ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a truly hopeless case? comments or suggestions please!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

strange_case
Newly Registered

a truly hopeless case? comments or suggestions please!

Post by strange_case » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:27 am

Hi everyone.
I have a very strange , complex and a hopeless case! Could the admins and other people of this forum please kindly take a moment and comment what I should expect , is it even worth trying or if there is any solution to it.

1 I came here in 2001 on student visa . I extended the 2 year visa 3 times sucessfully. 2007, 4th time it was rejected saying the college that send my extension application was found to be bogus and I had been decieving H0 since the first extension.I was asked to report to HO etc. I didnot know what to do and decided that the best thing for me would be to go 'underground' .

2.End of 2021 will be my 20 year here , I was thinking of using the 20 year private life route to get leave of remain and start living a 'normal life' if I can.

3. I have few other complexifiers ( other than 1 above of deception) as follows.
a.I was very deluded and disoriented most of my life here( still am ). I did use the bogus college as easy way out to extend my stay here on those occasions. I was young , confused etc.I did not know what to do not do. Never contacted my family back home. Never went back even once when I could .I don't even have NI number ( unbelievable I know )
b. I survived working cash on hand jobs(barely surviving) and never staying in one place for long time.I dont have any documents that is required for application like work , addresses etc .I do have few expired bank cards , I dont know if those can be used as proof of being here .
c. I have a 7 yr old son here from a very short casual relationship( british mother). Not in contact with them at the moment as I have no means at all of supporting him or myself .( very very difficult getting work and place to live without papers ).I would like to see him and play some part in his life too .

With these circumstances do I have any chance at all through the 20 year private life route? If I say look I really faced up it has been 20 years now . please let me live a normal life? I have heard they straight away say no to deception on past applications etc. Going back is not an option for me , I have nothing there and have lived more than half of my adult life here ( I am 40 now and have trully screwed my life up).

Thanks all.

London22
Member of Standing

Re: a truly hopeless case? comments or suggestions please!

Post by London22 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:07 pm

strange_case wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:27 am
Hi everyone.
I have a very strange , complex and a hopeless case! Could the admins and other people of this forum please kindly take a moment and comment what I should expect , is it even worth trying or if there is any solution to it.

1 I came here in 2001 on student visa . I extended the 2 year visa 3 times sucessfully. 2007, 4th time it was rejected saying the college that send my extension application was found to be bogus and I had been decieving H0 since the first extension.I was asked to report to HO etc. I didnot know what to do and decided that the best thing for me would be to go 'underground' .

2.End of 2021 will be my 20 year here , I was thinking of using the 20 year private life route to get leave of remain and start living a 'normal life' if I can.

3. I have few other complexifiers ( other than 1 above of deception) as follows.
a.I was very deluded and disoriented most of my life here( still am ). I did use the bogus college as easy way out to extend my stay here on those occasions. I was young , confused etc.I did not know what to do not do. Never contacted my family back home. Never went back even once when I could .I don't even have NI number ( unbelievable I know )
b. I survived working cash on hand jobs(barely surviving) and never staying in one place for long time.I dont have any documents that is required for application like work , addresses etc .I do have few expired bank cards , I dont know if those can be used as proof of being here .
c. I have a 7 yr old son here from a very short casual relationship( british mother). Not in contact with them at the moment as I have no means at all of supporting him or myself .( very very difficult getting work and place to live without papers ).I would like to see him and play some part in his life too .

With these circumstances do I have any chance at all through the 20 year private life route? If I say look I really faced up it has been 20 years now . please let me live a normal life? I have heard they straight away say no to deception on past applications etc. Going back is not an option for me , I have nothing there and have lived more than half of my adult life here ( I am 40 now and have trully screwed my life up).

