ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent request -Job creation

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Re: Tier 1 Enquiry

Post by msx273 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:28 pm

Hi Marcnath,

Sorry if I have confused you what exactly i want to know is like to do we have to enclose the proof of funds which we are transferring from our country to UK ?

Since I was enquiring about asking some of my friends and my parents to transfer the funds do I have to get anything from them ?

Thanks
marcnath wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:16 am
abuhf wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:46 am
If HO ask for proof of transfer , I can show the amount which I tranferred throuh my name and what shall I mention for the funds which Intend to transfer through my parents and friends

Kindly enlighten
I don't understand. What proof of transfer?

There are specified documents in the immigration laws which we can comment on.

If you keep dreaming up all kind of documents that HO may or may not ask, no one can answer those.

The only proof of transfer that immigration rules ask for is when funds are invested as a Director loan - you need to provide proof of transfer from your personal account to your business account. The guidance specifies what that evidence is.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:18 pm

abuhf wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:28 pm
Hi Marcnath,

Sorry if I have confused you what exactly i want to know is like to do we have to enclose the proof of funds which we are transferring from our country to UK ?

Since I was enquiring about asking some of my friends and my parents to transfer the funds do I have to get anything from them ?

Thanks

Can you tell me where in the guidelines or any other official document have you seen the requirement for proof of funds?
Please do not conjure up imaginary requirements and ask about those.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:35 pm

Dear Mods and Experts,

One of my cousin owe me around GBP 11,000 and he is going to transfer funds to me from his account back home to my UK saving account, can i add and use that money towards my 200K investement, I'm sorry if if this question is mundane but i want to be clear and be on a safe side , Kindly advise

marcnath wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:18 pm
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath,

Thanks

Can you tell me where in the guidelines or any other official document have you seen the requirement for proof of funds?

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:23 am

Please help me with my enquiry below
abuhf wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:35 pm
Dear Mods and Experts,

One of my cousin owe me around GBP 11,000 and he is going to transfer funds to me from his account back home to my UK saving account, can i add and use that money towards my 200K investement, I'm sorry if if this question is mundane but i want to be clear and be on a safe side , Kindly advise

marcnath wrote:
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath,

Thanks

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Dear Mods and Experts,

Since I didnt get any answer for it , i have decided not to use to initiate that tranfer to my savings account and i will not use it towrads my 200K investment,

Thank you for continued support

abuhf wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:35 pm
Dear Mods and Experts,

marcnath wrote:
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath,

Thanks

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:20 am

Dear Mods and Experts,

Due to frequent lock-down and current scenario in UK, its not enabling us to start the company and recruit staff, it looks it may take another 6 - 12 months for things to get back to normal after the testing the vaccine for covid19 , we have our visa valid for another two years and if we start business after 8 months from now some where in August or September 2021 is it ok ?

Just want to be a on a safe side, your comments are much appreciated

Thanking you

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:43 am

abuhf wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:20 am
Dear Mods and Experts,

Due to frequent lock-down and current scenario in UK, its not enabling us to start the company and recruit staff, it looks it may take another 6 - 12 months for things to get back to normal after the testing the vaccine for covid19 , we have our visa valid for another two years and if we start business after 8 months from now some where in August or September 2021 is it ok ?

Thanking you
No, it is not all right. You are expect to have started your business within six months of grant or entry.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:29 pm

Thank you so much Marcnath,

My intended business is running even before I arrived to UK which I'm director of and that business which I showed on business plan is working well but only thing is I didn't invested any money from my investment in to that business.

Since my intended business doesn't require any investment also due to current covid19 situation I do not require any employee for it as my business as it is is associated with travel industry, how ever as per the rules of tier 1 entrepreneur i should invest 200K in business and hire 2 full time staff but the business which seem to working well even in the lockdown is food and grocery so I will start supermarket before June 2021 and aiming to hire more than 10 full time employees lasting more than 30 hours to boost the economy and also to help me with ILR which I intend to apply on September 2022

When I go for ILR do I need to show my intended business even I didn't invest any money from investment funds to it and didn't hire any staff

Please enlighten
marcnath wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:43 am
abuhf wrote:
Dear Mods and Experts,

Thanking you
No, it is not all right. You are expect to have started your business within six months of grant or entry.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:53 pm

abuhf wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:29 pm

My intended business is running even before I arrived to UK which I'm director of and that business which I showed on business plan is working well but only thing is I didn't invested any money from my investment in to that business.

