ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wasfah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Naturalization questions

Post by wasfah » Thu May 06, 2021 4:01 pm

Hi Gurus/Members i am about to apply for British naturalization but confused & have few questions. i would be grateful if you answer. i came to uk in 2011 for study and then in 2013 as Tier 1 Entrepreneur along with brother(Team member). Both Got ILR in April 2020.

1- To prove absence period should i only upload entry & Exit stamp passport pages
2- Can i choose my accountant as my Professional referee, if yes then should i write "Client" to answer how they know you.
3- I am Director of company + getting salary from company so should i only choose "Director" option or employee option. Which documents should i have to upload like Tax office reference number, Current appointment report, Tax return etc.
4- Have you made any previous application in UK or Abroad ? what does this mean as i made previous application As Student in UK and my Brother studied from China before coming to UK. Do we need to mention those applications?
5- I have one Daughter Born before i got ILR and one son born after i got ILR.
I. do i need to apply for my daughter's naturalization and son's British passport only?
II. would it be better to apply for my daughter 's naturalization only and after successful application we all can apply for British passports?
6- Should i , my daughter and brother apply together or separately ? I mean paying fees together etc.
7- Regarding Child's referee ,GP and health visitor have refused to act as referee for my daughter so can i use my accountant as professional referee as he know us from last 7 years and providing me accountancy services for more than one year. if yes then should i explain this in my Daughter's application.
8- Do you have any Dependent not applying with you? should i say yes as my wife does not have ILR yet and my son born after my ILR but my daughter is applying along with me.
Thank you for your help

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalization questions

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 06, 2021 5:16 pm

wasfah wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:01 pm
Hi Gurus/Members i am about to apply for British naturalization but confused & have few questions. i would be grateful if you answer. i came to uk in 2011 for study and then in 2013 as Tier 1 Entrepreneur along with brother(Team member). Both Got ILR in April 2020.

1- To prove absence period should i only upload entry & Exit stamp passport pages
Yes for the qualifying period
2- Can i choose my accountant as my Professional referee, if yes then should i write "Client" to answer how they know you.
Yes you can. You can answer “in capacity of an accountant.”
3- I am Director of company + getting salary from company so should i only choose "Director" option or employee option. Which documents should i have to upload like Tax office reference number, Current appointment report, Tax return etc.
Tick “director” and “employee” both. You do NOT need any extra documents. Just mention the employer’s (your company’s) PAYE ref in the online form.
4- Have you made any previous application in UK or Abroad ? what does this mean as i made previous application As Student in UK and my Brother studied from China before coming to UK. Do we need to mention those applications?
ALL UK immigration applications you made, for example; Student, Tier 1 Ent initial, Tier 1 Ent Extension, ILR, etc
5- I have one Daughter Born before i got ILR and one son born after i got ILR.
Where are your children born? The following questions (5-6) can only be answered then.
I. do i need to apply for my daughter's naturalization and son's British passport only?
II. would it be better to apply for my daughter 's naturalization only and after successful application we all can apply for British passports?
6- Should i , my daughter and brother apply together or separately ? I mean paying fees together etc.
7- Regarding Child's referee ,GP and health visitor have refused to act as referee for my daughter so can i use my accountant as professional referee as he know us from last 7 years and providing me accountancy services for more than one year. if yes then should i explain this in my Daughter's application.
Add a cover letter and explain that GP and health visitor refused but you tried. Use the accountant then for the child case also
8- Do you have any Dependent not applying with you? should i say yes as my wife does not have ILR yet and my son born after my ILR but my daughter is applying along with me.
Yes
Thank you for your help
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

wasfah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by wasfah » Sat May 08, 2021 10:14 am

Thank you CULLINAN
1-Do i need to upload scan copies of all previous visas including Tier1 entrepreneur refused application ?
2- (Reference to previous questions no 5-6) My Daughter born (April 2019 before my ILR) in Uk , My ILR (March 2020) and Son Born in Uk (February 2021 after my ILR).
3- I came to uk in 2011 for study and then in 2013 as Tier 1 Entrepreneur so should i mention 2013 as answer to question (When did you came first time in uk)as i am claiming Naturalization on the basis of Tier 1 Entrepreneur Route?
4- For my Daughter's application i use option Child under 18 but it still ask questions related to Adults like marital Status etc. is this a generic application format or i am making mistake?
5- Please of Birth, Should it be hospital name, city name according to UK birth certificate?
6-My daughter does not have any Passport, travel document, National Identity card because we never applied and now recently only applied for nationality Identity card (Pakistani) so i can mention this reason in application?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 08, 2021 5:11 pm

wasfah wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:14 am
Thank you CULLINAN
1-Do i need to upload scan copies of all previous visas including Tier1 entrepreneur refused application ?
No documents are needed. Simply state all UK immigration applications in the form

2- (Reference to previous questions no 5-6) My Daughter born (April 2019 before my ILR) in Uk , My ILR (March 2020) and Son Born in Uk (February 2021 after my ILR).

