ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing my nephew to the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Elle_Dee
Newly Registered

Bringing my nephew to the UK

Post by Elle_Dee » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:22 am

Hi everyone,

I have a question about bringing my nephew to live with me in the UK. His dad who was my older brother suddenly passed away. His mother wasn’t really in the picture and my brother has been basically a single father for the past 8 years. My nephew is 8 and his mother has said that she doesn’t mind if our family continues to look after him. My other older brother is not suitable for a number of reasons, and I would like to step in and raise my nephew. He currently lives in Nigeria and I am a British citizen. Any clue what visa I should be applying for under these circumstances? TIA

iwolga

Re: Bringing my nephew to the UK

Post by iwolga » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:54 pm

I suspect it’s not a very straightforward case. You would probably need to adopt/ establish other form of parental responsibility. Kids mother will need to give up her parental rights officially, not just say that she wouldn’t mind.