ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Length spent in UK switching from dependent to Skilled

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

checkmeifucancs
Newly Registered

Length spent in UK switching from dependent to Skilled

Post by checkmeifucancs » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:08 am

Dear All,

I was on dependent visa and moved to Tier 2 General (Skilled Visa) in 2019. Now I am renewing my COS from Tier 2 General to Skilled visa.
Query:- What should I mention in Visa application for "How long have you lived in UK"
a.) Time including Dependent Visa (I was away for one week between switching dependent to Tier 2 General)
b.) Time spent only on Tier 2 General (Skilled) Visa.

Regards,

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Length spent in UK switching from dependent to Skilled

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:11 am

checkmeifucancs wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:08 am
Query:- What should I mention in Visa application for "How long have you lived in UK"
It is not a trick question. Answer how you would answer if someone asked you at a party.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

checkmeifucancs
Newly Registered

Post by checkmeifucancs » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:56 am

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:11 am
checkmeifucancs wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:08 am
It is not a trick question. Answer how you would answer if someone asked you at a party.
Application only provides Month/Year section. I tried asking around and I was told both the options. Home office folks doesn't usually meet me in the party.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:23 pm

checkmeifucancs wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:56 am
I tried asking around and I was told both the options. Home office folks doesn't usually meet me in the party.
I mean you are complicating it with over-thinking. It is a straightforward question: "How long have you lived in the UK?"
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

checkmeifucancs
Newly Registered

Post by checkmeifucancs » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:44 am

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:23 pm
checkmeifucancs wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:56 am
I tried asking around and I was told both the options. Home office folks doesn't usually meet me in the party.
I mean you are complicating it with over-thinking. It is a straightforward question: "How long have you lived in the UK?"
Hi Sah10406,
I know I am :( . I was given different advices from two different solicitors.

Are you suggesting that I should mention my stay length from Tier 2 visa onwards ( I had a week gap between Dependent and Tier 2) ?

Or my stay including Dependent and Tier 2 ?

Regards,

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:10 am

checkmeifucancs wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:44 am
Are you suggesting that I should mention my stay length from Tier 2 visa onwards ( I had a week gap between Dependent and Tier 2) ?
I am suggesting you answer all the questions, including "How long have you lived in the UK?" without stressing that they must have secret meanings, tricks or traps that only a solicitor could understand. They don't.

UK visa application forms are designed to be completed by the general public, not by immigration solicitors, and the questions are written accordingly in a straightforward and common-sense way.

Immigration solicitors rely on the fictional notion that a visa form can only be understand with their help, and their interpretation of the secret meanings of questions. That's how they make a living.

checkmeifucancs
Newly Registered

Post by checkmeifucancs » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:36 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:10 am
checkmeifucancs wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:44 am
I am suggesting you answer all the questions, including "How long have you lived in the UK?" without stressing that they must have secret meanings, tricks or traps that only a solicitor could understand. They don't.

UK visa application forms are designed to be completed by the general public, not by immigration solicitors, and the questions are written accordingly in a straightforward and common-sense way.

Immigration solicitors rely on the fictional notion that a visa form can only be understand with their help, and their interpretation of the secret meanings of questions. That's how they make a living.
Thanks !
I have included that information in cover letter.

Regards,

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:52 pm

checkmeifucancs wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:36 pm
Cover letters are not used in UK immigration applications!

checkmeifucancs
Newly Registered

Post by checkmeifucancs » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:06 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:52 pm
checkmeifucancs wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:36 pm
Cover letters are not used in UK immigration applications!
I agree with your previous comment about "Making a living" statement. I was confused by the solicitors in first place.

I have written a letter and uploaded in the "Other" document section while uploading the documents (Again..advised by solicitor). My Sponsor provides the corporate solicitor to assist with the application therefore I followed them.

I have attended my biometric appointment now. Let's hope everything will work out.

Thanks for your responses sah10406

Regards,