Since my intended business doesn't require any investment also due to current covid19 situation I do not require any employee for it as my business as it is is associated with travel industry, how ever as per the rules of tier 1 entrepreneur i should invest 200K in business and hire 2 full time staff but the business which seem to working well even in the lockdown is food and grocery so I will start supermarket before June 2021 and aiming to hire more than 10 full time employees lasting more than 30 hours to boost the economy and also to help me with ILR which I intend to apply on September 2022

When I go for ILR do I need to show my intended business even I didn't invest any money from investment funds to it and didn't hire any staff

Please enlighten
marcnath wrote:
abuhf wrote:
Dear Mods and Experts,

Thanking you
You only need to provide the documents specified in the guidance document. I have no idea what you mean by "show my intended business". There is no specified document that asks for a listing of all the businesses you are involved in.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:56 am

Thank you for your message Marcnath,

The clarification I need is if they ask me what I was doing since I come in, I was running my business which I'm director of which I used for my initial T1 visa and the business plan which I showed during but I'm not going to use it for Extension / ILR Stage as that business doesn't require any staff and funding.

So I will start supermarket before June 2021 and aiming to hire more than 10 full time employees lasting more than 30 hours to help me with ILR which I intend to apply on September 2022, is it ok ?

Is it alright ? please enlighten

marcnath wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:53 pm
abuhf wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:29 pm

Please enlighten
marcnath wrote:
abuhf wrote:
Dear Mods and Experts,

Thanking you
You only need to provide the documents specified in the guidance document. I have no idea what you mean by "show my intended business". There is no specified document that asks for a listing of all the businesses you are involved in.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:50 am

abuhf wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:56 am

The clarification I need is if they ask me what I was doing since I come in, I was running my business which I'm director of which I used for my initial T1 visa and the business plan which I showed during but I'm not going to use it for Extension / ILR Stage as that business doesn't require any staff and funding.

So I will start supermarket before June 2021 and aiming to hire more than 10 full time employees lasting more than 30 hours to help me with ILR which I intend to apply on September 2022, is it ok ?

I am always perplexed by your questions. You seem to want people in this forum to try and tell you how HO case officers will behave. We can't !!!

We can only help guide on the same documents that are available to you and help interpret them.

So when you ask is it OK? The answer is YES because there is nothing in the immigration rules that says you cannot do that. What the impact of that has on your personal application is not something anyone can comment on.

I still don't understand what you mean by "show my intended business". How do you show your business - are you talking about physically finding the officers handling your case and taking them to your business premises?

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:29 pm

Thank you Marnath for your revert and sorry if my question perplexed you

What I mean by " Show my intended business" is whether I need to submit the documents of my company which I used to obtain my initial visa. so do i need to submit those documents during Extension / ILR even if I didnt invest any investment funds from 200K or hire employees.

Hope I'm clear

you are always supportive and I thank you from bottom of my heart
marcnath wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:50 am
abuhf wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:56 am

I am always perplexed by your questions. You seem to want people in this forum to try and tell you how HO case officers will behave. We can't !!!

We can only help guide on the same documents that are available to you and help interpret them.

So when you ask is it OK? The answer is YES because there is nothing in the immigration rules that says you cannot do that. What the impact of that has on your personal application is not something anyone can comment on.

I still don't understand what you mean by "show my intended business". How do you show your business - are you talking about physically finding the officers handling your case and taking them to your business premises?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:51 pm

abuhf wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:29 pm

What I mean by " Show my intended business" is whether I need to submit the documents of my company which I used to obtain my initial visa. so do i need to submit those documents during Extension / ILR even if I didnt invest any investment funds from 200K or hire employees.

Hope I'm clear

As I have repeatedly said, you do not have to submit any document that is not specified. The immigration rules do not require that.

Even if you had invested in the business or hired employees, you would not be required to submit any document if it is not needed for you to be the requirements set out. So whether you invested/hired employees or not has nothing to do with the decision to submit documents.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:55 am

Thank you Marcnath, it’s very clear
marcnath wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:51 pm
abuhf wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:29 pm

Hope I'm clear

As I have repeatedly said, you do not have to submit any document that is not specified. The immigration rules do not require that.

Even if you had invested in the business or hired employees, you would not be required to submit any document if it is not needed for you to be the requirements set out. So whether you invested/hired employees or not has nothing to do with the decision to submit documents.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:29 pm

Dear Mods and Members,

Could anybody advise any mode to transfer funds from India to UK beside bank since due to new regulation in India bank charges 5% tax on the total transaction value.