Thanks all.
Dear ,
Your case isn't hopeless .I consider it a very strong case to live in UK on the basis of private life /20 years route .You should apply with every single document you have & most importantly letters from friends or people who know you stating how long they know you Don't worry about college & its fraudulent papers used for extension.It has been quite a long period passed so it isn't too much relevant to your character .Just tell in your statements the years you have lived here ,how you survived,telling them about your jobs is good to have more proofs.Dont scare of telling them working here illegally as they already know people without leave work illegally.Apply for fee waiver as well .Don't bring too much about college in the application.Mainly focus on proving that you have been living here for 20 years hence according to law should be granted leave to remain which will be 2 & half years leading to 10 years route & after 10 years legal stay you would apply for ILR.
GOODLUCK .STAY POSITIVE .YOU HAVE GOOD CHANCE .

strange_case
Newly Registered

Post by strange_case » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:12 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your reply and positive words london22. Bless you.

strange_case
Newly Registered

Post by strange_case » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:17 pm

Really sorry if it is rude to do this .
Anyone from this list
CR001 ,Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe et al could you please kindly opine. Briefly(even a single honest word or sentence would mean a lot ) if I have any chance at all or none.

Thank you , again sorry for 'cold calling' people by their name.

glas195

Post by glas195 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:01 pm

I have seen similar cases on this forum and their application came out positive, so cheer up a little.

As London22 said, you should focus more on proving your 20 years residency in the UK than focusing on illegal work or the sham university to used to extend your stay. I know this is a tricky situation but the goal should be to minimise the damage/risk.

Here, I have seen people in your situation use NHS/hospital receipts, letters from friends saying they supported you (remember, you are illegal, so you can't work), and any other document to prove their residency in the UK for the as 20 years. Your first entry visa (2001) is very important and it will greatly help if you have it.

IF you want to go for private life instead of 20 years residency, what place did you hold in your child's life? Can you prove it? Can his/her mum attest to this?
Did you think about contacting your child's mother and genuinely explaining the situation to her to see if she can help?

Best of luck

strange_case
Newly Registered

Post by strange_case » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:19 pm

glas195 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:01 pm
I have seen similar cases on this forum and their application came out positive, so cheer up a little.

As London22 said, you should focus more on proving your 20 years residency in the UK than focusing on illegal work or the sham university to used to extend your stay. I know this is a tricky situation but the goal should be to minimise the damage/risk.

Here, I have seen people in your situation use NHS/hospital receipts, letters from friends saying they supported you (remember, you are illegal, so you can't work), and any other document to prove their residency in the UK for the as 20 years. Your first entry visa (2001) is very important and it will greatly help if you have it.

IF you want to go for private life instead of 20 years residency, what place did you hold in your child's life? Can you prove it? Can his/her mum attest to this?
Did you think about contacting your child's mother and genuinely explaining the situation to her to see if she can help?

Best of luck

Thank you so much for positive words. Really appreciate it. Yeah after some positive words from people like you , I have started to see/feel there could be light at the end of the tunnel for me.

When I said it is hopeless case, I was not exaggerating because of the followings...

1. I do have letters and documents from HO outlining my immigration history so there is a letter noting the date of my arrival in 2001.
2. I dont have any friends or employers who can say/attest to home office saying they helped me etc. As I did not make lot of friends ( very deluded and lost and lonely person I was and still am ) was never in one place for more than 5-6 months , always working cash in hand.I do have expired bank cards and library cards from various periods 2001 till present. I am hoping I can use them as a proof that I was here if not I don't have anything else.
3.Regarding the relationship with my child . I have none as I dont have anything to provide for him , without being able to work. His mother is of complex personality( I dont mean this in negative way , with all due respect to her) .I tried connecting with them in 2019 ( had 7 visits ) but as I could not help them financially due to my situation , the mother probably thought whats the point ,so she did not invite me for any more visits.So I think the best thing would be to try reconnecting with him(if they both agree) after I get my status sorted and when I can legally work and give him/them something.

Are 20 year residency and private life two different clauses , I though they were the same.
Again thank you so much

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:02 am

strange_case wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:19 pm
Are 20 year residency and private life two different clauses , I though they were the same.
They are the same.

Immigration Rule 276ADE(1)(iii)
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

strange_case
Newly Registered

Post by strange_case » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:00 am

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:02 am
strange_case wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:19 pm
They are the same.

Immigration Rule 276ADE(1)(iii)
thank you so much for clarifiction Simon. From your prespective/scope would you class my case as hopeful, maybe or no no.
Thanks again.