You will register your daughter as British using MN1 form. You can start your own AN application first. Then add her in the same account as “Child below 18.” The form will automatically adapt to MN1 in her case. You will be able to apply for a British passport for her once her application is approved and you receive her certificate of registration at home.

Your son is born British. You will directly apply for a British passport for him. Note, your original ILR BRP is the proof for his British Citizenship. Keep your ILR BRP safe and do not return it to HO even after your own Naturalisation

3- I came to uk in 2011 for study and then in 2013 as Tier 1 Entrepreneur so should i mention 2013 as answer to question (When did you came first time in uk)as i am claiming Naturalization on the basis of Tier 1 Entrepreneur Route?

4- For my Daughter's application i use option Child under 18 but it still ask questions related to Adults like marital Status etc. is this a generic application format or i am making mistake?
Yes normal. Just choose “single”

5- Please of Birth, Should it be hospital name, city name according to UK birth certificate?
City

6-My daughter does not have any Passport, travel document, National Identity card because we never applied and now recently only applied for nationality Identity card (Pakistani) so i can mention this reason in application?
She does not need Pakistani passport or Pakistani National ID card. She is entitled to be registered as British after you are settled. If she has a NIC, declare that, if not, no issues. Her UK birth certificate and your ILR BRP copy is enough in her case..
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

wasfah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by wasfah » Mon May 17, 2021 11:42 am

Thank you for your reply again and i have completed my application, My daughter's and Brother's applications as well and have a few more questions:

1- I cannot remember exact date of previous visas applications (student and Tier1 Entrepreneur)but remember the years like student in 2011 and Tier 1 Entrepreneur 2013 etc so should i avoid the date and reference number for previous applications (to avoid mistake)although i have mentioned all previous visas or this is important to provide ? in case i can provide all previous visas.
2- Should i add my brother's application along with mine or it should be separate application with a new email address?
3- In 2019 i had car parking ticket plenty and i paid on time Should i mention this in my application ?

A few question related to my daughter's application
1- A letter of Consent From Miss ...parent(s) or legal guardian?
I. Should it be from both parents ?
II. Should it be a letter format and needs to be uploaded after scan and mention in the additional information section?
III.
Should we just write that we (both parents)are responsible for all immigration for our daughter or is there anything special we need to mention as well?

2- Proof of Mother's parental responsibility of Miss.(daughter) , should i provide Birth certificate of my daughter and My marriage certificate ?
3- Have you had settlement in the UK? (She was born in the uk)
4-My daughter is 2 years old so she should provide Biometrics or not.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 18, 2021 9:14 pm

wasfah wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:42 am
Thank you for your reply again and i have completed my application, My daughter's and Brother's applications as well and have a few more questions:

1- I cannot remember exact date of previous visas applications (student and Tier1 Entrepreneur)but remember the years like student in 2011 and Tier 1 Entrepreneur 2013 etc so should i avoid the date and reference number for previous applications (to avoid mistake)although i have mentioned all previous visas or this is important to provide ? in case i can provide all previous visas.
Estimates are okay. Date is if known question. Provide estimates or leave it blank. You can always clarify at the end in the notes that dates are estimates
2- Should i add my brother's application along with mine or it should be separate application with a new email address?
It is best if your brother applies separately in a different account. All applications are processed separately
3- In 2019 i had car parking ticket plenty and i paid on time Should i mention this in my application ?
No need

A few question related to my daughter's application
1- A letter of Consent From Miss ...parent(s) or legal guardian?
I. Should it be from both parents ?
Signed by both parents
II. Should it be a letter format and needs to be uploaded after scan and mention in the additional information section?
III.
Should we just write that we (both parents)are responsible for all immigration for our daughter or is there anything special we need to mention as well?
See below

2- Proof of Mother's parental responsibility of Miss.(daughter) , should i provide Birth certificate of my daughter and My marriage certificate ?
Birth certificate is enough to establish parental responsibility. If you are relying on father’s settled status to register her, add the marriage certificate also
3- Have you had settlement in the UK? (She was born in the uk)
Select no. If the form asks the reason, mention she was born in UK
4-My daughter is 2 years old so she should provide Biometrics or not.
Yes. But digital photo only
Consent:
Consent to the application:

Mother’s consent:

I (Full name of mother) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:

Father’s consent:

I (Full name of father) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:
Print, sign and upload with documents.

wasfah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by wasfah » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:21 pm

Thank you very much CULLINAN for your help and i have submitted my online application. One last question: i am running same company since i got Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa and i have used same company for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension and then for ILR. Now for Naturalisation application i have used same company but due to some reasons i want to close this company and start a new company. Would there be any issue if i close this company as home office will check with HMRC about it (All company's affair are upto date) as i have mentioned only this company in my naturalisation application. Apart from this company i never did any other job in the UK. Thank a lot again