ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility period ILR via SET-M 28 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bobo_chan
Newly Registered

Eligibility period ILR via SET-M 28 days

Post by Bobo_chan » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:31 pm

Dear Members and admins

My husband will be applying for ILR this year however we are slightly confused in calculating the eligibility period and do not want to apply too early to avoid problems.

He is from outside EU and has no absences.

We came across a few posts on this forum which were helpful but wanted to make sure we are okay to go ahead as some of the answers were a bit confusing.

Date of issue of first Visa 27/04/2016
Date first entered the UK 18/06/2016
FLR-M issued 14/03/2019 Expires 20/09/2021

The question is; do we calculate the eligibility period from, the date of issue of the first Visa, date of first entry in the UK or the expiry date of the FLR-M?

Can we apply within "no earlier than 28 days" of the calculated date?

Help would be much appreciated

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Eligibility period ILR via SET-M 28 days

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:48 pm

Date of first entry in UK is the start of calculation.

Apply earliest from: 18/6/2021 minus 28 days.
Latest: Anytime before current visa expiry.

Best to book biometrics when you complete full 60 months from date of first entry in UK. These days biometrics appointment run at a 28 day lag anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Bobo_chan
Newly Registered

Post by Bobo_chan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:53 pm

Thankyou for the prompt response.

I was going through a few posts and there seems to be confusion with regards to supporting documents in particular passport.
Do all pages(including Blanks) of the passport needs to be scanned and uploaded in the documents section?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:50 am

Uploading blank pages is pointless :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Bobo_chan
Newly Registered

Post by Bobo_chan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:22 am

Thanks mod.
We thought so but were persuaded by the argument that HO might want to see the evidence that you have or have not travel anywhere as per individual circumstances. We are also a bit cautious because my Husband's visit visa was refused in 2015. Everything else has been fine since then though but we applied the first leave to remain via solicitor and FLRM on our own.
One (hopefully) last naïve question for cohabitation the checklist is stating '6 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address to show that you have been living together during the past 2.5 years'
Do they need 6 letters for each month over 2.5 years or in total covering the 2.5 year period?
I can appreciate there would be no right or wrong answer here but advice from valued members and mods would be appreciated.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:19 am

NO, they do not need 6 letters for each month. They need evidence showing you cohabited in the last two years. There is no specific requirement at all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice