ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRP card application for dependent child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Whitebeam
Newly Registered
Ireland

IRP card application for dependent child

Post by Whitebeam » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:01 am

Hi there, I am looking for information on first IRP card application for my dependent child who turns 16.

We are a non EU/EEA family living in Dublin with valid permission. My son entered Ireland with D visa to join family ( his father has stamp 4 permission ) years ago. He will turn to age 16 very soon.

I understand that he needs to register and apply for an IRP card when he is 16 years old, but I am not sure what type of permission to apply for and the documents required. ( he is with us on home learning a and e-learning, not attending any school in Ireland ).

Thank you!

avta
Ireland

Re: IRP card application for dependent child

Post by avta » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:36 pm

Hey,

We just book the appointment online and visit BQRO in person, last October. They issue the free of charge IRP card with stamp 2A without any options to discuss.
There was following documents we show:
Child passport, birth certificate, adult passport, adult IRP (stamp 4), health insurance, secondary school letter.

Ps. They didn't answered on two my advance emails about set of the documents they want from us. But this set of documents was satisfied them.

Whitebeam
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Whitebeam » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:45 pm

Thank you for the clarification. My child’s situation is : he is not attending school, instead, he is home learning. So without secondary school letter, is there chance?

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:17 pm

Hi,
They should register you child anyway. I don't remind any stories when anyone was rejected to register on this formal stage, so don't worry too much. Just book the appointment and come in person, as they should take the photo for first IRP.