below the required earnings of £18,600.
If anyone has any links to the government guidelines regards to this, that would be much appreciated

I would be very thankful for any help.

Kind regards

manci
Respected Guru

Re: FLR (M) visa question

Post by manci » Mon May 31, 2021 8:57 pm

nnhusai wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:09 pm
If anyone has any links to the government guidelines regards to this, that would be much appreciated
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
and
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon May 31, 2021 9:28 pm

nnhusai wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:09 pm
Hello everyone,

I have a question about applying for my wife's FLR(M) visa in a few months time, my question is regarding the 6 jointly named letters as supporting evidence.

Alot of my letters have become paperless and receive them online. Can we use these as evidence or does it have to be actual paper letters delivered by post. Yes you can

Another question I have is regarding my wages, I have a employee pension scheme and share save scheme within the company. When calculating my 6 months wages, would I have to deduct my pension and share save from my wages? As if I have to deduct, I would be below the required earnings of £18,600.
If anyone has any links to the government guidelines regards to this, that would be much appreciated Your income before any deduction is what is counted towards the threshold

I would be very thankful for any help.

Kind regards
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

nnhusai
Newly Registered

Post by nnhusai » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:25 am

Thank you guys for replying. Really appreciate it

nnhusai
Newly Registered

Post by nnhusai » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:43 am

Hi,

Just a quick question guys, what is the earliest time you can apply for the FLR(M) visa?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:18 am

nnhusai wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:43 am
Hi,

Just a quick question guys, what is the earliest time you can apply for the FLR(M) visa?

Thanks
30months after the date of entering UK with the initial spouse visa vignette.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:53 pm

The earliest you can apply is anytime.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

nnhusai
Newly Registered

Post by nnhusai » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:10 pm

Just to clarify, my wife arrived in the UK on 24th May 2019 and her expiry date on her BRP card is 14/02/2022. So can she apply anytime at the end of November 2021 until the expiry date on her BRP card?

Thank you in advanced.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:47 am

nnhusai wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:10 pm
Just to clarify, my wife arrived in the UK on 24th May 2019 and her expiry date on her BRP card is 14/02/2022. So can she apply anytime at the end of November 2021 until the expiry date on her BRP card? Yes

Thank you in advanced.
To be clear and ensure you don't have a shortfall of qualifying time at a later date, she can apply for FLR (M) any time after completing 30 months in UK till the expiry date on BRP.

nnhusai
Newly Registered

FLR (M) visa employment enquiry - changing jobs

Post by nnhusai » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:37 pm

Hello,

I will be applying for my wife's FLR (M) in December 2021.

I've been working at the same employer for over 12 months. If I start a job elsewhere, how will this affect the financial requirement? Will I need to provide 12 months in total when I apply covering the new job and previous?

I appreciate any information and advice.

Thank you in advance.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: FLR (M) visa employment enquiry - changing jobs

Post by TODMATT » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:37 am

nnhusai wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:37 pm
Hello,

I will be applying for my wife's FLR (M) in December 2021.

I've been working at the same employer for over 12 months. If I start a job elsewhere, how will this affect the financial requirement? Will I need to provide 12 months in total when I apply covering the new job and previous?

I appreciate any information and advice.

Thank you in advance.
Appendix FM-SE

2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies), all of the following evidence must be provided:

(a) Payslips covering:

(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply);

or

(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this Appendix)

Provide payslips covering 12 months period. You need to ensure your payslips meets the criteria for Category B conditions.

nnhusai
Newly Registered

Payslip query (FLR (M) visa)

Post by nnhusai » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:13 pm

Hello,

I am in the process of starting a new job and I will be applying for my wife's FLR (M) visa at the end of the year.

In my previous job, I was paid weekly and in my new job I will also be paid weekly. Unfortunately my start date has been postponed by a week therefore I will not receive a payslip for 1 week. So when I apply for my wife's FLR (M) visa, I will only have 51 weeks of payslips for the 12 month period. Both jobs are non salaried hourly paid.

Will it be an issue if I provide 51 weeks of payslips when I apply for the visa? I was hoping to write a supporting letter explaining why they is a payslip short in the 12 month period. Will this be ok providing the earnings exceed the £18,600 financial requirement?

I appreciate any advice or information.

Thank you.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Payslip query (FLR (M) visa)

Post by manci » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:20 pm

nnhusai wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:13 pm
I will only have 51 weeks of payslips for the 12 month period. Both jobs are non salaried hourly paid.
Not an issue as long as you meet the financial requirements
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:43 pm

nnhusai wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:13 pm
Hello,

I am in the process of starting a new job and I will be applying for my wife's FLR (M) visa at the end of the year.

In my previous job, I was paid weekly and in my new job I will also be paid weekly. Unfortunately my start date has been postponed by a week therefore I will not receive a payslip for 1 week. So when I apply for my wife's FLR (M) visa, I will only have 51 weeks of payslips for the 12 month period. Both jobs are non salaried hourly paid.

Will it be an issue if I provide 51 weeks of payslips when I apply for the visa? I was hoping to write a supporting letter explaining why they is a payslip short in the 12 month period. Will this be ok providing the earnings exceed the £18,600 financial requirement?

I appreciate any advice or information.

Thank you.
Definitely not! As long as those payslips you are submitting meet both conditions of CAT B, you should be fine. You can also write a cover letter detailing how the requirement is met under CAT B. I did this for my wife application and it makes life easier for the caseworker.

nnhusai
Newly Registered

Post by nnhusai » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:43 pm

Thank you so much guys for responding. This forum has helped me out few times now so keep up the good work.

nnhusai
Newly Registered

FLR (M) category B employment advice

Post by nnhusai » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:09 pm

Hello,

I will be applying for my wife's visa in the next few days under Category B.

I have been with my current employer since October 2021 on non salaried paid weekly employment. The last payslip I am going to include is dated the 29th December 2021 and my employment confirmation letter is dated 18th January 2022. I am also going to include my payslips from my previous employment which was also non salaried paid weekly from January 2021, as well as 12 months of bank statements covering January 2021 to December 2021.

I was hoping for advice on the following:

1. Is it ok if I submit the application within 28 days of my payslip dated 29 December 2021? Or would I need to include more payslips up to the date I submit my application as I am paid weekly.

2. With regards to my previous employer, I have my payslips, my p45 and p60. Will I need anything else from them or is this sufficient?

Thank you in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR (M) category B employment advice

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:37 am

nnhusai wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:09 pm
Hello,

I have been with my current employer since October 2021 on non salaried paid weekly employment. The last payslip I am going to include is dated the 29th December 2021 and my employment confirmation letter is dated 18th January 2022. I am also going to include my payslips from my previous employment which was also non salaried paid weekly from January 2021, as well as 12 months of bank statements covering January 2021 to December 2021.

1. Is it ok if I submit the application within 28 days of my payslip dated 29 December 2021? Or would I need to include more payslips up to the date I submit my application as I am paid weekly. The 28days is 'not older than' so the more recent could be the better especially with your weekly pay imho.

2. With regards to my previous employer, I have my payslips, my p45 and p60. Will I need anything else from them or is this sufficient? Payslips with bank statements covering same period

Thank you in advance.

nnhusai
Newly Registered

Post by nnhusai » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:39 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:37 am
nnhusai wrote:
Hello,

1. Is it ok if I submit the application within 28 days of my payslip dated 29 December 2021? Or would I need to include more payslips up to the date I submit my application as I am paid weekly. The 28days is 'not older than' so the more recent could be the better especially with your weekly pay imho.

To clarify, my payslip dated 29 December 2021 could be an issue when submitting my application therefore it is better for me to provide more up to date payslips that is closer to the date I submit my application?

2. With regards to my previous employer, I have my payslips, my p45 and p60. Will I need anything else from them or is this sufficient? Payslips with bank statements covering same period

Just to confirm I would not need any employment letter from my previous employer?

Thank you in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:17 pm

nnhusai wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:39 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:37 am
nnhusai wrote:
Hello,

To clarify, my payslip dated 29 December 2021 could be an issue when submitting my application therefore it is better for me to provide more up to date payslips that is closer to the date I submit my application?

Just to confirm I would not need any employment letter from my previous employer?

Thank you in advance.
Letter from previous employer not required.

nnhusai
Newly Registered

Post by nnhusai » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:54 pm

Thanks for the information. Due to the delay in receiving my employment letter, I will be submitting my wife's on line application in the next 2 days.

I have 2 questions that I would like to ask:

1) Her visa expires on the 14th February 2022, as long as I have submitted and paid for the online application before that date, can the biometric appointment be booked after the visa expiry date?

2) The bank posted me my bank statements with a cover letter and the bank statements are not stamped and the cover letter is not signed, is it best to still get them stamped just incase?

Thank you in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:30 pm

nnhusai wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:54 pm
Thanks for the information. Due to the delay in receiving my employment letter, I will be submitting my wife's on line application in the next 2 days.

I have 2 questions that I would like to ask:

1) Her visa expires on the 14th February 2022, as long as I have submitted and paid for the online application before that date, can the biometric appointment be booked after the visa expiry date? Yes, application payment/submission date is what matters.

2) The bank posted me my bank statements with a cover letter and the bank statements are not stamped and the cover letter is not signed, is it best to still get them stamped just incase? From which bank? It may not get signed and won't pose a problem to your application.

Thank you in advance