Please share your valueable feedback and suggestions

Regards,
Abuhf

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:34 pm

abuhf wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:29 pm
Dear Mods and Members,

Could anybody advise any mode to transfer funds from India to UK beside bank since due to new regulation in India bank charges 5% tax on the total transaction value.

Regards,
Abuhf
This has nothing to do with immigration but this is still a strange question. I am assuming the additional tax would be something the govt has imposed on all currency transfers abroad and not specific to banks. So it would impact any legal means of transferring funds. I also assume you have already googled and found services like transferwise (though I assume they will have the same tax)

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:04 pm

Thank you so much Marcnath, I really appreciate it

I requested some multinational companies with office in UK, they said they will transfer funds to my saving account in GBP from UK and they asked me to transfer funds to their account in local currency.

Is there any documents i need to get from them for my records if required by HO in during Extension

Thanks

marcnath wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:34 pm
abuhf wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:29 pm
Dear Mods and Members,

Regards,
Abuhf
This has nothing to do with immigration but this is still a strange question. I am assuming the additional tax would be something the govt has imposed on all currency transfers abroad and not specific to banks. So it would impact any legal means of transferring funds. I also assume you have already googled and found services like transferwise (though I assume they will have the same tax)

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:53 am

Dear Mods and Team,

I have around 100k investment funds Back home, if I convert it in a form of crypto and then transfer to my crypto wallet supported in uk and after that if Transfer withdraw the funds to uk account.

My question is can I use that funds for My tier 1 purpose to claim points on business money invested for extension/ ILR or they need a legal form of transfer of investment funds to My savings form bank only ?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:22 am

abuhf wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:53 am
Dear Mods and Team,

I have around 100k investment funds Back home, if I convert it in a form of crypto and then transfer to my crypto wallet supported in uk and after that if Transfer withdraw the funds to uk account.

My question is can I use that funds for My tier 1 purpose to claim points on business money invested for extension/ ILR or they need a legal form of transfer of investment funds to My savings form bank only ?
There is no transfer method specified in the immigration rules nor any restrictions of transfer methods.

Of course, there is an overall clause that requires to be following all the laws - it is not specific to investment.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:40 pm

Hi Marcnath,

You are absolutely fantastic and we are so happy to have such a wonderful mods like you

Could you please enlighten me on this section below

" Of course, there is an overall clause that requires to be following all the laws - it is not specific to investment "

marcnath wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:22 am
abuhf wrote:
Dear Mods and Team,

There is no transfer method specified in the immigration rules nor any restrictions of transfer methods.

Of course, there is an overall clause that requires to be following all the laws - it is not specific to investment.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:02 am

abuhf wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:40 pm
Hi Marcnath,

You are absolutely fantastic and we are so happy to have such a wonderful mods like you

" Of course, there is an overall clause that requires to be following all the laws - it is not specific to investment "

marcnath wrote:
abuhf wrote:
Dear Mods and Team,

Don't know what you want enlightened.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:41 pm

Hi Marcnath

When it says following the laws, does it mean both from the country of transfer and UK

Its clear but just want to reconfirm

Thanks
marcnath wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:02 am
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath,

marcnath wrote:
abuhf wrote:
Dear Mods and Team,

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:08 am

abuhf wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:41 pm
Hi Marcnath

When it says following the laws, does it mean both from the country of transfer and UK

Thanks
marcnath wrote:
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath,

marcnath wrote:
abuhf wrote:
Dear Mods and Team,

UK laws

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:48 am

Thank you so much Marcnath, to be on a safe side I would rather use bank transfer.

Also Marcnath, I have changed a business model for investment and going to open a food or chick and chips shop since it was a industry which had high potential even during pandemic uninterruptedly.

Im planning to have 11 full time staffs with 5 in the morning shifts and 6 in the evening shifts which would cover more than 33 hours per week per employee, hope it will suffice the requirement for ILR once i maintain them for 12 months

Thank you always for your continued support
marcnath wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:08 am
abuhf wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:41 pm
Hi Marcnath

Thanks
marcnath wrote:
abuhf wrote:
Hi Marcnath,

marcnath wrote:
abuhf wrote:
Dear Mods and Team,

UK laws

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:15 pm

abuhf wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:48 am
Thank you so much Marcnath, to be on a safe side I would rather use bank transfer.

Also Marcnath, I have changed a business model for investment and going to open a food or chick and chips shop since it was a industry which had high potential even during pandemic uninterruptedly.

Im planning to have 11 full time staffs with 5 in the morning shifts and 6 in the evening shifts which would cover more than 33 hours per week per employee, hope it will suffice the requirement for ILR once i maintain them for 12 months

Thank you always for your continued support
Yes