ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong SOC Code chosen for CoS- only 1 CoS allocated

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

scruffykeith
Newly Registered
Canada

Wrong SOC Code chosen for CoS- only 1 CoS allocated

Post by scruffykeith » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:08 pm

Hi all,

My employer has been generous enough to get setup as a Tier 2 Licensed sponsor, and is trying to get me setup for continued employment after my current youth mobility visa expires. They have managed to successfully obtain a Skilled Worker Tier 2 CoS, but it was done with an incorrect SOC Code and Wages entered below the minimum required amount for my job

This CoS is now Approved but unused in the SMS system. Original SOC Code was entered as 2429, but should have been 2114. The government website says such errors must be corrected by the old CoS being cancelled/ withdrawn and a new one issued.

Advice from this forum is mixed, some people say they asked the employer to submit a new CoS request which was declined as one has already been submitted/ approved/ withdrawn. Other threads say the employer should just make a note in the "Sponsor Note" field about the correct SOC Code, but surely the change needs to be more official than that??

In short, how should we correct the issue of a CoS with a mistaken SOC Code and wages too low? I would tell the employer to Cancel/ Withdraw the CoS and resubmit, but will this then mean that the allocated CoS for the company are all used up? The company only registered for 1 allocated spot

Please, any help would be appreciated,
Keith

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Wrong SOC Code chosen for CoS- only 1 CoS allocated

Post by manci » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:52 pm

scruffykeith wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:08 pm
how should we correct the issue of a CoS with a mistaken SOC Code
The CoS should be withdrawn and a new one assigned once the sponsor requested and obtained an allocation.

A sponsor note cannot be used to change an incorrect SOC code
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

scruffykeith
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by scruffykeith » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:04 pm

Thanks manci, you seem to be the hero of many of these threads

So once the current CoS is withdrawn the company will need to apply for a whole new allocation for this year? is this something that can be done immediately with a quick turnaround?

Once that allocation is approved obviously we can proceed as normal. Help on clarifying this reallocation process would be much appreciated

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:04 pm

I
The sponsor has to use the SMS to request the allocation increase and will be asked for the reason for it which should ll be that a previously assigned CoS had the incorrect SOC code and will be or has been withdrawn.

If you are switching in-country there is a priority service available to sponsors for obtaining extra allocations of undefined CoSs. It costs £200 and the processing time is 5 working days:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ce-service

Note that you can only have one CoS assigned to you at any one time therefore the previous CoS must be withdrawn before the sponsor can assign a new CoS to you after they receive the additional allocation
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

scruffykeith
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by scruffykeith » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:46 pm

Thanks very much Manci, I've passed this info along

Fingers crossed it all works out, and a big thanks to you for helping out so many on this forum