ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

online application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zeek15214
Newly Registered
Canada

Apply online for Uk citizenship through marriage

Post by zeek15214 » Mon May 31, 2021 4:32 am

Hi everybody
I need your help to understand my Immigration situation before I Apply for that .
my case is as follow
I have dual nationality I born in Egypt and also Have Canadian passport
in 2003 during a visit to my home country I married to my wife she is a British Egyptian descent.
we traveled back to Uk and and I apply for staying in UK using my Egyptian passport ..but we did not wait for ILR as after we had our first baby born in UK we travel to work overseas .
..We had 2 more baby born overseas and we thought it is the time to go back to UK 2011 ..
so I got my ILE on my Canadian Passport through UK embassy (also I had to pass life on UK test).
in 2018 I faced problems with my wife as she became so aggressive and start hits our kids specially the old one and he then reported that to our GP and so my wife got interviewed by child care agent which did mental check her and force her to stop working and enrolled her on some course ..and based on that I had to stop working and rent another house and move with my oldest son to save him from problems during his GCSE course .... and I hope she can come to leave with us later on .. .. but she refused and stayed alone.

My problem now that I want to apply for my Uk citizenship and passport.

• I am still married to her but leave at another address .. so is this is legal separation? or not
• do I have to count 3 years no of absent days or 5 years now?
• in case of I am considered married .. I need to include her passport .. ( it is expired last month ) but I have a copy of it .. also I have her original long UK birth certificate ..also my 2 Kids ( born outside UK ) and their birth certificate and UK passports prove that she has the right to adobe .. can all of this be enough or I have to ask her to renew he passport and give it to me .. ( I have doubt she will do ).
• I know that I can provide my Uk Life test result but English level test should be waved based on using my Canadian Passport in the application .. ( do I have to born in Canada ).
I am frequent traveler so do I have to mansion all of my vist to UK since 1996 ( almost every year ) and also my old 2003 ILR application .. I already asked for my border entry records information but it came very less and not updated.
• finally .. last month I stopped on the hard shoulder to reset my GPS and I got 50 Pound FPN ..with no points and no record and I already pay it .. do I have to state this minor traffic offence?

I can not thank you enough in advance as your advise will help me to understand my eligibility to apply and remove any doubt of needing any Lawyer advise before Appling.

zeek15214
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Apply online for Uk citizenship through marriage

Post by zeek15214 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:45 pm

Hi ..
for some reason I do not know .. could not get any replay to my post despite 129 read

will any body advise how to remove or delete my post .
thank you

zeek15214
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Apply online for Uk citizenship through marriage

Post by zeek15214 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:45 pm

Hi ..
for some reason I do not know .. could not get any replay to my post despite 129 read

will any body advise how to remove or delete my post .
thank you

zeek15214
Newly Registered
Canada

online application

Post by zeek15214 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:25 am

Hi

appreciate if any body can advise what other document can be replacing my wife passport in my citizenship application as I married to UK spouse .

I Have my wife UK birth certificate but her name is only first and last name .. she added her middle names in the her passport before our marriage and we use it in my first application .

can we use our kids UK long birth certificate which reflect their mother full name instead ?

Thank you

HCJNL

Re: online application

Post by HCJNL » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:26 am

You've had no replies because your case looks quite complex. Have you tried filling in your application online? You can answer the questions, and get a detailed list of documents you need to provide, before you hit the submit button. Then you will know better where you stand.
You have to mention your FPN. It won't make a difference to the decision.
You are still married. You have not applied for a legal separation. I do not know if it is acceptable to provide your wife's passport details without her consent. Her passport has not been cancelled. It has only expired. But she may have renewed it in the mean time, unknown to you. I strongly recommend you consult a lawyer in your case, after filling in the online application, but before submitting. I think your case will turn out to be straightforward.