ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 4 Student & Dependant : Different address in passport

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aishusrinivasan
Newly Registered
India

TIER 4 Student & Dependant : Different address in passport

Post by aishusrinivasan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:07 pm

Hi,

I am applying as a Tier 4 student and my husband and kid will be on Tier 4 Dependant. We are applying for Visa together and travelling together.
However, Our respective address in passports differs, but our names appear in each others passport as 'spouse name' confirming our marital status. We also have registered marriage certificate and our child's birth certificate with both our names on it.
In addition, We do not have any joint bank accounts or any correspondence we both jointly received, at the address we currently reside in. We both are now residing at a house owned by my parents, which we will mention in the Visa application as well.
Would this be a concern? Do we need to submit any proof apart from registered marriage certificate that we are married and living together?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: TIER 4 Student & Dependant : Different address in passport

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:35 am

aishusrinivasan wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:07 pm
Would this be a concern? Do we need to submit any proof apart from registered marriage certificate that we are married and living together?
It depends.

In your spouse's application, the caseworker needs to be satisfied not only that they are married to you, but also that they meet the requirements of paragraphs ST 32.4 to St 32.6

ST 32.4. The relationship between the applicant and [the Student] must be genuine and subsisting.
ST 32.5. The applicant and [the Student] must intend to live together throughout the applicant’s stay in the UK.
ST 32.6. The applicant must not intend to stay in the UK beyond any permission granted to [the Student].

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-student

If the evidence only shows that you are married, you will need more evidence. I recommend getting advice from the international student adviser at your university who can look at your evidence and help decide whether it shows you meet all the requirements.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

aishusrinivasan
Newly Registered
India

Post by aishusrinivasan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:04 am

Thank you for your time & response, I would submit additional evidence like our wedding photos and documents where I have been added as his nominee/beneficiary. I can also submit stamped US tourist visa pages copy from the passport which specifies the travel dates as a proof that we travelled to US together.
Please guide if something is not relevant.
Thanks again!

aishusrinivasan
Newly Registered
India

Reliance on financial support - home country or UK?

Post by aishusrinivasan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:26 am

I am applying as a Tier 4 student and my husband and kid will be on Tier 4 Dependant. We are applying for Visa together from India.While applying for my student Visa, there was a section that asked "Does anyone rely on you for financial support?"

I mentioned YES and gave the details of my 3 year old son and Husband, because I am holding all (students and dependants)required funds for visa in my bank account as mandated by Gov.uk and in UK I would be using my funds in the bank account for them as well. The funds I have maintained in the account is well above the limit mentioned in gov.uk and would assist all of us during our period of stay. and that is why I mentioned YES.

But now, I have been told I should have given 'NO' and not added my spouse because he is employed and self sufficient in India and the question on the application is meant for their status in India. In India he is the one supporting myself and my kid. Could someone clarify what the application question really means? While filling dependent application, if the same question is asked do they mean the financial status in India or UK?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:32 am

aishusrinivasan wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:04 am
Please guide if something is not relevant.
It depends on your personal situation. I am not giving you one-to-one advice here, just pointing out what the requirements are, and how people can show they meet them.

If you want someone to look at your personal application, see my previous referral to the visa expert at the university. That's their job, they provide free visa guidance for their students
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

aishusrinivasan
Newly Registered
India

Post by aishusrinivasan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:45 am

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:05 am

Topics merged. Pls keep all your questions in one topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Reliance on financial support - home country or UK?

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:16 am

aishusrinivasan wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:26 am
While filling dependent application, if the same question is asked do they mean the financial status in India or UK?
Both. It is a very general question, no hidden or secret meanings. You may be over-thinking it, perhaps because whoever is trying to advise you (I assume not a professional) is making you worry unnecessarily. You have said they rely on you for financial support, and your application demonstrates that.

This is not an issue.

aishusrinivasan
Newly Registered
India

Post by aishusrinivasan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:23 am

Thank you again!