ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision waiting

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kandex
Newly Registered
Mood:
Angola

Decision waiting

Post by kandex » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:13 pm

Hie good people

Could you please help me , i submitted my application mid September last year but i havent received reply. I only received an update three month ago stating that my application wont be processed in 6 month and they will update me with further update.

i am aware they are people who have waited for more than one could you please me what i can do to find the stage of my application and why it is taking to long.

Your assistance will be appreciated as the wait is really taxing my brain

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Decision waiting

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:54 am

Unfortunately UKVI are not known to give information on what stage their processing is, unless there is an issue with it when they would ask for further information or documents. Generally they just tell you they are late as with your application. Don't know which email address you contacted but perhaps this one might produce a more meaningful response: NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:55 am

kandex wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:13 pm
Hie good people

Could you please help me , i submitted my application mid September last year but i havent received reply. I only received an update three month ago stating that my application wont be processed in 6 month and they will update me with further update.

i am aware they are people who have waited for more than one could you please me what i can do to find the stage of my application and why it is taking to long.

I would say to email UKVI - NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Its long wait and you just need to be patient

dexmo

Post by dexmo » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:10 pm

kandex wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:13 pm
Hie good people

I would add, as alterhasse58 has pointed out, UKVI don't normally provide anyone with an update on their application and it would seem only contact applicants when they need further info or documents, when a decision has been made or when it would take them longer that the usual 6 months to reach a decision but even then not everyone waiting for more than 6 months gets the latter. Some applicants that have waited for more than 6 months have reported receiving a decision in just under a year and less, others in just over a year and more including around 2 years. Don't despair, you will get your decision whenever UKVI have completed processing your application, they cannot treat an application as abandoned as there is no statutory authority for such a decision.

kandex
Newly Registered
Mood:
Angola

Post by kandex » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:00 pm

thanks for the reassuring words. Its only that you will be seeing others being processed less than 9 month, then you start wondering if they is any problem with your application.

dexmo

Post by dexmo » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:42 pm

kandex wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:00 pm
thanks for the reassuring words. Its only that you will be seeing others being processed less than 9 month, then you start wondering if they is any problem with your application.
UKVI would have contacted you by now if there was a problem with your application and the fact that you got an email saying it will take them longer than 6 months to process it means it is definitely being dealt with. Whether the delay is due to COVID-19 or additional enquiries carried out on your application only UKVI know. Hang in there, whenever a decision is made or if further info is needed from you before one can be made you will be contacted.