ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Universal Credit affect your spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kami_dew
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Does Universal Credit affect your spouse visa extension

Post by kami_dew » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Hello,

Situation:
I am British citizen and my wife is on spouse visa living together in UK. she does not have access to public funds but it may change in the future (she will get access to public funds)

Quarry:
I do not have job right now so, If I apply for universal credit, will it affect her in the extension of her visa ?
Is it good she does not have access to public funds or is it better to have have access to public funds

Your reply will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Does Universal Credit affect your spouse visa extension

Post by JB007 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:57 am

kami_dew wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:38 pm
Hello,

Situation:
I am British citizen and my wife is on spouse visa living together in UK. she does not have access to public funds but it may change in the future (she will get access to public funds)

Quarry:
I do not have job right now so, If I apply for universal credit, will it affect her in the extension of her visa ?
Is it good she does not have access to public funds or is it better to have have access to public funds

Your reply will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
How will you meet the financial requirments to sponsor her FLR(M) when you have no jobs and no savings?

Charlie09
Newly Registered

Re: Does Universal Credit affect your spouse visa extension

Post by Charlie09 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:56 pm

I had asked the same question and I was told that there will be no impact on your spouse visa extension as you're eligible for UC.