ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain with Tier 2 dependent visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Richie1
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to remain with Tier 2 dependent visa

Post by Richie1 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:17 pm

Hi

I have dependent tier 2 visa (valid from September in 2016) and I am planning to apply for the right of permanent residence UK (Indefinite leave to Remain) this year. I already passed the test of life in the UK and I would like to know what else I've got to prepare for in detail.

Could you please share official links for me?

Plus, I heard that an English test result is not require in case I completed master course in UK. I would like to check if it is correct. Please advise me

Thank you
Richie

zimba
Mood:

Re: Indefinite leave to remain with Tier 2 dependent visa

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:05 am

Tier 2 does not exist anymore as it has been replaced by the Skilled Worker visa. You need to apply for ILR using form SET(O). The online system will tell you what to send. You can use your Master degree as the proof of English language.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Richie1
Newly Registered

Post by Richie1 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:09 pm

Thank you for the reply
I am filling in the application form and I would like to know the meaning of the question below in detail.
I would like to know If I need to tick "Yes" in case that I have a joint bank account with my wife. Plus, I would like to know what is "Evidence of My immigration status in the UK" (Does it mean I need to submit my passport?)

Please reply me :)
Thank you

Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:17 pm

Richie1 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:09 pm
Thank you for the reply
I am filling in the application form and I would like to know the meaning of the question below in detail.
I would like to know If I need to tick "Yes" in case that I have a joint bank account with my wife
Yes
. Plus, I would like to know what is "Evidence of My immigration status in the UK" (Does it mean I need to submit my passport?) BRP

Please reply me :)
Thank you

Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Richie1
Newly Registered

Post by Richie1 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:23 pm

Thank you for the reply

As you can see below, other documents I am required to submit contains my BRP card. So I would like to know what the evidence means exactly. (evidence of immigration status in the UK). I'll appreciate it if you explain what it means Thank you :)

Current Biometric Residence Permit for richie

Evidence of Mr richie's immigration status in the UK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:32 pm

It is only your brp card you have to submit.

The question is there twice as some people have different forms of immigration status, such as a visa vignette in their passport or a paper form of ilr
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Richie1
Newly Registered

Post by Richie1 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:38 pm

Thank you for the reply :)

the list of the documents I need to submits is like below. One more thing I would like to check is if 1) is different from 4) in other documents. I have a joint bank account with my wife
It looks like that 1) and 4) are the same document and I would like to double check it. Please reply me :)

[Mandatory document]
-The passport issued by Home country for me (richie)

[Other documents]
1) Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on my wife for joint accounts or third party support
2) The degree certificate for me (richie) to prove the level of English language required
3) Evidence of my immigration status in the UK
4) Declaration signed by my wife confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
5) Current Biometric Residence Permit for me (richie)
6) All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK

Richie1
Newly Registered

Post by Richie1 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:13 pm

Hello

Is there anyone who knows the answer to my question ? :)

I think the consent form (part2) can cover the declation but I would like to double check it before I go ahead.

Please help

Thank you