ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application consent letter problem

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CobanTurk
Newly Registered
Turkey

ILR faster decision

Post by CobanTurk » Sat May 01, 2021 1:44 pm

Dear Folks,

I am recently applying for ILR application as a Turkish Businessperson. I met all the requirements. My question is am i able to get a faster decision i don't mind paying extra for that. I am in the UK.

So i will apply Indefinite Leave to Remain as a Turkish Businessperson(ECAA). Am i eligible to get faster decision under this route ?
" To get a decision within 5 working days
If you’re eligible you can choose the ‘priority service’ when you apply. It costs £500 in addition to the application fee.

A decision will be made within 5 working days of your UK Visa and Citizen Application Services (UKVCAS) appointment."

The information shows below

https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk

Application to settle if you work, establish a business or invest in the UK (through form SET(O)) Yes Yes

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto

It shows businessperson but not mentioning a Turkish Businessperson.

So my question is am i eligible to get faster decision with my ILR application ?

Thanks in advance

manci
Respected Guru

Re: ILR faster decision

Post by manci » Sat May 01, 2021 7:26 pm

I don't think the super priority service is available for the settlement application of Turkish Business Persons. See the first link you provided in your post. You will not be applying on form SET(O) but on a different form:
:https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1601286783
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

CobanTurk
Newly Registered
Turkey

ILR application without Life in the uk exam

Post by CobanTurk » Thu May 20, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi,

My wife could not pass the life in the UK exam and her application in 1 week time there will be no time to enter the exam again apart from exam all documents fine. Can she still get a leave to remain ?

Can they refuse the application because of Life in the exam.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application without Life in the uk exam

Post by CR001 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:25 pm

Her ILR will be refused if she does not pass the LIUK test. It is a mandatory requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Given your circumstance, I would like to suggest:

There are 16 EXAMS on the following link. Note exams not tests. Same website has tests also but do the exams only.
https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/exams/

Ask your wife to thoroughly do these 16 exams only. She will pass the test almost certainly. All questions (22 or 23 at least) will be from it. If she can practice them really well to secure 24/24 at home, she will pass the test also. No need to read any book etc.

Book the test again asap. She can get ready in 3/4 days with these 16 exams. Also note you get 2 months to submit biometrics after application date (enough time). As long you can submit LIUK test reference before a decision can be made i.e. before biometrics submission, she will be okay.

She must make an in time application i.e. before her current visa expiry though. HO is lenient due to corona delays. You can always clarify in the cover letter for the LIUK exam result delay in case she can not pass before application date but she passes before biometrics date. But it is a must to pass it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CobanTurk
Newly Registered
Turkey

British citizen spouse ILR visa application urgent help

Post by CobanTurk » Wed May 26, 2021 11:41 am

Dear IM members,

My wife's BRP expiring tomorrow. We need to make the application today but she is failed Life in the UK test.

Is it possible to guide me a bit what to do as far as i know while the application process it is asking the reference so can i put there new booked exam reference number or failed one ?

Also what else we need to be careful while the application process.

The application from here right here we do not want to mistakenly make a wrong application.

I am British citizen my wife is Turkish she is been completed 5 years with visa we are still together.

Application link is below is it right category ? can you please help me ? Which link i need to make ILR application for her ?

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... ur-partner

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1618325639

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 26, 2021 11:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:25 pm
Her ILR will be refused if she does not pass the LIUK test. It is a mandatory requirement.
She must NOT apply under SET(M) unless she was granted leave under the family route for 5 years (NOT the Turkish ECAA)
Instead, anyone under Turkish ECAA categories must apply to extend or settle here (including partners/children): https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/ecaa-4

As repeated if she does NOT pass her test her ILR will be refused. You may upload a pass reference later. If she does not pass then aim for an extension instead :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CobanTurk
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: British citizen spouse ILR visa application urgent help

Post by CobanTurk » Wed May 26, 2021 11:54 am

I am British citizen. I born in the UK my wife is not related to ECAA she was having family route so we will apply from SET(M) category right ? Her nationality just Turkish she never applied ECAA.. on her BRP it says SPOUSE/PARTNER LEAVE TO REMAIN she has completed 5 years now.

CobanTurk
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by CobanTurk » Wed May 26, 2021 12:35 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:45 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:25 pm
She must NOT apply under SET(M) unless she was granted leave under the family route for 5 years (NOT the Turkish ECAA)
Instead, anyone under Turkish ECAA categories must apply to extend or settle here (including partners/children): https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/ecaa-4

As repeated if she does NOT pass her test her ILR will be refused. You may upload a pass reference later. If she does not pass then aim for an extension instead :!:
Hi Zimba Thanks for your quick reply

As you said she is 5 years of family route so she can apply ILR under SET(M) right which is the link

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... ur-partner

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: British citizen spouse ILR visa application urgent help

Post by zimba » Wed May 26, 2021 2:08 pm

Just wanted to be sure. SET(M) is correct then however if you think she cannot pass apply for FLR(M) instead. If she fails, UKVI may put her under the 10 year family route and create complications for her ILR in the future
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

elkordyw
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: ILR faster decision

Post by elkordyw » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:06 am

Dear Coban,

Hope you are doing well. I have just been granted the Turkish BusinessPerson visa (applied in Dec 2020). I would like to get some guidance through your experience especially on how to ensure compliance with the visa requirement to guarantee successful extensions in due courses.

Really appreciate your support.

Best Regards,

Wael

CobanTurk
Newly Registered
Turkey

ILR question

Post by CobanTurk » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:01 am

Hello Everyone

Hope you all fine.

I completed 5 years as a Turkish Businessperson and I made an application for ILR a couple of days ago.

I just want to confirm with you if this is the right application. If you can help me I would be really glad.

Made my application through this link.

https://www.gov.uk/turkish-worker-busin ... ment/apply

After the application completed, I checked my application form it shows ECAA 4, not ILR is this normal?

TYPE OF VISA / APPLICATION: ECAA 4
SERVICE OPTION: Standard
TOTAL FEE: 2389.00 GBP

Also, I need to provide passport history for 5 years required. But my last passport is expired in 2007 my national authority(Turkish Consulate) is not renewing my passport the reason is for that army duty back in Turkey. I had only a couple of times temporary passports to do my application. That was only valid for 1 month. I had it just to do Leave to remain application previously to get an extension as a Turkish Businessperson. So how should I do a cover letter which is explaining the situation? So how can I prove the gap between 2007 - 2021 to prove I have not traveled to Turkey. Since 2014 I never traveled to Turkey is there a way to prove?

Thanks for your help in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR question

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:59 pm

Explain exactly what you wrote here

CobanTurk
Newly Registered
Turkey

ILR application consent letter problem

Post by CobanTurk » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:53 pm

Hello everyone,

On the 27 june 2021 I made my ILR application under ECAA as a Turkish Businessperson.

But later on i realized i have not uploaded the consent letter which needs to be signed image below.

It says my application may be refused if its not uploaded with supporting documents. I am very worried can i send as an additional document now to ECAA team i got their email address.

Interesting thing is nobody told me when biometric has been processed they said all documents there already :(

Could you please help me it is very important to me :(

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR application consent letter problem

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:03 am

Send the document via email

CobanTurk
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by CobanTurk » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:39 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:03 am
Send the document via email
I sent it Zimba hopefully they don't refuse my application because of that it is taking too long stressful already also £2389 do I need to pay again if they refuse? Can I do a fresh application in 14 days' time?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:47 pm

If your application is refused, you lose the fee. If you apply again, you have to pay again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.